Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

Butson wrote: »
    Anyone contacted Sky on this yet?
    Are they open to doing deals i.e throw in HD?

only open to deals once you cancel with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

My last day with eirsport has just ended. Cut off at 6:15. I thought they would wait until midnight. Hoping the refund of my final 3 months doesn't take long.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Eir Sport 2 broadcasting with its own DOG tonight, though still airing Premier Sports 1 programmes until 6am when they become separate channels. Presumably the technical changes needed for the split have now occurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

icdg wrote: »
    Eir Sport 2 broadcasting with its own DOG tonight, though still airing Premier Sports 1 programmes until 6am when they become separate channels. Presumably the technical changes needed for the split have now occurred.

I have just noticed that Premier 1HD which was available on other channels has been removed.

Does anyone know what the new channel numbers will be from tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,163 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Can anyone tell me how much extra will BT sports etc cost?

I currently have the Sky Sports, multi room and HD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

energy1942 wrote: »
    I have just noticed that Premier 1HD which was available on other channels has been removed.

Does anyone know what the new channel numbers will be from tomorrow morning.

According to the “Sky Community” forum/
    Premier 1 - #412
    Premier 2 - #429
    FreeSports then has to move, but no announcement as to where - possibly #435 (or another poster suggested #422, where it is in the UK, but on consideration I don’t think it will be that because it would also require eir Sport 2 to move).

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

BT not cut off for me yet anyway.

Wonder will eir have an offer today to keep them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Just called Sky there. Sports extra will be live by lunchtime. Tenner a month for 6 months, then 20 quid for 6 months. No 4K/UHD available for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,049 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

The Nal wrote: »
    Just called Sky there. Sports extra will be live by lunchtime. Tenner a month for 6 months, then 20 quid for 6 months.

How much are you paying just for sky sports at the minute

• Advertisement

Just called Sky there. Sports extra will be live by lunchtime. Tenner a month for 6 months, then 20 quid for 6 months. No 4K/UHD available for the moment.

It’s now on the website, but I couldn’t seem to order online. EPG changes hadn’t occurred when I left home this morning, but ISTR there’s some systems reason they have to do them after 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

j1SKLgR.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Just Tenner a month for 6 months, then 20 quid for 6 months. No 4K/UHD available for the moment.

is it 20 thereafter or does it go up further?

Nothing on Sky’s small print on the website to suggest that it does unless you cancel Sky Sports.

yes thanks it is clearer now that they have the following:
    Sports Extra €10 a month for 6 months offer: Existing Sky Sports customers only. Sports Extra price after 6 months: €20 pm. €34 pm price applies if cancelling Sky Sports. Requires Sky TV on 12 month contract. HD compatible box required. Offer ends 27 September. Further terms apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

coffey87 wrote: »
    Now that Premier Sports are stand alone channels in Ireland, will the Premier Player be available to subscribe to here? Not sure if this has already been mentioned.

If you use a UK postal address, such as that of a family member, addresspal or parcel motel should work also if you're stuck you can sign up and access the UK version of premier player and it should work here at least until the UK leave the EU

There's a slight variation on the NI version in that some GAA rights aren't covered

No discussing circumventing regional restrictions please

• Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Riskymove wrote: »
    is it 20 thereafter or does it go up further?

Yeah as others have said, 20 quid, doesnt rise to 34. So Im getting it for 13 quid cheaper per month than I was with Eir. Never watched Eir sports anyway.

Yeah as others have said, 20 quid, doesnt rise to 34. So Im getting it for 13 quid cheaper per month than I was with Eir. Never watched Eir sports anyway.

I just looked to upgrade online and it is suggesting €34 after 12 months so is confusing at present

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Signed up.
    Was offered €10 per month but had to sign a 12 month contract on my sky package which meant I lose all my offers next February. SIgned up for €17 per month, no contract and can cancel anytime. A good mornings work I think. From Illegal streaming for a couple of years to now paying all the sport channels. You just cant beat proper quality even at a price. Praying now La Liga ends up on Sky/Premier/BT or there will be another sub required.

• Advertisement

€40 per month for the lot for 6 months and this doesnt reset your contract. Tempting but want to see will eir pull anything out of the bag.

And no, the price of eir Sport hasn’t been cut. The last traces of BT Sport were removed from the website this morning (though I notice eir Sport 2’s schedules on the website is still listing Premier Sports 1 programmes). However it looks like eir have launched a big advertising campaign built on the Rugby World Cup, though focused on getting Broadband subs.

bot43 wrote: »
    €40 per month for the lot for 6 months and this doesnt reset your contract. Tempting but want to see will eir pull anything out of the bag.

what do you expect them to pull ?

what do you expect them to pull ?

they are apparently trying to negotiate a deal to have BT as an add on

this would only be for Eir broadband customers I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Sky Sports & Sports Extra half price offer: New Sky Sports and Sports Extra customers only. Bundle price after 6 months: €60 pm. Standard pricing applies if cancelling one element of the bundle: Sky Sports: €40; Sports Extra €34. Requires Sky TV on 12 month contract. HD compatible box required. Set up fees (from €25) for new customers joining Sky TV. Offer ends September 27 2019. Further terms apply.

Sports Extra half price offer for Sky Sports customers: New Sports Extra customers only. Sports Extra price after 6 months: €20 pm. €34 pm price applies if cancelling Sky Sports. Requires Sky TV on 12 month contract. HD compatible box required. Offer ends 27 September. Further terms apply.

Sports Extra half price offer for non Sky Sports customers: New Sports Extra customers only. Sports Extra price after 6 months: €34 pm. Requires Sky TV on 12 month contract. HD compatible box required. Offer ends 27 September. Further terms apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

All the Eir Sport and BT channels are still coming through on my Sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Same here.

icdg wrote: »
    And no, the price of eir Sport hasn’t been cut. The last traces of BT Sport were removed from the website this morning (though I notice eir Sport 2’s schedules on the website is still listing Premier Sports 1 programmes). However it looks like eir have launched a big advertising campaign built on the Rugby World Cup, though focused on getting Broadband subs.

eir's line up for august consists of 3Airtricity League Matches
    Historically Rugby World Cup Matches for the build up to the RWC :D

can see them going bang

CZ 453 wrote: »

I suspect they may last a few days and be cut moments before the charity shield on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

CZ 453 wrote: »

Same here

Advertisement