Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭kooga

Providing the channels to eir tv customers, yes. But at a charge I would imagine.

Agree / currently sky sports and cinema are the only sky channels on evision / at a cost

Bt was always going to be available/ but at a cost - but again similar to sky to now watch bt sports hd will I need the hd pack at a €5 extra per month

Also it has been mentioned that freesports will now be on the evision platform - will it be in hd?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Business Post also saying no deal between Sky and Virgin for BT Sport - imagine Champions League rights might have had something to do with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Delta2113

This is the same Business Post that claimed in 2016 that TV3 (now Virgin Media Television) would launch it's own News Channel.

• Administrators Posts: 53,836 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If I was Eir management I would certainly be putting out rumours about some hypothetical deal / major announcement to stop the floodgates of cancellations. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

I cancelled Eir Sports pack this morning with Eir

I was told I did not need to give 30 days notice due to Eir not been able to provide BT Sports Channels from August 1st
    They will be turning off access to Eir Sport channels to My Sky Q and Sky Q Mini and also 2 Sky HD Boxes in next few days and I won't be billed next month.

Eir tried to get me to stay by offering a discount £15.99 a month for 6 months
    I told them no point I have no interest in Eir Sports 1 and 2 Channels as I very rarely watch Rugby or GAA

I got Eir Sport Pack/Setanta previously mostly for Premier League Football and Champions League

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Did anyone elses BT channels switch to SD today on the Sky EPG?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Mr.Maroon wrote: »
    Are the HD versions still viewable ? (In work atm)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭kooga

still have BT in HD

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Mr.Maroon wrote: »

My BT HD channels moved to 867+ while the SD ones are now in the 413+ slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

awec wrote: »
    If I was Eir management I would certainly be putting out rumours about some hypothetical deal / major announcement to stop the floodgates of cancellations. ;)

sure if it was untrue, the floodgates would just happen on 1 August anyway

• Advertisement

Providing the channels to eir tv customers, yes. But at a charge I would imagine.

I pay for Eir anyway

if the cost was the same I'd stick with Eir in order to keep Pro14 as a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

bot43 wrote: »

The same happened to my channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,967 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just checked my sky plus app and they've moved too. Isn't there a rule for Sky that they will only replace an SD channel with the HD if it's an exact copy. So for regional shows with localised ads, they will only show the HD version if that version is what is showing. Which is why E! and others have the first version available as SD with the HD higher up (SD has Irish ads, HD has UK). Wonder if it's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

bot43 wrote: »

BT Sport channels still the same on my Sky Q Box and Sky Q Mini
    BT Sport 1 HD is 413
    BT Sport 2 HD is 414
    BT Sport 3 HD is 417

BT Sport/ESPN HD is on 423

What Sky Box you using

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

paulboland wrote: »
    BT Sport channels still the same on my Sky Q Box and Sky Q Mini
    BT Sport 1 HD is 413
    BT Sport 2 HD is 414
    BT Sport 3 HD is 417

BT Sport/ESPN HD is on 423

What Sky Box you using

Sky Q. Been like this 3 months or so tbh.

The channels you mentioned are now my BT SD channels.

awec wrote: »
    As I said in an early post Eir have completely misjudged this , the notion that Pro 14 and effectively non exclusive rights to RWC would entice subscribers to remain and pay the same price wad ludicrous.
    Anecdotally there has been a large level of cancellations and imho unfortunately I don't see how Eirsports can survive as a stand alone product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Infoanon wrote: »
    As I said in an early post Eir have completely misjudged this , the notion that Pro 14 and effectively non exclusive rights to RWC would entice subscribers to remain and pay the same price wad ludicrous.
    Anecdotally there has been a large level of cancellations and imho unfortunately I don't see how Eirsports can survive as a stand alone product.

There must be a valid reason why they are not moving forward with news or why they are not moving on price. It's the same with Sky, there is obviously a reason why they haven't disclosed the price yet. Must be something they can't do contractually. I'd very must doubt it's a case of misjudging things.

Infoanon wrote: »

There must be a valid reason why they are not moving forward with news or why they are not moving on price. It's the same with Sky, there is obviously a reason why they haven't disclosed the price yet. Must be something they can't do contractually. I'd very must doubt it's a case of misjudging things.
    Eirsports has a price - it's unchanged !, they will offer you a 2 to 6 month discount but then it's back to the standard charge.
    For Sky it's judging the maximum price they can charge without a huge drop off in subscriptions (and possibly trying not to get too much negative publicity ).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Clonsk

Eir and Sky Ireland have a significant publicity concern over nex few days! Unless Eir can offer BT Sport channels at an extra cost and reduce their charge for Eirsport channels for non Eir Telephone/broadband customers they will have to reconsider Eirsport facility going forward! Sky Ireland offering a BT Sports pack at an extra cost may not be a good publicity cost especially as most existing BT sports subscribers facilitated the service as part of their Eir package! May be some interesting announcements in coming days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

Contract only starts on 1st of August. Not allowed advertise a price before that as BT still in contract with eir

• Advertisement

joe_99 wrote: »
    Contract only starts on 1st of August. Not allowed advertise a price before that as BT still in contract with eir

Eir no longer advertise BT as being in the package

if it is that simple why don't Sky just say "pricing will be announced on 1 August" it would at least stop all the queries

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Riskymove wrote: »
    Eir no longer advertise BT as being in the package

if it is that simple why don't Sky just say "pricing will be announced on 1 August" it would at least stop all the queries

Sky will love all the talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Eir showing 3 games involving LOI teams this week. Keep that up or near it and throw in the pro 14 and the 30quid I pay for phone Internet and eir sports will still be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Where will the pro14 games be available?

My dad has Eir sports and wondering if he'd be better off dropping it.

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Where will the pro14 games be available?

My dad has Eir sports and wondering if he'd be better off dropping it.

Eir have exclusive English language rights for Ireland but tg4 will have one game a week I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

It must be a contract issue that Sky can't reveal the pricing for this new Sports Extra pack prior to August 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭Storm 10

How can Eir get away saying it's the only place to watch the Rugby world cup when it's Free on ITV practically every home in Ireland has ITV

Storm 10 wrote: »
    How can Eir get away saying it's the only place to watch the Rugby world cup when it's Free on ITV practically every home in Ireland has ITV

Because technically they have the UK rights while Eir have the Irish rights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Because technically they have the UK rights while Eir have the Irish rights

If a pub shows the RWC on ITV and refuses to bother with an Eir subscription are they breaking the law?

• Advertisement

If a pub shows the RWC on ITV and refuses to bother with an Eir subscription are they breaking the law?

I haven't a clue. All the Irish games are on rte anyway due to a deal they did with eir. Itv might not even be allowed to show it in Ireland.

Advertisement