Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

boetstark wrote: »
    Community shield just been blocked on iptv. All other sports working perfectly. Looks like English football will only be viewed through official channels from today onwards

works fine on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

We have Eir boradband which came free with BT Sports, Eir Sports, ESPN and Boxnation but obviously since 01 August 2019 we have lost BT Sports. We already have Sky but do not have sky sports package. We are thinking of cancelling eir broadband and landline. If we were to upgrade to sky sports and bt sports through Sky how much would that cost? Are any other channels included in that upgrade?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I had to close a thread on the blocking of illegal streams, please don’t derail this thread with that discussion - it’s off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Community shield just been blocked on iptv. All other sports working perfectly. Looks like English football will only be viewed through official channels from today onwards

You weren't blocked today, it's only the games that come under the umbrella of the premier league, the charity shield is just a friendly match. Also you would of had no access at all if the block was in place which would mean a blackout completely until football finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

It's the ISP that are blocking the stream. Worked fine for a few minutes on bein sport then interrupted after a few minutes

Not all of the ISPs were subject to that court order eg Pure telecom and meteor weren’t

And as an FYI a VPN shields everything from ISPs - that’s just a general statement in case mods are wondering

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Lowbatt07 and red bellied both banned for 48 hours for ignoring my warning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭riddles

beya2009 wrote: »
    We have Eir boradband which came free with BT Sports, Eir Sports, ESPN and Boxnation but obviously since 01 August 2019 we have lost BT Sports. We already have Sky but do not have sky sports package. We are thinking of cancelling eir broadband and landline. If we were to upgrade to sky sports and bt sports through Sky how much would that cost? Are any other channels included in that upgrade?

If you have sports already it’s 10€ extra for 6 months then 20€

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

riddles wrote: »
    If you have sports already it’s 10€ extra for 6 months then 20€

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have sports. I saw on sky site that to get sky sports and sports extra is €30 for first 6 months and then €60. That is very pricey. I couldn't justify paying that kind of amount for sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Both Riddles and beya2009 are correct in relation to the pricing for Sky Sports Extra. However there is something that everyone should be aware of.

This is a promotional/introductory offer as part of their half price sale and is only for the first 12 months once you either upgrade or sign up for Sky Sports. After that period Sky Sports Extra rises to €34pm making the cost of €74pm as a Sky Sports subscriber. If however as a Sky subscriber and just want to upgrade to Sports Extra it is €17pm for 6 months and €34pm thereafter.

The BT channels under Sky are in SD (standard definition) and if you wish to avail of HD then this costs more. Sky is quoting €8pm on their website for 30+ channels. You may need to contact Sky to see if the sports channels are covered, as they are not listed as part of the HD channel list on the website.

When these channels were part of the Eir Sport pack they were available in HD @ €29.99pm for Sky subscribers who did not have their broadband service or free to those who did. Pity they could not hold on to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Baseball72

beya2009 wrote: »
    I would recommend you stay with Eir broadbanb - just upgrade your sports package with Sky. Eir broadband cheaper than sky broadband and you still get Eir sports - albeit greatly diminished - for now at least. The above gives you better value and wider choice - that's what I did recently.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭boetstark

You weren't blocked today, it's only the games that come under the umbrella of the premier league, the charity shield is just a friendly match. Also you would of had no access at all if the block was in place which would mean a blackout completely until football finishes.
    So explain why exactly when live coverage finished on bt 1 and bein 10 picture resumed perfectly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭boetstark

Apologies mods, just saw warning re illegal streaming

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

Just thinking that the availability of BT sport on sky go may not occur until the Sky BT Sport deal comes into force in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

energy1942 wrote: »
    Just thinking that the availability of BT sport on sky go may not occur until the Sky BT Sport deal comes into force in the UK.

