Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    Had a nightmare of a time trying to cancel bt through eir. Was on the phone for over an hour on Friday, passed on by three different people, till eventually the call went dead. Went to an eir shop, was told I must have BT through sky as they had no records of me. Ended up blocking the direct debit through my bank but discovered they had already withdrawn next month's bill.
    Was this done to everyone, has everyone paid for a service that has been cancelled?

What do you mean cancel bt through eir? Eir have only started charging for it the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tropple

I read the terms of my contract with eir, and it says they can change channels at any time. But it doesn't seem right that they tie you in to a contract based on a specific offering, and then withdraw it.

Has anybody been able to cancel within their contract based on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

D14Rugby wrote: »
    What do you mean cancel bt through eir? Eir have only started charging for it the past few days.
    How you mean, havn't eir lost the rights to BT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

I have the annual package with Eir and I see they are still offering this annual package to Sky customers on their website for an increased fee.

I have emailed them as I have lost my BT channels as of last week, first I noticed the HD was gone for the BT channels and then on Sat I noticed they were all gone except Eir Sports 1 & 2 in HD.

I have emailed to see why I can't have the BT channels as they are still offering this service on their website.

Has anyone else had any joy getting the BT channels back on the Annual subscription package?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

I have the annual package with Eir and I see they are still offering this annual package to Sky customers on their website for an increased fee.

I have emailed them as I have lost my BT channels as of last week, first I noticed the HD was gone for the BT channels and then on Sat I noticed they were all gone except Eir Sports 1 & 2 in HD.

I have emailed to see why I can't have the BT channels as they are still offering this service on their website.

Has anyone else had any joy getting the BT channels back on the Annual subscription package?
    What? They don't have the rights anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There seems to be some confusion in the last few posts.

Eir are no longer offering the BT Sport channels and Premier Sports content as part of the Eir Sport pack.

Eir Vision customers can, however, subscribe to a BT Sport and Premier Sports premium package, at relatively similar prices to the Sports Extra package on offer to Sky customers.

icdg wrote: »
    There seems to be some confusion in the last few posts.

Eir are no longer offering the BT Sport channels and Premier Sports content as part of the Eir Sport pack.

Eir Vision customers can, however, subscribe to a BT Sport and Premier Sports premium package, at relatively similar prices to the Sports Extra package on offer to Sky customers.

I'm nearly sure there was a section to input sky viewing card details when you click on the buy now option, I'm confused now, I will check again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm nearly sure there was a section to input sky viewing card details when you click on the buy now option, I'm confused now, I will check again

That's the annual subscription to Eir Sports pack, which is just Eir Sports 1 & 2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Hi folks anyone hear any update on when bt may be available on Sky Go

dulpit wrote: »
    That's the annual subscription to Eir Sports pack, which is just Eir Sports 1 & 2 now.

If that's true that is crazy money for 2 sports channels for a year :eek:

Anyone know what my chances are of a refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Up in Belfast for the last few days - rang premier sport and got a sky card sent out - paired it to my sky box and so up and running with premier sport for £99 for the year - I spoke to PS on the phone - the EPL games are just ROI only - can live with its omission as the main interest is the pro14 plus a few extra bits - very hard to see the value in eir sport at €29.99 pm v premier sport at £11.99 pm in terms of content as eir sport seem to be just showing classic gaa and Brisbane darts at the moment also what was the need to lump BT and PS together in the ROI makes it very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If that's true that is crazy money for 2 sports channels for a year :eek:

Anyone know what my chances are of a refund?

0% unless you are in your cooling off period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

I’ll probably switch to Sky as it seems relatively same price as EIR now and can’t get Sky Sports in HD on EIR and can’t watch Sky or BT with EIR on IPAD...

dulpit wrote: »
    0% unless you are in your cooling off period.

That's just madness, oh well might have to ring Sky now :mad:

How you mean, havn't eir lost the rights to BT?

