Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Prices on evision-just as expensive
    https://www.eir.ie/tv/channels/

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

Great news, from August 8th you can purchase a BT Sport & Premier Sports add-on for only €9.99 per month for the first 6 months (€19.99 thereafter for SD) if you have a Sky Sports add-on with eir, with no impact on your contract term. For eir customers who do not have a Sky Sports add-on the price is €14.99 per month for 6 months (€33.99 thereafter). The add-on includes over 100 Premier League games, UEFA Champions League, Champions Cup Rugby and more. For HD add our HD Pack at €4.99 per month (pricing subject to change). Promotional Offer ends 31st August.

So for e20 for 6montgs or e38 you get BT HD- what you got last year for free. Mind blowing

I don’t think eir have much say in the price - looks like sky calling the shots as they obviously promised bt/ ps sheds load of subs money

In addition if you opt for hd it still doesn’t give you sky sports in hd

I’ve had evision for the last few years and the only reason I had it was that bt sport and eir sport came in hd as standard so it was worth the€15pm

The platform isn’t worth keeping anymore now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I must call eir and cancel my subscription, I still have BT but not in HD. Assuming it will be gone in the next day or so. Its amazing how they think still charging €30 a month for two channels is okay

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I must call eir and cancel my subscription, I still have BT but not in HD. Assuming it will be gone in the next day or so. Its amazing how they think still charging €30 a month for two channels is okay

Just checked to see if I still had the BT channels this morning, they are gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

I have eir broadband and just checked there and still have bt channels and eir sports which I was getting for free

Do I have to get onto eir and cancel these as I don’t want to be charged for these

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭mightyreds

catrat12 wrote: »
    I have eir broadband and just checked there and still have bt channels and eir sports which I was getting for free

Do I have to get onto eir and cancel these as I don’t want to be charged for these

Still have mine also I was getting free with eir broadband seems strange

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Yeah I am an eir broadband customer as well and BT sports is still working on sky for me. I thought it was suppposed to finish on 1st of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

mightyreds wrote: »
    Still have mine also I was getting free with eir broadband seems strange
    homah_7ft wrote: »
    Yeah I am an eir broadband customer as well and BT sports is still working on sky for me. I thought it was suppposed to finish on 1st of August.

They are merely taunting and teasing us!

Full sports package on Vodafone tv includes ss, bt and ps €45 first six months then €65

Or bt and ps on their own €35 in sd or €40 in hd

No details of eir sport price on Vodafone

Sport is gone pricey now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭lertsnim

kooga wrote: »
    Sport is gone pricey now

It's been too expensive for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

As someone said earlier it'll probably be gone by the time The Community Shield kicks off. If it still on for that then I don't know whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭galtee boy

lertsnim wrote: »
    kooga wrote: »
    Sport is gone pricey now

It's been too expensive for a long time.

It would be reasonably ok, if you didn't have to take a basic sub with it. I cant understand why Sky don't bite the bullet on it and introduce Sports package without the need for a basic sub as well, I reckon it would really take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

galtee boy wrote: »
    It would be reasonably ok, if you didn't have to take a basic sub with it. I cant understand why Sky don't bite the bullet on it and introduce Sports package without the need for a basic sub as well, I reckon it would really take off.

If priced reasonably yes I agree ..... might even consider it myself depending on price.

I will never sign up to a Sky 'general/basic' sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭swoofer

I'd keep quiet about these channels.

I checked on the uk and BT sport added to sky, with a discount, is £31.50 = €34.47 pm. For HD. So added to a UK package for sport its over £100 pm. That is getting close to a no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭mightyreds

eirman wrote: »
    They are merely taunting and teasing us!

