Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

If I’m recontracting with eir/ I wouldn’t expect to pay full price - hopefully get a similar discount to current one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

kooga wrote: »
    If I’m recontracting with eir/ I wouldn’t expect to pay full price - hopefully get a similar discount to current one

That will be my strategy tomorrow - currently with eir for the triple bundle of TV, broadband and landline, so hoping to haggle with them on enough of a discount that it would it would pay for BT and Premier -certainly a customer's marketplace at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

This is on the eir site
    BT Sport & Premier Sports add-on
    Great news, from August 8th you can purchase a BT Sport & Premier Sports add-on for only €9.99 per month for the first 6 months (€19.99 thereafter for SD) if you have a Sky Sports add-on with eir, with no impact on your contract term. For eir customers who do not have a Sky Sports add-on the price is €14.99 per month for 6 months (€33.99 thereafter). The add-on includes over 100 Premier League games, UEFA Champions League, Champions Cup Rugby and more. For HD add our HD Pack at €4.99 per month

So it looks like €40 p/m for BT in HD and you have to add the cost to the eir vision package.

So that looks like eir are ruled out in accessing the BT channels. Sky are also too expensive.

Now tv and BT seem to be holding off on showing content so I think I will hold off completely.

It is a shame that the BT app itself isn't made available here. I would happily pay €20 - €30 for it on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

This is on the eir site
    Great news, from August 8th you can purchase a BT Sport & Premier Sports add-on for only €9.99 per month for the first 6 months (€19.99 thereafter for SD) if you have a Sky Sports add-on with eir, with no impact on your contract term. For eir customers who do not have a Sky Sports add-on the price is €14.99 per month for 6 months (€33.99 thereafter). The add-on includes over 100 Premier League games, UEFA Champions League, Champions Cup Rugby and more. For HD add our HD Pack at €4.99 per month

So it looks like €40 p/m for BT in HD and you have to add the cost to the eir vision package.

So that looks like eir are ruled out in accessing the BT channels. Sky are also too expensive.

Now tv and BT seem to be holding off on showing content so I think I will hold off completely.

It is a shame that the BT app itself isn't made available here. I would happily pay €20 - €30 for it on its own.

Or even the Premier Player for La Liga and Serie A.

Or even the Premier Player for La Liga and Serie A.

I can see why it hasn't happened. Much more people will sign up when it is all together on the sky platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

That will be my strategy tomorrow - currently with eir for the triple bundle of TV, broadband and landline, so hoping to haggle with them on enough of a discount that it would it would pay for BT and Premier -certainly a customer's marketplace at the moment!

Best of luck - let us know how you get on - I can live with bt and ps in hd for €20 a month for six months - as it would take me to the end of feb - and there might be an offer to take me over the line to the end of May

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Can the BT add on mentioned above be purchased by people using the Eir sports app ?

The Sky sports extra pass will be coming to NOW TV by Late September, be interesting to see what the price will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Has anyone tried getting through to cancel Eir Sports in the last few days?

Seven calls I have made now and no luck in getting through

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

You can cancel your contract by going Online.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Currently on hold nearly 10min trying to cancel, tried yesterday no joy, live chat claim there’s no email contact and I know I’m already going to have an argument with them over 30 days notice when they didn’t contact me to let me know BT sport was disappearing.

Can’t cancel online as it’s the sky add on as opposed to a proper eir account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

blink44 wrote: »
    Currently on hold nearly 10min trying to cancel, tried yesterday no joy, live chat claim there’s no email contact and I know I’m already going to have an argument with them over 30 days notice when they didn’t contact me to let me know BT sport was disappearing.

Can’t cancel online as it’s the sky add on as opposed to a proper eir account

Email this with your detail to cancel. It’s what I always done when had the Eir sports add on with sky.
    Include your viewing car number in email

cs@eirsport.ie

rodge123 wrote: »
    Email this with your detail to cancel. It’s what I always done when had the Eir sports add on with sky.

cs@eirsport.ie

Thanks a mill for that, il email them now, I was genuinely starting to boil over with rage. They won’t answer their phone, no email address listed on website, boards page closed, live chat is down, even the complaints page on their website is “under maintenance”

Finally got through to cancel, was on the phone for 40 minutes, waiting 25 minutes to get through to someone

Job done, cancelled it

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Finally got through to cancel, was on the phone for 40 minutes, waiting 25 minutes to get through to someone

Job done, cancelled it

Were you an annual account or paying monthly? Also did they try to offer you sweeteners to try to keep you?

cunnijo wrote: »
    Were you an annual account or paying monthly? Also did they try to offer you sweeteners to try to keep you?

