Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Anyone got a response from Eir as to if they have BT Sports as an add on and if so how much are they charging for it?

Don't fancy been on hold to them for an hour and unless you ring at 8am they are nightmare to get through to!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

bugsyb4 wrote: »
    Anyone got a response from Eir as to if they have BT Sports as an add on and if so how much are they charging for it?

Don't fancy been on hold to them for an hour and unless you ring at 8am they are nightmare to get through to!

No, shambles from Eir. Customers leaving in droves and signing 12 month contracts with their competition but nowt from Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

rodge123 wrote: »
    Anyone paying full price is throwing away money.

These are the people Sky make their money from. The people who forget they're offers are expired and are paying full price for Cinema & Sports etc.

I haven't paid full price for the Sports package in years - they regularly have half price offers running.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Mr.Maroon wrote: »
    These are the people Sky make their money from. The people who forget they're offers are expired and are paying full price for Cinema & Sports etc.

I haven't paid full price for the Sports package in years - they regularly have half price offers running.

I am one of those"dopes". I rang and asked them can they do anything and they said no. So I need to say I am cancelling and let it ride and see what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Premier Sports now on Sky Ireland EPG

Premier Sports 1 HD Sky 412

Premier Sports 2 HD Sky 429

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭lertsnim

tbayers wrote: »
    I am one of those"dopes". I rang and asked them can they do anything and they said no. So I need to say I am cancelling and let it ride and see what happens?

Tell them you are cancelling as you have received a better offer from Virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

lertsnim wrote: »
    Tell them you are cancelling as you have received a better offer from Virgin.

Or just tell them you like the sports and cinema but don’t watch it enough to pay XX (full price), say you would “probably” keep it if was haf price. That’s what I say every time, sometimes they come back with half price offer on the call and I accept. Other times maybe they offer 30% and i refuse, they usually call back within a few days or weeks with half price offer. Stick to your guns and say you are only willing to pay half price.
    Login and check online offers, frequently half price offers there too.

I genuinely wouldn’t pay any more than half price for it, maybe they can sense that when taking to me on call!

rodge123 wrote: »
    Or just tell them you like the sports and cinema but don’t watch it enough to pay XX (full price), say you would “probably” keep it if was haf price. That’s what I say every time, sometimes they come back with half price offer on the call and I accept. Other times maybe they offer 30% and i refuse, they usually call back within a few days or weeks with half price offer. Stick to your guns and say you are only willing to pay half price.
    Login and check online offers, frequently half price offers there too.

I genuinely wouldn’t pay any more than half price for it, maybe they can sense that when taking to me on call!

Rang them and saved just under 30 euro. Have everything now for under 90. Thanks. Cancellation seems to be the magic word. Also didn't realise that Sky Entertainment pack you get History, Discovery etc. I was on original so updated that FOC. Thanks. And sorry for hijacking thread.

I have yet to get a communication form Eir saying I have lost BT Sport (have their broadband)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I didn't know this until now but BT Sport 4K UHD has been renamed to BT Sport Ultimate.

https://sport.bt.com/watch-now/programmes/bt-sport-ultimate-everything-you-need-to-know-S11364379497031

I didn't know this until now but BT Sport 4K UHD has been renamed to BT Sport Ultimate.

https://sport.bt.com/watch-now/programmes/bt-sport-ultimate-everything-you-need-to-know-S11364379497031

Doubt very much it will be available in Ireland, their 4k service isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 tommyc226

On my Eir vision box, have lost BT sports in SD but still have BT sports in HD?! Presumably that won't last too long.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

tbayers wrote: »
    Doubt very much it will be available in Ireland, their 4k service isn't.

It *is* their 4K service, with a new name. There’s some hope given in this press release that it may down the road come to Sky.

http://sport.bt.com/news/bt-sport-launches-new-ultimate-channel-as-early-kick-off-joins-new-look-saturday-live-programming-line-up-S11364381078124

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Will the BT HD channels switch back to their original channel numbers (413, 414 etc) when you sign up with Sky?
    It's a bit of pain having them at 867 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Added the Sports Extra but the channels still aren’t working on my Sky Q Mini box in the other room, even after a reset. I’ll give it another day since there could be issues moving over from the previous Eir pack, but it’s still not good enough tbh.

Also, I see that they are indeed pushing the price up to €34 after a year even with the original sports pack. Of course a deal will be gotten over the phone, but at that price point, they better give us 4K support on BT in time for the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

tommyc226 wrote: »
    On my Eir vision box, have lost BT sports in SD but still have BT sports in HD?! Presumably that won't last too long.
    What about freesports hd or sd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

kooga wrote: »
    What about freesports hd or sd

According to https://www.eir.ie/tv/channels/ 420 is SD and 432 is HD

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Roland27

coffey87 wrote: »
    Now that Premier Sports are stand alone channels in Ireland, will the Premier Player be available to subscribe to here? Not sure if this has already been mentioned.

I asked them this on Twitter and they said no. I don't understand why, TV subscribers in the UK get free access to it. Maybe its something to do with Pro14 rights in Ireland being split between them and Eir? It would've been an ideal solution to get access to PS and Serie A rather than having to join Sky.

They also said Premier Sports will be available on SkyGo.

I was also wondering will Premier Sports be accessible through NowTV Sky Sports Pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Roland27 wrote: »
    I asked them this on Twitter and they said no. I don't understand why, TV subscribers in the UK get free access to it. Maybe its something to do with Pro14 rights in Ireland being split between them and Eir? It would've been an ideal solution to get access to PS and Serie A rather than having to join Sky.

