Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I'm stuck with eir for now, so what is included in the eir sport pack 'going forward'.

Forget about the one off Rugby World Cup now.....

Pro 14 Rugby, GAA NFL, some League of Ireland...... I'm struggling from there on of I'm honest.
    What else have they rights to? Looks like a dead duck to me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

zorro2566 wrote: »
    So no league games on this package then?

The Sports Extra package - yes, there will be 30 SPFL Premiership games plus relegation play offs live next season, but those thirty games will not include Old Firm derbies.

From 2020 onwards the whole thing goes back to Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Our 2019/2020 season includes all 48 games from the 2019 Rugby World Cup, all 152 Guinness PRO14 Games, the GAA Allianz Leagues, exclusive Airtricity League and FA Cup, US Masters golf, Wimbledon and more.

tennis, motorsport, some athletics

Masters and Wimbledon available on other channels anyway

if they can't get BT they will only be able to continue for a lot less money - as suggested by others a tenner a month maybe

they are going to lose all non Eir Broadband or EirVision customers for BT anyway it seems and will have to charge those for a BT add-on (if they can get a deal on BT)

The only way to get BT via a sky dish will now be with Sky

• Administrators Posts: 53,735 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm stuck with eir for now, so what is included in the eir sport pack 'going forward'.

Forget about the one off Rugby World Cup now.....

Pro 14 Rugby, GAA NFL, some League of Ireland...... I'm struggling from there on of I'm honest.

Do you like NASCAR?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

awec wrote: »
    Do you like NASCAR?

:D

NASCAR actually won't be on eir anymore. It's a Premier Sports product as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

swoofer wrote: »
    do you mean the basic package plus 34 a month??

Yes ss and sc added on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

What are the options for pro 14

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

VANG1 wrote: »
    What are the options for pro 14

eir Sport will show all pro 14 games in ROI

Premier Sport will show all pro 14 games in the UK. I imagine it'll be blue screened on Premier Sports in ROI when pro14 is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

ffocused wrote: »

That sounds ideal. Access to BT with no need for Sky Sports. I can always add it on for a month.

The beauty of now tv is that you can take it away from home and watch in a holiday home or elsewhere.

Sky Go customers really are not getting value there.

NASCAR actually won't be on eir anymore. It's a Premier Sports product as well

Ah jaysus, that’s a deal breaker for sure!!

• Advertisement

That sounds ideal. Access to BT with no need for Sky Sports. I can always add it on for a month.

The beauty of now tv is that you can take it away from home and watch in a holiday home or elsewhere.

Sky Go customers really are not getting value there.

I don’t follow? Sky Go can be watched anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

icdg wrote: »
    Any source on that FreeSports move mackersdublin? It sounds to me, perhaps adding two and two together to make ten, like eir Sport 2 is closing? And if that’s the case, what happens to Pro14 fixture clashes (not uncommon) and Allianz League coverage?

No source, just a thought as FreeSports and Premier Sports 2 HD can't both be on Sky channel 429, so FreeSports must be moving next Thursday

Also I can't see how eir Sport will have enough content to fill 2 channels without Premier Sports content. Maybe eir Sport 2 will only be available on eir Vision or as a red button option. Time will tell

Yeah, I’m a bit confused there. Sky Go has all of the same content as Now TV and more linear channels to boot?

Anyway. the situation will be much better than at present, where eir Sport satellite customers have no out of home access at all (since Setanta Go, which only worked on PCs/Macs, bit the dust a while back).

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Isn't eir sport 2 HD and premier sport 1 HD still the same stream? I don't think any test label has appeared for eir sport 2 and as sky require a few wks of testing before EPG launch doesn't this look like eir sport 2 will close?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Premier Sports are testing 4 HD feeds at the moment ahead of next Thursday on 12.226 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Riskymove wrote: »
    tennis, motorsport, some athletics

Masters and Wimbledon available on other channels anyway

if they can't get BT they will only be able to continue for a lot less money - as suggested by others a tenner a month maybe

they are going to lose all non Eir Broadband or EirVision customers for BT anyway it seems and will have to charge those for a BT add-on (if they can get a deal on BT)

The only way to get BT via a sky dish will now be with Sky

Is the majority of the Pro 14s interesting games (Irish games, finals etc) not available FTA anyway, how big a seller is the Southern Kings v Treviso anyway like. As noted, the tennis and some LoI are FTA too, really not much left. GAA Leagues are noce to have, but not for half the price quoted.

