Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Riskymove wrote: »
    Thanks still a lot of uncertainty about it

I am a sky customer but added Eir/BT to my skybox so am not an "Eir Vision customer"

not sure if I will have the option to choose Eir rather than sky to add on BT

If you want to watch BT Sports on a Sky box the only way will be to purchase it through Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

So the simple solution is to spend even more money on a new box rather than using the box you are paying Sky for? Not a very bright idea really. It's cheaper to pay Eir for Eir Sports for the time the World Cup is on

If you can't watch the games live, would you not just catch up on the games on YouTube or use a VPN on the ITV Player?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I just saw an Eir Sport ad on RTÉ2 a short while ago.

The ad for Eir Sport featured Eimear Considine, Peter Stringer, Gordon Darcy & Tommy Bowe for their RWC coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

ITV and S4C are pretty useless for people with Sky TV who can't watch games lives though, as there is no way of recording or pausing live TV

That's hardly a big deal as most people will watch a game live anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

eam77 wrote: »
    Wonder what eirsport 2 will be showing now without premier content. Probably repeats.

"You're watching Eirsport 2"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Eirsports phoned earlier with an offer as I have cancelled - €13.99 for 6 months and then €30 a month with RWC as the selling point.
    That's a total of € 264 - total of € 5 euro a year less then the annual cost with BT Sports !!

I fear Eirsports is doomed - the agent also tried to convince me that ITV were not showing the RWC but in fairness I suppose they have to 'make a sale'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

icdg wrote: »
    Eir Sport 2 being removed from Vodafone TV is interesting - what about Pro14 games on that channel then?

Eir Sport 1 stays as part of the basic service (a legacy of the old days when Setanta Ireland was available on the basic tier of cable platforms).

Incidentally, this shows that Sky are at least wiling to do wholesale deals on the right terms.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-on/Changes-to-the-Sky-TV-Guide-July-2019/ba-p/3024909

Confirmation from Sky of the new Premier Sports HD channel numbers (412 & 429)

429 is currently the Irish version of FreeSports which I think will be move to 422 on the 1st August too as that's the number used in the UK for FreeSports with eir Sport 2 HD being removed

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Any source on that FreeSports move mackersdublin? It sounds to me, perhaps adding two and two together to make ten, like eir Sport 2 is closing? And if that’s the case, what happens to Pro14 fixture clashes (not uncommon) and Allianz League coverage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭swoofer

and don't forget the charge for hd and you must have the basic pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

kooga wrote: »
    in addition S4C have nine games live

opening game
    wales x4
    q/f
    s/f
    bronze
    Final

so between S4c, RTE and ITV - the world cup is sorted

You do know that the commentary will be in Welsh if you watch S4C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

mikeym wrote: »

And in HD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Infoanon wrote: »
    Eirsports phoned earlier with an offer as I have cancelled - €13.99 for 6 months and then €30 a month with RWC as the selling point.
    That's a total of € 264 - total of € 5 euro a year less then the annual cost with BT Sports !!

I fear Eirsports is doomed - the agent also tried to convince me that ITV were not showing the RWC but in fairness I suppose they have to 'make a sale'

Have we confirmed itv will be showing it in Ireland? ITV quite often have different programs on in the UK and in Ireland at the same time and especially with something like sports rights that could be the case for the RWC. Not that it matters for the casual viewer but for Rugby fans it might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Have we confirmed itv will be showing it in Ireland? ITV quite often have different programs on in the UK and in Ireland at the same time and especially with something like sports rights that could be the case for the RWC. Not that it matters for the casual viewer but for Rugby fans it might.

ITV is available free to air in Ireland with no geo restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Any idea if this new sports pack will be available on Now TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

mikeym wrote: »

There are normally commentary options, including an English language option.

joe_99 wrote: »
    ITV is available free to air in Ireland with no geo restrictions.

You sure? Because it definitely used to be the case where they had different programming depending on which country you were in at times.
    There are normally commentary options, including an English language option.

Depends on the rights they got. They could have got Welsh language specific rights

• Registered Users Posts: 46,025 ✭✭✭✭muffler

D14Rugby wrote: »
    You sure? Because it definitely used to be the case where they had different programming depending on which country you were in at times.

Depends on the rights they got. They could have got Welsh language specific rights
    ITV doesnt broadcast to Ireland so they dont show different programmes. Perhaps you are confusing it with UTV where some local programming is broadcast similar to local programming in Scotland and Wales.

We are just in the fortunate position where we can pick it up on Freeview and FTA. If you are a Sky subscriber you have to tune it in manually as its not allocated a slot on their EPG for Irish viewers

muffler wrote: »
    ITV doesnt broadcast to Ireland so they dont show different programmes. Perhaps you are confusing it with UTV where some local programming is broadcast similar to local programming in Scotland and Wales.

We are just in the fortunate position where we can pick it up on Freeview and FTA. If you are a Sky subscriber you have to tune it in manually as its not allocated a slot on their EPG for Irish viewers

Ah yeah that's it I'm thinking of UTV a few years back.

Nothing official, but it appears that BT Sport but not Premier Sports may be available at a later date (presumably, when it launches in the UK).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

lertsnim wrote: »
    That's hardly a big deal as most people will watch a game live anyway.

Most people won't be watching all games live. Most people will watch the weekend games live (if they get up early enough), but there are games on during the week when most people will be working, so they won't be able to see them live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

Now TV help have confirmed it on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/NOWTVIreland/status/1154673160383541249

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭yknaa

bennyl10 wrote: »
    yup, 17 a month for 6months then up to 34

Tempted to go with just the SS Extra and have access to PL games, German football and Europa League ties. Might see if the would bundle it with Sky Cinema - as they do with Sports for a total of €24.50 p/m for 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Most people won't be watching all games live. Most people will watch the weekend games live (if they get up early enough), but there are games on during the week when most people will be working, so they won't be able to see them live

Highlights will do those people as the result of any games will be known and let's be honest here and say that most will only watch Ireland games live at the world cup and they are on RTE so that can still be recorded.

Is there any Scottish football on it?

• Administrators Posts: 53,735 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Infoanon wrote: »

Yea I got a similar offer about a month ago.

Eir are deluded. Their short-term offer price is close to what their full price should be, this 30 quid a month is pure pie-in-the-sky stuff.

If they rang up and offered it to me for a year for €9.99 a month I'd take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Is there any Scottish football on it?

No they show that on Comedy Central.

Less of the one liners please.

BT share the SPFL rights with Sky (all Celtic v Rangers games are on Sky) while Premier Sports have the Scottish Cup and SPFL Cup.

icdg wrote: »
    Less of the one liners please.

BT share the SPFL rights with Sky (all Celtic v Rangers games are on Sky) while Premier Sports have the Scottish Cup and SPFL Cup.

So no league games on this package then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

yknaa wrote: »
    Tempted to go with just the SS Extra and have access to PL games, German football and Europa League ties. Might see if the would bundle it with Sky Cinema - as they do with Sports for a total of €24.50 p/m for 6 months

I called Sky yesterday with this intention. Get rid of Cinema and wait for BT Sports (Or whoever gets La Liga) ended up with a Sky Sports/Cinema package for €34 a month with no contract. They offered €24.50 for 6 months but a 12 month contract so wasn't getting that for love nor money. I always get caught out for extending what I want to cancel 🀣

On the flip side I'll get BT for a tenner anyway if La Liga rights are bought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭swoofer

do you mean the basic package plus 34 a month??

Advertisement