Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

kooga wrote: »
    Prob not - like yourself sky box had been off for a while as I was away - turned on sky box and as the bt sd channels had moved up the epg I pressed them and they were gone

I watched those channels today, before pressing buttons Sky & Red .... you never got to view the channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭useless

Have had standard VM tv pack plus multiroom plus phone plus bb for years. Given the concern re the availability of UK football online this coming season, I decided I’d bite the bullet and shock, pay for it...

Rang VM after doing some homework here & elsewhere online. Offered me Sky Sports in HD for an additional €5 a month for 9 months & then €20 extra per month thereafter. Sounded good until you consider how much football is on BT.
    I thought they were very schneaky re BT Sports though- “we don’t have it at the moment but we’ll be getting it back...prices will be set after we get it back”. That could be next month or next year.
    At the moment Sky are roaring about BTS being exclusive to them - wonder would they license it to VM or if they’ll hang on to it for themselves?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It’s not exclusive to them. They are the distributor, but they’ve done wholesale deals with both Vodafone and eir. They haven’t with Virgin Media, but that’s apparently down to VM not wanting the channels on their platform.

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I can't believe the UK competition authority allowed this deal to go through.

Why would they block it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

looking at the Eir Sport tv listings - its pretty thread bare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

looking at the Eir Sport tv listings - its pretty thread bare

I went through a week of it before I cancelled. "bare" is being nice. Pathetic Id say.

Looking at today, across both channels, they're offering replays of last seasons Connaught pro 14 games, a triathlon from Wales, Kilkenny vs Tipp from 10 years ago and "Dick Warner's Fishing Odyssey".

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Slovan Bratislava vs. Dundalk is on live tonight.

It will look better during the RWC and when the Pro14 returns, to be fair.

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

icdg wrote: »
    It will look better during the RWC and when the Pro14 returns, to be fair.

Slightly, but not enough.

I want the Pro14 coverage, I watch it every week, but there's no hope in hell I'm paying 30 quid for it.

RWC is a temporary thing. I reckon post-RWC they'll have plenty of offers as they'll be begging for subscribers. The RWC is all over their marketing right now, it's the only thing they have to entice people, and even then ITV is showing them all and Sky customers can tune that in if I remember right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

They should really try a push the local sports angle. They've pro 14 and LOI which is plenty for me but they need to add that something extra for most others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭lertsnim

D14Rugby wrote: »
    They should really try a push the local sports angle. They've pro 14 and LOI which is plenty for me but they need to add that something extra for most others

As good as covering local sports would be it wouldn't generate sufficient subscribers especially at €30 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

Remember reading previously somewhere on the thread that some who had subscribed to Sky Sports Extra were having issues with the channel's not going onto both multi room sky boxes. Just wondering are people still having this issue?

No issue for me with multiroom, nor on Sky Q app (when connected to Sky Q box via LAN). Nor have I encountered the problem of HD swap reversing - HD swap remained enabled throughout. I have both HD and multiroom though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

still have the BT Channels on my eir evision box and have Freesports HD

so do I - never met anyone before who as eir TV :-)

so do I - never met anyone before who as eir TV :-)

fantastic !

although im out of contract next week and I don't know if ill keep the tv - when eir had the full bt suite of channels in HD it was well worth having evision for the extra €15 pm on top of landline and internet - I only ever used it to watch the sport.

just making a comparison with the uk prices for BT and Premier sports - as I was considering this set up in Belfast

even though the BT wholesale deal with sky in the uk was announced before the irish deal - BT Sports subs in the UK is still managed by BT

so the pricing is as follows

Premier sports is £11.99 pm plus an extra £1 pm for multiroom , the annual pass is £99 plus the extra for £1 for multi room - contact Premier sports

BT is £25 pm plus £6.50 HD plus £20 set up on a 12 month contract
    BT is £29 pm rolling contract plus HD plus £35 set up

No matter where you go or live its seriously expensive

Premier sport if you are not a sky subscriber and have a HD Sky box will send you out a card to your UK Address and this can be used to subscribe to BT sports - thus avoiding having to take out a sky sub - if you live in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Remember that BT Sport in UK is cheaper if you have BT broadband. I pay £18.50 a month including HD.