One of my favourites, College /NCAA football is a BT/ESPN product, so that's gone.

Really not much content left. If the NowTV is priced keenly then maybe, but if they gouge the price then they can have no sympathy if the streamers/iptv get around their new super duper controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Is the majority of the Pro 14s interesting games (Irish games, finals etc) not available FTA anyway, how big a seller is the Southern Kings v Treviso anyway like. As noted, the tennis and some LoI are FTA too, really not much left. GAA Leagues are noce to have, but not for half the price quoted.

One of my favourites, College /NCAA football is a BT/ESPN product, so that's gone.

Really not much content left

There's one game a round of Pro 14 FTA, don't think it includes knockouts.
    Saying LOI is FTA is being very generous to RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

You can't chromecast sky go to a tv. You can with Now tv. 2 weeks in Spain and you watch it there too. No need to go searching for that pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

You can't chromecast sky go to a tv. You can with Now tv. 2 weeks in Spain and you watch it there too. No need to go searching for that pub.

You can put Sky Go on TV if using a laptop with a HDMI port.

I'm probably going to get it. It is wrecking my head that BT isn't going to be in HD though. Currently watching Bundesliga 2. Next week I have to pay for it and it will be in SD.

The price is as good as I could have hoped for I suppose. I remember paying the same for the old ESPN UK before BT and EirSport came along. And that was only for one channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

I have cancelled eirsport but lost recorded bt sport content on my sky box, will I get it back when I access bt sport on sky from August 1st 2019

• Advertisement

Acosta wrote: »
    I'm probably going to get it. It is wrecking my head that BT isn't going to be in HD though. Currently watching Bundesliga 2. Next week I have to pay for it and it will be in SD.

It will be in HD as long as you have the Sky HD pack, no?

I’m in the opposite situation, I have Sky Multiscreen but not eir Sport multiroom. At present I only have BT Sport on one TV. Under the new arrangement I’ll have it on both TVs and on my tablet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

I’m in the opposite situation, I have Sky Multiscreen but not eir Sport multiroom. At present I only have BT Sport on one TV. Under the new arrangement I’ll have it on both TVs and on my tablet too.

I cancelled my subscription to Eirsports on Wednesday, if i had not done so I would have had to pay another month, I had been subscribing to Eirsport so that I could receive the Eirsports pack on my sky box, it was disconnected earlier this evening, but I am unable to view my Bt sport that I have recorded to my Sky box over the past few months, I am wondering if i will be able to view my Bt sport that I have recorded to my Sky box, when I subscribe Sky for Bt Sport & Premier sport on August 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

I don't have Sky HD. BT was always in HD with the Eirsport pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

energy1942 wrote: »
    I cancelled my subscription to Eirsports on Wednesday, if i had not done so I would have had to pay another month, I had been subscribing to Eirsport so that I could receive the Eirsports pack on my sky box, it was disconnected earlier this evening, but I am unable to view my Bt sport that I have recorded to my Sky box over the past few months, I am wondering if i will be able to view my Bt sport that I have recorded to my Sky box, when I subscribe Sky for Bt Sport & Premier sport on August 1st.

Yes you will be able to view it as you will have subscribed to it again

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Eir have removed all mention of bt sport being part of the pack but are still listing nascar and nhl as being broadcast. I wonder if Premier will launch Irish specific versions of both channels as between gaa, pro14, nhl and nascar it would certainly lead to a lot of blocked programs

Perhaps. I’d be more looking at the Pro14 fixture list where there are two Saturday 3pm (or similar) KOs most weeks for which Premier Sports need two channels to show, at the same time as which they need to use a channel for their FAPL 3pms. Of course that doesn’t mean they won’t use FreeSports as well, but last year FreeSports games were mainly Italy/SA games.

Perhaps. I’d be more looking at the Pro14 fixture list where there are two Saturday 3pm (or similar) KOs most weeks for which Premier Sports need two channels to show, at the same time as which they need to use a channel for their FAPL 3pms. Of course that doesn’t mean they won’t use FreeSports as well, but last year FreeSports games were mainly Italy/SA games.

Free sports have had two channels in the UK for a while. They won't have a problem here as Eir have the pro14 rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Free sports have had two channels in the UK for a while. They won't have a problem here as Eir have the pro14 rights.

What 2 channels do Feeesports have? I can only access one or am I missing something?

What 2 channels do Feeesports have? I can only access one or am I missing something?

Sorry meant Premier Sports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Premier Sports 2 to go HD on Thursday next 1st August.

Advertisement