Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Getting Sky Cinema/Sky Sports/Sky SPorts Extra all in for €50 per month for 6 months and no contract. Thats not bad in my book. Different story when I go home and tell herself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,021 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Getting Sky Cinema/Sky Sports/Sky SPorts Extra all in for €50 per month for 6 months and no contract. Thats not bad in my book. Different story when I go home and tell herself :D
    ... and that's your total monthly bill? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Butson

To be fair to Sky, once you sign up to Sky sports at half price i.e €20 per month, you never come off it
    So i would think once you sign up for Sports Extra at €30 per month for 6 months, you'll never go off that i.e pay higher

muffler wrote: »
    ... and that's your total monthly bill? :confused:

Jesus no. Thats Sky Sports/Cinema/SS Extra, Add another 55.50 on for my regular SKy Package, HD and multiroom with Sky Q. Its a hefty bill but Ive been streaming long enough I feel I cant compain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

CZ 453 wrote: »
    All the Eir Sport and BT channels are still coming through on my Sky box.

The BT channels are gone from the phone app. Free Sport added.

• Advertisement

Butson wrote: »
    To be fair to Sky, once you sign up to Sky sports at half price i.e €20 per month, you never come off it
    So i would think once you sign up for Sports Extra at €30 per month for 6 months, you'll never go off that i.e pay higher

Only reason I have SS myself is because I called up to cancel Sky Cinema and they gave me SS for €4 extra. I ve no real interest in EPL, Just F1, LOI, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga. 100% Ill get rid of SS after 6 months. I will probably pay the €34 for BT though tbh.

I hope Ive calculated all this right :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Can i cancel my broadband mid term now as the package has changed? BT was the only reason i signed up to EIR. I may as well go full package with sky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Can i cancel my broadband mid term now as the package has changed? BT was the only reason i signed up to EIR. I may as well go full package with sky
    "Channels are subject to change" will be in your contract somewhere so you are stuck unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Peter File wrote: »
    "Channels are subject to change" will be in your contract somewhere so you are stuck unfortunately.

Ah damn it, it was only renewed in March, not to mention the BB is crap

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

I have just noticed that Premier Sports 2 on other channels has stopped broadcasting & is saying HD channel coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

If you use a UK postal address, such as that of a family member, addresspal or parcel motel should work also if you're stuck you can sign up and access the UK version of premier player and it should work here at least until the UK leave the EU

There's a slight variation on the NI version in that some GAA rights aren't covered

GAA games for some reason aren't shown at all on the Premier Player in any part of the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

lertsnim wrote: »
    GAA games for some reason aren't shown on the Premier Player.

Just saw that, not such a big deal as it goes out on tg4 anyway... Strangely they also claim that content can only be watched in the UK, but under EU laws that shouldn't be the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It can definitely be watched if the subscriber is travelling to other EU countries.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

EPG changes now occurred - FreeSports to #435.

icdg wrote: »
    EPG changes now occurred - FreeSports to #435.

Just Activated Premier sports using the red button, received confirmation by email from Sky, it seems clear that Premier Sports 1 & Eir sports 2 are completely different channels, note. Recorded Pro 14 rugby matches Munster v Leinster repeats this afternoon, I see Boxnation still there for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DaveHD

I have just availed of the Sky Sports Extra package and here is my experience. I should add that I am a VIP member at the highest tier

The pricing or the interpretation of the pricing structure as stated on the Sky Ireland website is NOT as it quite seems to us, the punter, as I found out when I ordered.

1) The ACTUAL base price of the package is €34.00

2) If you have Sky Sports there is in fact a "bundle offer price at present" of €20.00 with a special offer of €10pm for the first six month then €20pm for the next six months THEN €34pm thereafter for the Sports Extra package

I found this out after trying to order online. I was shocked to say the least so I rang Sky

The Sales Rep. told me "Yes after the year the price is €34pm plus the €40pm for Sky Sports.

When I registered my dissatisfaction with this the reply was and I quote the "price is the price" followed by " in a year's time there will probably be another offer but at present it will rise to €34pm for the Sports Extra package.

I stated that if that was the case I would take it BUT I would definitely cancel after the year if that was the price all bar €6pm a doubling of the total Sports package

Does not seem such a bargain now.

I then logged in to my a Sky account and looked at their terms and conditions pertaining to the package as below from the website

"Sports Extra €10 a month for 6 months offer: Existing Sky Sports customers only. Sports Extra price after 6 months: €20 pm. €34 pm price applies if cancelling Sky Sports. Requires Sky TV on 12 month contract. HD compatible box required. Offer ends 27 September. Further terms apply. "

As you can see that this implies that the Sports Extra will be charged at €34 IF the Sky Sports page is cancelled

So I rang up again

This time the response after I launched into my dissatisfaction at the interpretation of the ongoing pricing of the package was " let me finish you have had your say" followed by and to my mind this is the kicker "We (Sky) are kind enough to to provide this reduction"
    Well what more could I say. So I reiterated my dissatisfaction at the opaque pricing structure and the fact that I the customer should be thankful that Sky are offering this reduction and that if there was no "bundle" pricing at the end of the period then I would cancel. I was then told that The Sports packages can be canceled at anytime within the year at no penalty save for what was "used" in the period prior to cancellation.

