Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

If a pub shows the RWC on ITV and refuses to bother with an Eir subscription are they breaking the law?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

If a pub shows the RWC on ITV and refuses to bother with an Eir subscription are they breaking the law?

No.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They might be breaking the law for a different reason to the one you think - the vast majority of the games are outside of licensing hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Storm 10 wrote: »
    How can Eir get away saying it's the only place to watch the Rugby world cup when it's Free on ITV practically every home in Ireland has ITV

-Hardly every home - you must have a dish for ITV1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

What people are forgetting is that the world cup is in Japan and the games will be on at all hours. Not TV friendly. Hence eir won the rights easily enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

joe_99 wrote: »
    What people are forgetting is that the world cup is in Japan and the games will be on at all hours. Not TV friendly. Hence eir won the rights easily enough.

Think most games are between 8am to 12 pm so that's not too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

D14Rugby wrote: »

True but a lot of those are midweek. There are 4 good slots each weekend for the group stages. 8/9am and 11am/12pm Sat and Sun.

All the Ireland games and all knockout games are on RTE too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Storm 10 wrote: »
    How can Eir get away saying it's the only place to watch the Rugby world cup when it's Free on ITV practically every home in Ireland has ITV

-Hardly every home - you must have a dish for ITV1.
    Eir are losing the Sky dish subscribers following the announcement of the new tie up between Sky and BT.
    Eir are trying to retain these sane Sky dish subscribers with exclusive RWC.

Alas Sky dish subscribers know that they have free coverage via ITV .

Eir can claim exclusive coverage but the reality for (50% + if you include free sat ?) Is very different

• Registered Users Posts: 46,025 ✭✭✭✭muffler

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Picked up the match times from another source ..... KO times followed by number of games for 1st round pool games

04:15 - 1
    05:45 - 5
    06:15 - 5
    06:45 - 1
    08:15 - 3
    08:45 - 5
    09:00 - 1
    09:15 - 2
    10:45 - 4
    11:15 - 8
    11:30 - 1
    11:45 - 4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/sports-extra/

Sports Extra page updated.

€30 for Sky Sports & Sports Extra for 6 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Any idea if there’s a stand-alone offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Im so glad i got rid of the sports in the summer. Half price offer is ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Any idea if there’s a stand-alone offer?

Guessing it's going to be €20 on it's own seen as that's a half price offer and Sky Sports on it's own is €40.

And don't forget HD is another €8.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://www.skysports.com/more-sports/news/33694/11769395/jamie-carragher-brian-odriscoll-launch-the-new-sports-extra-pack-on-sky

Better info here

'Sports Extra', which has six sports channels; BT Sport 1, 2, 3, ESPN and Premier Sports 1 & 2, will be available from August 1 at amazing value. New and existing Sky Sports customers will get Sports Extra for just €10, while non Sky Sports customers will be able to purchase the new pack for €17.*

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mburke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

so its 34euro if you dont have skysports at full price without offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

https://www.skysports.com/more-sports/news/33694/11769395/jamie-carragher-brian-odriscoll-launch-the-new-sports-extra-pack-on-sky

Better info here

'Sports Extra', which has six sports channels; BT Sport 1, 2, 3, ESPN and Premier Sports 1 & 2, will be available from August 1 at amazing value. New and existing Sky Sports customers will get Sports Extra for just €10, while non Sky Sports customers will be able to purchase the new pack for €17.*

Watching sports in SD aint great, you're really going to want the HD pack so another €8.
    It's ridiculous that all channels are not in HD with Sky.
    Sky Cinema is HD by default, Sports should be the same.

If it was €17 and included HD I'd pay it, I refuse to pay an extra fee for HD and ain’t paying €17 for a SD sports service!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I see they have an offer for Sky Cinema in HD 9 euro a month for existing Sky Sports customers,

Pity they cant do something similar with the new sports deal and add in HD as part of the deal, surely more people will take up the offer then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I could live with an extra €10 per month. I'm always on a half price deal for Sky Sports (cancel/renew/cancel...etc.) so I would never pay €20 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dom40

is there no box nation on this sports extra package either?

• Advertisement

Jesus 540quid just to watch sports on sky. That's stupidly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

dom40 wrote: »
    is there no box nation on this sports extra package either?

Doesn't look like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dom40

lertsnim wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it.

to hell with that then,way to expensive, I think we were all a bit spoilt with the Eir sports package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

God be with the days when you could get a years sub. from BT for less than €100 on Black Fridays.

rodge123 wrote: »
    Guessing it's going to be €20 on it's own seen as that's a half price offer and Sky Sports on it's own is €40.

So ignoring the discounts that can be got the full cost of this new package from 1st August will be €100 pm (32 for basic package, 40 for SS, 20 for BT/Prem & 8 for HD). Ouch.

Being forced to take the basic package is always the thing that grinds my gears. Until this ends I'll never have Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I'm surprised that Eir Sports are maintaining its price at €29.99 for non Eir customers given its hugely reduced offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Vudgie wrote: »
    I'm surprised that Eir Sports are maintaining its price at €29.99 for non Eir customers given its hugely reduced offering.

I'm not surprised. Its called "ripping people off"

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

rodge123 wrote: »

17 euro, as you can only get it now with Boxsets and HD. So for Sports Extra and HD its 49, is that correct?

Vudgie wrote: »

Who are they charging that to? My understanding is eir sports is only available as part of other bundles so it's impossible to work out its stand alone cost

Edit:just seen the add on for sky there that's available. You'd be as well just switching to eir mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

So if the sums are right, to get sky sports, bt and premier with hd you are talking about €100.

Sky tv basic + hd + sky sports = €80 (on their site).
    Bt/Premier €20

You then have to add on eir sports which presumably will be about €20 p/m.

So possibly €120 for everything.

They have reductions for the first 6 months.

I really think Sky need to ditch contracts. Tying people in is a huge turn off especially in the age of netflix, etc.
    A simple app where you can cancel/sign up instantly would be a big attraction. Charge the person the full month if they watch for any time in that month.

It is the ringing up of agents that would be very tiresome. People might not want all the discounts if they could cancel/sign up at the touch of a button.

Is there any mention of just signing up for bt/premier without any Sky content?

I see they mention €34 (€17 for 6 months) for non sky sports subscribers. It seems you can't get bt/premier on its own without any sky content.

Now tv (including bt) or I won't be hooked.

Advertisement