I have a feeling bang on kickoff tomorrow in the community shield they'll go forcing a scramble then to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭swoofer

who really cares about community shield. I can tell you when they'll go but if we keep quiet they may forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

BT is gone for me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Roland27

I also still have all the BT channels (with Eir Vision), was wondering what was going on, though for a sec they might try charge me for them knowing Eir but I guess they will knock off soon like others.
    lowbatt07 wrote: »
    Great news, from August 8th you can purchase a BT Sport & Premier Sports add-on for only €9.99 per month for the first 6 months (€19.99 thereafter for SD) if you have a Sky Sports add-on with eir, with no impact on your contract term. For eir customers who do not have a Sky Sports add-on the price is €14.99 per month for 6 months (€33.99 thereafter). The add-on includes over 100 Premier League games, UEFA Champions League, Champions Cup Rugby and more. For HD add our HD Pack at €4.99 per month (pricing subject to change). Promotional Offer ends 31st August.

So for e20 for 6montgs or e38 you get BT HD- what you got last year for free. Mind blowing

This is interesting. They finally done a deal. It does seem very expensive, €38 a month just for sport channels add on (just to note its not quite the same as what you got last year for free as its adding the 2 full PS channels). Having said that, for someone like me who has everything in a bundle with Eir (TV, broadband, 2 mobiles) it may well be a good option rather than splitting with Sky just to get Premier Sports.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It kinda of leaves VM as the odd one out. If you want all the sport, and particularly club rugby, they are not the platform for you! On the other hand they do offer free Champions League if that is your main interest. It’s a pity because they do have the universally acknowledged (I think) superior Broadband. I can’t be the only one who has gone for the most expensive combo of Sky TV and VM Broadband because of this.

This isn’t really a change of course, since it was the same when BT & Premier were in the eir Sport pack, but perhaps more obvious now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭mike2084

icdg wrote: »
    It kinda of leaves VM as the odd one out. If you want all the sport, and particularly club rugby, they are not the platform for you! On the other hand they do offer free Champions League if that is your main interest. It’s a pity because they do have the universally acknowledged (I think) superior Broadband. I can’t be the only one who has gone for the most expensive combo of Sky TV and VM Broadband because of this.

This isn’t really a change of course, since it was the same when BT & Premier were in the eir Sport pack, but perhaps more obvious now.

I'd agree with you, pricey definitely but Virgin broadband together with Sky TV would be home entertainment heaven for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭lertsnim

galtee boy wrote: »

I'd definitely consider it myself. There is no way would I pay for their entertainment rubbish. Yes now tv exists but I'd much rather have them via satellite but as that's a market Sky don't care about then I am out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

mike2084 wrote: »
    I'd agree with you, pricey definitely but Virgin broadband together with Sky TV would be home entertainment heaven for me!!

Eir FTTH 1Gb/s with free eir sports and BT sports asking with SkyQ has been entertainment heaven for me for the last 18months.

I will probably switch broadband provider now after the Rugby WC as I don’t see much on eir sports that would make it worth keeping if I can get a cheaper broadband deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

mike2084 wrote: »

Sky TV & Sky 1Gb broadband for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Gone off the app.
    Still can get it on the eir box.

• Administrators Posts: 53,733 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

icdg wrote: »

I have the Sky TV and Virgin Combo.

Anyone who has Siro available to them can get better broadband than Virgin theoretically, and will pay much less for it, cause they can buy broadband from Sky then.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭boetstark

Community shield just been blocked on iptv. All other sports working perfectly. Looks like English football will only be viewed through official channels from today onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

boetstark wrote: »
    Community shield just been blocked on iptv.

I imagine it hasn't been blocked on all of them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭boetstark

I imagine it hasn't been blocked on all of them ;)

It's the ISP that are blocking the stream. Worked fine for a few minutes on bein sport then interrupted after a few minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭riddles

I have Eir 100mb broadband 67€ a month.

Called up sky got the premiere sports added 10€ a month for 6 months.
    That pushes sky up 115€ a month
    That’s movies HD premieres sports sky plus

172€ a month is just too expensive will swop for a single provider to get that down significantly- any recommendations.

Advertisement