No they've just started charging for it, but unless you've signed up for BT from Eir since the 8th of August there's no way eir are the ones you cancel your bt through.

No they've just started charging for it, but unless you've signed up for BT from Eir since the 8th of August there's no way eir are the ones you cancel your bt through.
    thanks for the reply. This is my exact problem with eir.. I signed up for bt with setanta years ago. Setanta went bust and eir took over the rights to BT, or took over setanta completely?
    As I said previously, the guys in the eir shop tried to convince me that my subscription was through sky but had no idea why eir would keep me on the line for over an hour, have me speak to 3 people, if eir didn't have my information within their system somewhere.

I'm a sky customer who had BT through setanta.
    Setanta went bust and eir took over the BT contract.
    If you were with eir you got BT free, if you were with sky you continued to pay for it.

That's how I see it in any how.😕

Setanta never went bust. They still exist, as a facilities and playout company, and either operate or licence their brand to several channels in Eastern Europe and Asia.

They sold their then Irish operations to eir in 2016. Since then Premier Sports, which is owned by the same people as Setanta and operated out of the same building, has re-entered the Irish market.

You could never have signed up specifically for BT via Setanta. You could only have signed up to the Setanta Sports Pack (which became the eir Sport Pack) which included BT Sport.

Setanta never went bust. They still exist, as a facilities and playout company, and either operate or licence their brand to several channels in Eastern Europe and Asia.

They sold their then Irish operations to eir in 2016. Since then Premier Sports, which is owned by the same people as Setanta and operated out of the same building, has re-entered the Irish market.

You could never have signed up specifically for BT via Setanta. You could only have signed up to the Setanta Sports Pack (which became the eir Sport Pack) which included BT Sport.
    It was a good few years back, I wasn't sure what id signed up for.
    All I remember is ordering it over the phone and paying it annually for a few years before switching to the monthly payment.
    From what you're saying am I right in thinking that once eir took the setanta sports pack over my account transferred to eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

It was a good few years back, I wasn't sure what id signed up for.
    All I remember is ordering it over the phone and paying it annually for a few years before switching to the monthly payment.
    From what you're saying am I right in thinking that once eir took the setanta sports pack over my account transferred to eir?
    Yes your Setanta account transferred to Eir

In December 2015, Eir purchased Setanta Sports Ireland Ltd.
    On 5 July 2016 Setanta Sports was rebranded Eir Sport.

BT Sports Channela are no longer part of the Eir Sport Pack from August 1st 2019

To watch BT Sports/Premier Sports channels on Sky Platform as in sky satellite you now need to subscribe to Sky Sports Extra directy with Sky in Rep of Ireland.

Eir Sports Pack with Eir is now Eir Sport 1 and Eir Sport 2

paulboland wrote: »
    Yes your Setanta account transferred to Eir

In December 2015, Eir purchased Setanta Sports Ireland Ltd.
    On 5 July 2016 Setanta Sports was rebranded Eir Sport.

BT Sports Channela are no longer part of the Eir Sport Pack from August 1st 2019

To watch BT Sports/Premier Sports channels on Sky Platform as in sky satellite you now need to subscribe to Sky Sports Extra directy with Sky in Rep of Ireland.

Eir Sports Pack with Eir is now Eir Sport 1 and Eir Sport 2
    Thanks so much, that is what id thought..
    Not sure whether you'd know or not, Eir cut off the BT package, yet charged me for this month.
    I could understand having to pay the months in advance had it been me who cancelled the package. But it was them who cut it off.
    I could ring them and enquire but I really can't face the idea of being on the phone for hours on end.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much, that is what id thought..
    Not sure whether you'd know or not, Eir cut off the BT package, yet charged me for this month.
    I could understand having to pay the months in advance had it been me who cancelled the package. But it was them who cut it off.
    I could ring them and enquire but I really can't face the idea of being on the phone for hours on end.

Eir didn't cut off "the bt package" the eir sports package changed to not include bt sports, huge difference.