Annual account, ya they offered me a few deals, reduced monthly rate, the usual story,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

When you sign up for this Sports Extra pack does the month run from the date you activate the account or the calender month? As in if I do it today will my next month start on the 9th of September?

Job done, cancelled it

Are they expecting you to pay for the next month due to the whole 30 days cancellation thing?

Did other people with the eir add on for sky get any notification that BT was being removed or was it only to their proper customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭An Tarbh

rodge123 wrote: »

cs@eirsport.ie

Did you get a reply? I sent mine last month but heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

They tried to get me to pay for another month when I cancelled... Told them they were in breach of contract for not providing a service to which I was subscribed. I also Informed bank to stop any further DD to Eir / Setanta. Bank agreed that they are in Breach and can't enforce the extra payment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

An Tarbh wrote: »
    Did you get a reply? I sent mine last month but heard nothing.

Yes, every time within a day or two.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Acosta wrote: »
    When you sign up for this Sports Extra pack does the month run from the date you activate the account or the calender month? As in if I do it today will my next month start on the 9th of September?

It doesn’t change your billing date with Sky, what happens is that you get pro rata billed for the portion of the month between your sign up date and billing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭marco2068

has anyone tried getting them to do a deal on eir sports+bt sports+premier on sky? I had the eir sport pack on a yearly renewal watching on sky box with no sky sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

This is on the eir site

40 seems SUPER expensive since I paid 0 for it before....Plus I don’t think you can watch BT channels on EIR Sport App - anyone confirm???

40 seems SUPER expensive since I paid 0 for it before....Plus I don’t think you can watch BT channels on EIR Sport App - anyone confirm???

No, I was hoping I could download the bt sport app on its own but they only allow its use with their bt broadband subscribers, for extra £20 p/m I think.

I just hope it comes onto now tv but for people in rural areas that may not be an option either.

I really like now tv in that you can buy a 3 month pass and cancel straight away, so no worries afterwards about cancelling after the 2nd month is up. No ringing up stupid numbers looking for deals or to cancel.

Sky really need to offer that plus the ability to chromecast the sky go app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

No, I was hoping I could download the bt sport app on its own but they only allow its use with their bt broadband subscribers, for extra £20 p/m I think.

I just hope it comes onto now tv but for people in rural areas that may not be an option either.

I really like now tv in that you can buy a 3 month pass and cancel straight away, so no worries afterwards about cancelling after the 2nd month is up. No ringing up stupid numbers looking for deals or to cancel.

Sky really need to offer that plus the ability to chromecast the sky go app.

WOW!!!! So sounds like I might have to pay an extra 40 and not be able to view it on IPAD/Phone like I did before for free.....

Yeah I am hanging on for NOW TV - much handier and I’ve used it before a fair bit....

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

BT sport recordings I have made on my Sky box, cannot be accessed, I upgraded to sky sports extra, ON August 1st having been subscribed to Eir Sports, via Sky Viewing card, I was able to access the recordings after the changeover took place, but have noticed tonight that I can't anymore, I renewed my Eir sports on July 27th so that I will be able to watch the Pro 14.

Anyone have any Idea if I can have the recordings restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

energy1942 wrote: »
    BT sport recordings I have made on my Sky box, cannot be accessed, I upgraded to sky sports extra, ON August 1st having been subscribed to Eir Sports, via Sky Viewing card, I was able to access the recordings after the changeover took place, but have noticed tonight that I can't anymore, I renewed my Eir sports on July 27th so that I will be able to watch the Pro 14.

BT Sports programmes I recorded when it was part of Eir Sports still working on my Sky Q 2TB box and Sky Q Mini since I added Sky Sports extra on August 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

Do you have Sky HD? BT Sport was always HD as standard but now Sky are making everyone pay extra. If your BT sport channels are now only in SD that might have something to do with it maybe.

Not signed up yet as the games on offer premier league wise on BT/Premier were not very appetising and Bundesliga and Serie A not started yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭An Tarbh

I had the same problem, the recordings were working fine on August 1 but now they're not. Got onto Sky about it and they've said that any recordings before April 17 2019 will be lost, anything after that should be fine, which is the case for me, the recordings that I'd checked were from last year but I've ones from July 22/23 and they're working fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Had a nightmare of a time trying to cancel bt through eir. Was on the phone for over an hour on Friday, passed on by three different people, till eventually the call went dead. Went to an eir shop, was told I must have BT through sky as they had no records of me. Ended up blocking the direct debit through my bank but discovered they had already withdrawn next month's bill.
    Was this done to everyone, has everyone paid for a service that has been cancelled?

Advertisement