I can't believe the UK competition authority allowed this deal to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Do we know yet if bt sports package will be coming to now tv? After adding sports extra the sky bill is now €150, it’l be €174 in a year and honestly all I want from my tv package is to be able to watch all the football. If there was a legal way I could subscribe to only the sports channels I would be delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 12,049 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

blink44 wrote: »
    Do we know yet if bt sports package will be coming to now tv? After adding sports extra the sky bill is now €150, it’l be €174 in a year and honestly all I want from my tv package is to be able to watch all the football. If there was a legal way I could subscribe to only the sports channels I would be delighted

Mine will be 145 next month without sports extra which is for sky TV, sports, 2 boxes, phone and broadband. Must call them today because I'm not paying 40 a month for that sky sports package which gets worse by the year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Don't know why all the providers don't just offer their own streaming services. Continue to offer the channels over TV whatever way they want but keep the streaming rights and offer stand alone streaming options, especially the likes of bt and Premier sports who don't have TV service interests to keep going in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Don't know why all the providers don't just offer their own streaming services. Continue to offer the channels over TV whatever way they want but keep the streaming rights and offer stand alone streaming options, especially the likes of bt and Premier sports who don't have TV service interests to keep going in Ireland.

Cost of building/maintaining the service, when most people who are likely to sign up would prefer it on TV in the first place.

dulpit wrote: »
    Cost of building/maintaining the service, when most people who are likely to sign up would prefer it on TV in the first place.

They all have the service already in one form or another, just a question of adapting it for Ireland/adding a pay wall which isn't expensive to do in any form at all

• Registered Users Posts: 46,021 ✭✭✭✭muffler

blink44 wrote: »
    If its only sports you want I cant see why you're paying that price. At the moment the introductory offer for basic tv, sport and sport extra is 16 + 20 + 10 which is €46 a month.

After 12 months you're looking at 32 + 40 + 20 (some say 34) which is €92 or €106 depending on whether you stay on €20 for the sports extra or it goes up to €34. Even at that Sky will no doubt make another offer to keep you as a customer.

So those figures are a far cry from €150 and €174 you mention just to be able to watch football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

muffler wrote: »
    If its only sports you want I cant see why you're paying that price. At the moment the introductory offer for basic tv, sport and sport extra is 16 + 20 + 10 which is €46 a month.

After 12 months you're looking at 32 + 40 + 20 (some say 34) which is €92 or €106 depending on whether you stay on €20 for the sports extra or it goes up to €34. Even at that Sky will no doubt make another offer to keep you as a customer.

So those figures are a far cry from €150 and €174 you mention just to be able to watch football.

Maybe + broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

Just canceled Eir Sport and they are insisting that I have to give 30 days notice and another payment, even though I got no notice from them that they were turning off my BT Sport. Is there anything I can do to stop the CC payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

VANG1 wrote: »
    Just canceled Eir Sport and they are insisting that I have to give 30 days notice and another payment, even though I got no notice from them that they were turning off my BT Sport. Is there anything I can do to stop the CC payment?

Yeah just block the payment online with your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

still have the BT Channels on my eir evision box and have Freesports HD

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

VANG1 wrote: »

There was notice though? Email and/or post a few weeks back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

kooga wrote: »
    still have the BT Channels on my eir evision box and have Freesports HD

The BT channels stopped working on my Sky box yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭michealkc

j1SKLgR.png

How would I view in 4k/uhd?

michealkc wrote: »
    How would I view in 4k/uhd?

move to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I turned on my Skybox today ...... had not been on for some weeks.
    (eir sports pack only .... no sub)

I did not have the BT HD channels, but did have the standard BT channels.

I watched a couple of programs and then started messing about.

When on a BT HD channel it instructed me to Press Sky button and then Red ....... and of course when I did this it said something about a subscription or such.

After this I no longer had the BT channels of any resolution!

It all makes me wonder if I had not followed those instructions would the standard BT channels have remained available ? .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

I turned on my Skybox today ...... had not been on for some weeks.
    (eir sports pack only .... no sub)

I did not have the BT HD channels, but did have the standard BT channels.

I watched a couple of programs and then started messing about.

When on a BT HD channel it instructed me to Press Sky button and then Red ....... and of course when I did this it said something about a subscription or such.

After this I no longer had the BT channels of any resolution!

It all makes me wonder if I had not followed those instructions would the standard BT channels have remained available ? .......

Prob not - like yourself sky box had been off for a while as I was away - turned on sky box and as the bt sd channels had moved up the epg I pressed them and they were gone

Advertisement