That was that then!

Then I received my email confirmation a which actually now confirms what the true pricing structure is

Sky Sports - Complete Pack €40.00

Sports Extra €34.00

In-Contract discount for 12 months (from 01/08/19 to 01/08/20) -€14.00

Sports Extra Subscription Discounted for 6 months (from 01/08/19 to 01/02/20) -€10.00

And then another rider

We also wanted to remind you that as part of these offers, you've agreed to a new minimum term for the products listed in the table below:

Subscription: Sky TV

New minimum term start date: 01/08/2019

New minimum term commitment: 12 months

And there you have it

Still no sign of BT SPORTS on Sky Go yet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It is a ridiculously convoluted pricing structure, but yeah that’s what it appears to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,163 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Where is BT sports HD btw?

I still have BT sports on 413, 414 & 417 (had them with Eir) but they seem to be SD at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

DaveHD wrote: »
    And there you have it

I imagine there will always be an offer but one that keeps you under contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Headshot wrote: »

I still have BT sports on 413, 414 & 417 (had them with Eir) but they seem to be SD at the moment

There don't appear to be any HD channels atm.

do you have a HD subscription with Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Try 867, 868 and 869

energy1942 wrote: »
    Still no sign of BT SPORTS on Sky Go yet.

the T&C says it could take up to a day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

I have just availed of the Sky Sports Extra package and here is my experience. I should add that I am a VIP member at the highest tier

The pricing or the interpretation of the pricing structure as stated on the Sky Ireland website is NOT as it quite seems to us, the punter, as I found out when I ordered.

1) The ACTUAL base price of the package is €34.00

2) If you have Sky Sports there is in fact a "bundle offer price at present" of €20.00 with a special offer of €10pm for the first six month then €20pm for the next six months THEN €34pm thereafter for the Sports Extra package

I found this out after trying to order online. I was shocked to say the least so I rang Sky

The Sales Rep. told me "Yes after the year the price is €34pm plus the €40pm for Sky Sports.

When I registered my dissatisfaction with this the reply was and I quote the "price is the price" followed by " in a year's time there will probably be another offer but at present it will rise to €34pm for the Sports Extra package.

I stated that if that was the case I would take it BUT I would definitely cancel after the year if that was the price all bar €6pm a doubling of the total Sports package

Does not seem such a bargain now.

I then logged in to my a Sky account and looked at their terms and conditions pertaining to the package as below from the website

"Sports Extra €10 a month for 6 months offer: Existing Sky Sports customers only. Sports Extra price after 6 months: €20 pm. €34 pm price applies if cancelling Sky Sports. Requires Sky TV on 12 month contract. HD compatible box required. Offer ends 27 September. Further terms apply. "

As you can see that this implies that the Sports Extra will be charged at €34 IF the Sky Sports page is cancelled

So I rang up again

This time the response after I launched into my dissatisfaction at the interpretation of the ongoing pricing of the package was " let me finish you have had your say" followed by and to my mind this is the kicker "We (Sky) are kind enough to to provide this reduction"
    Well what more could I say. So I reiterated my dissatisfaction at the opaque pricing structure and the fact that I the customer should be thankful that Sky are offering this reduction and that if there was no "bundle" pricing at the end of the period then I would cancel. I was then told that The Sports packages can be canceled at anytime within the year at no penalty save for what was "used" in the period prior to cancellation.

That was that then!

Then I received my email confirmation a which actually now confirms what the true pricing structure is

Sky Sports - Complete Pack €40.00

Sports Extra €34.00

In-Contract discount for 12 months (from 01/08/19 to 01/08/20) -€14.00

Sports Extra Subscription Discounted for 6 months (from 01/08/19 to 01/02/20) -€10.00

And then another rider

We also wanted to remind you that as part of these offers, you've agreed to a new minimum term for the products listed in the table below:

And there you have it

Good work. If that's the case I might possibly get rid of Sky altogether in a years time if that's the way they're going to price it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

And then another rider

And there you have it

They made that clear to me on the phone. We're basically getting a huge reduction on the BT package for 12 months and then we'll see.

Who knows, we could be paying Amazon this time 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The Nal wrote: »
    They made that clear to me on the phone. We're basically getting a huge reduction on the BT package for 12 months and then we'll see.

Who knows, we could be paying Amazon this time 12 months.

€34 is expensive for what you get, especially seeing as Eir were charging €30 for 2 more channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

€34 is expensive for what you get, especially seeing as Eir were charging €30 for 2 more channels.

I suppose yeah. Good tactic from Sky to try move people over though. Eir were charging me €32.49. They charge extra per box.

Over the 12 months I will have saved €209.88. Will review next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

You can be fairly sure that it be half price again in 12 months if you call up and cancel.
    I Haven’t paid more than half price for sky cinema in years as I call to cancel when each six month offer ends. Same with the few times I had the sports, offered half price again every time (sometimes might need to wait a few days for them to call back or offer appears on site again).
    Anyone paying full price is throwing away money.

Save some more money by contacting the sky reps on sky’s boards page and they will call you, saving you the cost of 0818 call!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Any update on the evision platform ? Has freesports come I and if so is it hd? Tks

Advertisement