You are still paying for eir Sport 1 & 2. If you don’t want those channels, you need to cancel with eir - their position is that the loss of the BT Sport channels and Premier Sports content does not affect your subscription.

The fact that you might only have wanted BT, doesn’t affect the fact that what you subscribed to was not a “BT Sport Pack”, but actually the “Setanta Sports Pack”/“eir Sport Pack” and that pack remains in existence, though reduced from 7 channels to 2 (three for Eir Broadband and eir Vision customers who get FreeSports too).

Eir didn't cut off "the bt package" the eir sports package changed to not include bt sports, huge difference.
    This is in no was helpful to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Almost a year after we heard they lost the BT Sports rights and two weeks after it went off their platform yet they're still charging 30 quid a month and they've increased their sign up fee by a tenner. Absolutely astonishing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

The Nal wrote: »
    Almost a year after we heard they lost the BT Sports rights and two weeks after it went off their platform yet they're still charging 30 quid a month and they've increased their sign up fee by a tenner. Absolutely astonishing stuff.

If you get Eir broadband, you get Eir Sports free.

You are still paying for eir Sport 1 & 2. If you don’t want those channels, you need to cancel with eir - their position is that the loss of the BT Sport channels and Premier Sports content does not affect your subscription.

The fact that you might only have wanted BT, doesn’t affect the fact that what you subscribed to was not a “BT Sport Pack”, but actually the “Setanta Sports Pack”/“eir Sport Pack” and that pack remains in existence, though reduced from 7 channels to 2 (three for Eir Broadband and eir Vision customers who get FreeSports too).
    Lads youse are getting bogged down in what the package is titled. It doesn't matter the title of the package.
    I didn't get the memo that eir would be losing BT, I didn't know what channels were going and which were staying. As I'm not an eir customer. i don't receive letters or emails from them to inform me of changes.
    I woke up the day of the Liverpool/man city game to see people going crazy as their BT was gone.
    Which lead me to see those people engage in conversations about the Eir/BT situation.
    I still had BT at this time so was wondering what my situation was, why I still had it.
    I knew nothing about which channels were being cut off.
    The next day I seen on one of the sky stands in the local shopping centre the deal they have for €10, for the channels eir were losing.
    I decided to cancel the package I had with whoever I had it with, not sure if it was even with eir, as they are not who I signed up with, and i still had it when people were saying there's was gone.
    I was looking to cancel a €30 a month contract, and change to a €10 a month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

energy1942 wrote: »
    If you get Eir broadband, you get Eir Sports free.

Currently on 260mb with Virgin. Eir can only get 100MB to my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,017 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Lads youse are getting bogged down in what the package is titled. It doesn't matter the title of the package.
    I didn't get the memo that eir would be losing BT, I didn't know what channels were going and which were staying. As I'm not an eir customer. i don't receive letters or emails from them to inform me of changes.
    I woke up the day of the Liverpool/man city game to see people going crazy as their BT was gone.
    Which lead me to see those people engage in conversations about the Eir/BT situation.
    I still had BT at this time so was wondering what my situation was, why I still had it.
    I knew nothing about which channels were being cut off.
    The next day I seen on one of the sky stands in the local shopping centre the deal they have for €10, for the channels eir were losing.
    I decided to cancel the package I had with whoever I had it with, not sure if it was even with eir, as they are not who I signed up with, and i still had it when people were saying there's was gone.
    I was looking to cancel a €30 a month contract, and change to a €10 a month contract.
    Everything is a lot clearer now :rolleyes:

This is in no was helpful to me.

It is because you clearly have no idea what your package is and you're trying to cancel something you don't have and you're getting upset about paying for something you do have

• Advertisement

It is because you clearly have no idea what your package is and you're trying to cancel something you don't have and you're getting upset about paying for something you do have
    I got upset because I was on the phone for hours without receiving any help.
    If eir were a competent company with competent employees this could have been sorted out in no time.
    I've no idea why you're being such a smart arse about it.

Advertisement