Remember that BT Sport in UK is cheaper if you have BT broadband.

Not really an option !

Remember that BT Sport in UK is cheaper if you have BT broadband. I pay £18.50 a month including HD.

I accept that but that's on top of your BB price.

I was just trying to see the standalone prices

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

I accept that but that's on top of your BB price.

I was just trying to see the standalone prices

Take your point. Interesting that HD price is no cheaper when you have BT broadband. I have had BT Sport since it began in 2013 due to having had BT Broadband for many years before. But for having BT broadband I don't honestly think I'd have got BT Sport and with them losing some sports recently I am considering dropping them altogether.

• Advertisement

Bt Sports gone from my eir evision platform this morning - today is the day that subs start on evision for BT and PS.

On another point as a Virgin Media Uk customer - BT in HD can be added for £18 pm and PS for £10 pm - there is no requirement to have SS in order to get a reduced monthly price. The price above is in addition to your basic Virgin media pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Roland27

Anyone else planning on taking up the option with Eir Vision to get the BT / PS add on? Still think its fairly expensive at €38-per-month but still my likely best option, I may get on to them to get a reduced price as my contract is expiring.

Premier Sports have released their upcoming live fixtures for Serie A, and its pretty impressive. 6 live games on each of the two opening weekends.

https://www.premiersports.com/football/serie-a-on-premier-sports.html

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Roland27 wrote: »
    Anyone else planning on taking up the option with Eir Vision to get the BT / PS add on? Still think its fairly expensive at €38-per-month but still my likely best option, I may get on to them to get a reduced price as my contract is expiring.

Premier Sports have released their upcoming live fixtures for Serie A, and its pretty impressive. 6 live games on each of the two opening weekends.

Do you mind me asking how do you get €38?

I am thinking of doing the same so I already have Sky Sports for €40 and then add on BT/Premier for another €10.

I have been getting Sky Sports for €1 for last 6 months but that discount up in Aug and been getting BT Sports free with Eir. So going to be adding on an extra €50 to my bill so was hoping I could wrangle half price Sky Sports or something out of them! Rang other day and no offers so far.

Roland27 wrote: »

if you sign up before end of the month on evision six months at €19.99 including HD

For eir customers who do not have a Sky Sports add-on the price is €14.99 per month for 6 months (€33.99 thereafter). For HD add our HD Pack at €4.99 per month. Promotional Offer ends 31st August.

Like yourself my contract is up next week with Eir currently paying €63.50 pm for TV, BB and unlimited UK/IRL mobiles.

signing up now would cover the first six rounds of the H CUP till end of January. cheapest option around

also should take one up as far as mid way through round of 16 in CL in February

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Roland27

Yeah that offers not bad. I was taking the full price when the promotions are over, i.e. €33.99 + €4.99 for HD (which should be free) = €38-per-month. Quite a lot for just a sport add-on (and not even main Sky Sports).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

if you sign up before end of the month on evision six months at €19.99 including HD

For eir customers who do not have a Sky Sports add-on the price is €14.99 per month for 6 months (€33.99 thereafter). For HD add our HD Pack at €4.99 per month. Promotional Offer ends 31st August.

Like yourself my contract is up next week with Eir currently paying €63.50 pm for TV, BB and unlimited UK/IRL mobiles.

signing up now would cover the first six rounds of the H CUP till end of January. cheapest option around

What is the new charge by eir for that service if you continue with them?

id imagine mid €90's

It'd be 123euro per month for everything excluding 6 month deals to add all the sports channels (60 for sky sports, Premier sports and bt sports packages)

D14Rugby wrote: »
    It'd be 123euro per month for everything excluding 6 month deals to add all the sports channels (60 for sky sports, Premier sports and bt sports packages)

i havent included sports in that price

• Advertisement

i havent included sports in that price

Well the person has already given the cost for everything without the sports

Edit misread, didn't see the "new" I'd say it's probably very similar

Advertisement