Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/sky-sports-bt-sport-and-premier-sport-could-cost-92-per-month-1.3965907
    Sky TV customers could pay up to €92 per month for a package including Sky Sports, BT Sport and Premier Sport after the company released pricing details of their new Sports Extra subscription on Wednesday.

[MOD-SNIP]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

You know the rule about media articles - link and summary only please. Also it’s usual to contribute to the discussion on thread by explaining the significance of the linked article

Meanwhile, BT Sport’s new brand identity and on-air look was launched this morning, with most English and Scottish football leagues (except for the Premier League) returning this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Premier Sport 1/2 HD to come to viewers in ROI on Thursday but will Pro 14 coverage be geo blocked due to Eir Sport holding rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

Premier Sport 1/2 HD to come to viewers in ROI on Thursday but will Pro 14 coverage be geo blocked due cto Eir Sport holding rights?

You won't, That is why I agreed to sign up again on Saturday after they contacted me & offered me a reduced offer of €15.99pm for 6 months, although she advised me to contact them in December or January as there may be a new offer by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭swoofer

Just saw the new BT id and its ironic that its now almost but not quite invisible. Maybe they are getting the message that these onscreen DOGS are not liked. Mind you with the price Sky are going to charge I wont be seeing them for much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

swoofer wrote: »
    Just saw the new BT id and its ironic that its now almost but not quite invisible. Maybe they are getting the message that these onscreen DOGS are not liked. Mind you with the price Sky are going to charge I wont be seeing them for much longer.

Is the ESPN one not taking up a quarter of the screen anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TonyK45

Just in case anyone hasn't noticed it on the Sky EPG. eir Sport 2 will cease simulcast of Premier Sport 1 at 7 am on Friday Aug 2nd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

energy1942 wrote: »
    You won't, That is why I agreed to sign up again on Saturday after they contacted me & offered me a reduced offer of €15.99pm for 6 months, although she advised me to contact them in December or January as there may be a new offer by then.

what company are you talking about here Eir ?

what company are you talking about here Eir ?

Eir 0818 203040

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

just looking at the Premier Sports 1 tv listings for Saturday August 10th - 2.45 PL Palace v Everton - 5.10 * ROI Only , so they ,must be just geo- blocking it out rather than have a dedicated Premier Sport channel for ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Has anyone tried cancelling with eir sports while inside their contract period, based on the loss of the BT channels? (Or a deterioration in the product)

I presume it wouldn’t work and that they had language in the contract to protect them but because my eir sport is tied in with a mobile phone I’m handcuffed for a few months yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

fatgav wrote: »
    Has anyone tried cancelling with eir sports while inside their contract period, based on the loss of the BT channels? (Or a deterioration in the product)

I presume it wouldn’t work and that they had language in the contract to protect them but because my eir sport is tied in with a mobile phone I’m handcuffed for a few months yet.

Told €500 for me to cancel. I have broadband, landline and TV contract with Eir until next Feb so hoping they can offer me some deal with BT Sports next Thu that's when they told me to ring back, 1st Aug.

Otherwise I will definitely be moving to Sky as soon as contract up as Eir can't seriously think they will not lose customers over this! There is literally nothing on their remaining sports channels if like me have very little interest in rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

kooga wrote: »
    just looking at the Premier Sports 1 tv listings for Saturday August 10th - 2.45 PL Palace v Everton - 5.10 * ROI Only , so they ,must be just geo- blocking it out rather than have a dedicated Premier Sport channel for ROI

What will they then do when there is a 3.00pm KO Pro 14 game to be shown on Premier Sports 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

What will they then do when there is a 3.00pm KO Pro 14 game to be shown on Premier Sports 1?

Freesports is an option for the rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

lertsnim wrote: »
    Freesports is an option for the rugby.

Unlikely given their investment in pro14 rights - most likely premier 2 or a red button functionality - last year eir had pro 14 matches on their channels that were only available X1, X2 on the eir platform and online

Sepately is the HD version of freesports tuneable yet as a FTA channel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    Unlikely given their investment in pro14 rights - most likely premier 2 or a red button functionality - last year eir had pro 14 matches on their channels that were only available X1, X2 on the eir platform and online

Sepately is the HD version of freesports tuneable yet as a FTA channel ?

yep

https://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=freesports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Pure early interest here but I’m wondering will we have a red button service for the multiple premier league games live on Premier in December?

I imagine it will either be that or through the Premier Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Have any eir broadband customers asked eir about the possibility of adding the BT channels onto their Sky box for a charge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Sorry if it's been asked before (can't find it), but will bt sports and premier sports be viewable on sky go now after this deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

limpdd wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been asked before (can't find it), but will bt sports and premier sports be viewable on sky go now after this deal?

BT yes, Premier no. At least for now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭coffey87

Now that Premier Sports are stand alone channels in Ireland, will the Premier Player be available to subscribe to here? Not sure if this has already been mentioned.

We should know everything by this time tomorrow morning, still no clear information regarding Boxnation channel.

coffey87 wrote: »
    Now that Premier Sports are stand alone channels in Ireland, will the Premier Player be available to subscribe to here? Not sure if this has already been mentioned.

I don’t know whether they will make it available for standalone subscription like they do in the UK - their deal with Sky may tie their hands on that one. However, in the UK, satellite customers do have access to the Premier Player - albeit Premier do their own subscriber management for satellite customers in the UK (similar to eir Sport here).

Something else...

Apparently, part of the deal between BT Sport and Amazon (which primarily involves BT/Sunset and Vine producing the coverage) is that BT will get Amazon’s games onto Astra for commercial customers (who want a satellite solution and most of whom aren’t set up to cope with streaming) and deal with marketing/sales to pubs. Now it strikes me that if feeds of the games are already on Astra, Premier Sports could do a deal with Amazon/BT to allow its customers access to those feeds. Quick and simple way of doing things, you would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

The last day of the Eirsport pack

Acosta wrote: »
    The last day of the Eirsport pack

And still no information about what happens with regards to Boxnation.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Butson

Anyone contacted Sky on this yet?
    Are they open to doing deals i.e throw in HD?

energy1942 wrote: »
    And still no information about what happens with regards to Boxnation.

Other than, eir Sport are saying they won’t be providing it.

Here’s their notice to digital satellite customers:

http://www.eirsport.ie/update-to-the-eir-sport-pack

And the slightly different one for Eir customers (who are getting FreeSports added, as if that somehow makes up). Still nothing about a wholesale deal.

http://www.eir.ie/sport/news/

Doesn’t look like there is one single live sport programme in eir Sport 2’s first five days as an independently programmed channel. Lots and lots of repeats.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Just rang up and cancelled eir sports pack thought it would loads of hassle but the guy just processed the cancellation no problem at all, very smooth.

Advertisement