I was also wondering will Premier Sports be accessible through NowTV Sky Sports Pass?

The channels are on the Sky Q app now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

icdg wrote: »
    It *is* their 4K service, with a new name. There’s some hope given in this press release that it may down the road come to Sky.

http://sport.bt.com/news/bt-sport-launches-new-ultimate-channel-as-early-kick-off-joins-new-look-saturday-live-programming-line-up-S11364381078124

What they're saying is because their 4k isn't available here since this is just it under a different name it's not likely to be available here.

Roland27 wrote: »

I imagine the deal with sky probably includes the streaming rights?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

With BT Sport and Premier Sport leaving the eir package I now have to pay a fortune. Sky are just the worst, I truly despise them.

I have eir fibre broadband but can't get any other fibre broadband in my area, so I will have to pay Sky to watch channels that I had for free, on top of paying eir for my broadband.

It's an utter disrgrace that a monopoly like this is allowed to happen, how can one company be allowed to own the rights to all the sports channels? Can't help but think of Gift Grub's song "Sold it to Sky".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I have eir fibre broadband but can't get any other fibre broadband in my area, so I will have to pay Sky to watch channels that I had for free, on top of paying eir for my broadband.

You sure about that?

Fairly sure sky, Vodafone etc resell the eir fibre

Could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Roland27

Right, sorry if this has been asked before (silly question but getting frustrated!) – but is it possible to get the new Sky Sport Extra through either Virgin Media or Vodafone? I know they offer regular Sky Sport as an add-on, but Sport Extra? Or is a Sky subscription the only way to access it? (aside from NowTV)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

With BT Sport and Premier Sport leaving the eir package I now have to pay a fortune. Sky are just the worst, I truly despise them.

It's an utter disrgrace that a monopoly like this is allowed to happen, how can one company be allowed to own the rights to all the sports channels? Can't help but think of Gift Grub's song "Sold it to Sky".

Totally agree.
    Sky take BT's football and charge massive amount for it to new and existing customers.
    Anybody on Eir B/B now lose the "free" BT football and have to pay from €10 upwards for it on Sky.
    Sky get more paying customers, BT get more money and more PL matches,
    Eir lose out totally and after the RU World Cup, can see them in trouble as people cancel their Broadband service (if they can).
    Basically means Joe Public has no alternative to Sky now.
    Can't understand how the powers that be allowed it to happen.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

D14Rugby wrote: »
    What they're saying is because their 4k isn't available here since this is just it under a different name it's not likely to be available here.

It’s not available here because, at present, it’s not available on any platform other than BT Vision and Virgin Media UK. BT Vision isn’t available here and Virgin Media Ireland has their own issues with BT Sport in general (not the 4K channel in particular)It’s not the case that it is available to Sky customers in the UK - it isn’t - and there’s a particular issue about Ireland.

If it becomes available to Sky customers in the UK, I would expect it to become available to Sky customers in Ireland too.

icdg wrote: »
    It’s not available here because, at present, it’s not available on any platform other than BT Vision and Virgin Media UK. BT Vision isn’t available here and Virgin Media Ireland has their own issues with BT Sport in general (not the 4K channel in particular)It’s not the case that it is available to Sky customers in the UK - it isn’t - and there’s a particular issue about Ireland.

If it becomes available to Sky customers in the UK, I would expect it to become available to Sky customers in Ireland too.

I know... I was just explaining the other posters thinking since you seemd to completely miss it. Calm down.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    You sure about that?

Fairly sure sky, Vodafone etc resell the eir fibre

Could be wrong

You're probably right so, I know I can't get Virgin because they didn't install fibre on my street, I've already tried them. I didn't know Sky just resell eir, I assumed they needed their own fibre lines like Virgin, I'll give them a call tomorrow so, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

I doubt such an arrangement would get passed the regulator in the UK. Not here of course. Paddy gets screwed.

I've not signed up yet. The deal just seems to get worse by the day. First there was the lack of HD as standard with BT and now this crap of them expecting customers to pay a total of €72 on top of the basic package for all sports after 12 months. All that money and it's not even in fricking HD!
    It just makes me angry. I'm contemplating binning the entire thing, go down the streaming route or watch it in the pub down the road. So much money a month that could be going towards something else. Other than sport everything I watch would be covered by a Freeview dish.

I remember a year ago when all the talk of Eleven Sports and Amazon coming into the market was going to be a complete game changer and really screw Sky's operation. Now they seem more powerful than ever.

Acosta wrote: »
    I remember a year ago when all the talk of Eleven Sports and Amazon coming into the market was going to be a complete game changer and really screw Sky's operation. Now they seem more powerful than ever.

Yeah exactly, I had eleven sports until they lost Serie A & La Liga coverage and turned into a shambles. I remember thinking Sky will at least have to lower prices for Sports with all this competition.

It's happened a few times before, I remember when we had Setanta Sports and NASN before that. Ultimately Sky seem to beat off all competition and increase their market share each time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

Yeah exactly, I had eleven sports until they lost Serie A & La Liga coverage and turned into a shambles. I remember thinking Sky will at least have to lower prices for Sports with all this competition.

I was signed up too until they lost Serie A. If Eleven Sport had been more successful subscription wise and and kept hold of Serie A, it would make the decision to dump Sky altogether a lot easier.

Advertisement