Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    I got upset because I was on the phone for hours without receiving any help.
    If eir were a competent company with competent employees this could have been sorted out in no time.
    I've no idea why you're being such a smart arse about it.

No matter how competent eirs employees are if you phone them up asking to cancel your bt contract they're not going to have a clue what your on about.

I'm not being a smart arse simply pointing out why Eir aren't the ones being difficult in this situation, it's you're lack of knowledge about what packages you have/had/want and who you have them with/want them from that's causing the problem. Eir have many flaws but this isn't on them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

D14Rugby wrote: »
    No matter how competent eirs employees are if you phone them up asking to cancel your bt contract they're not going to have a clue what your on about.

I'm not being a smart arse simply pointing out why Eir aren't the ones being difficult in this situation, it's you're lack of knowledge about what packages you have/had/want and who you have them with/want them from that's causing the problem. Eir have many flaws but this isn't on them
    You're not getting me, I didn't even get to the point where I could pass on my lack of knowledge as to what package i did or didn't have.
    As soon as I mentioned the word cancel I was shifted onto someone else.
    You are being a smart arse because you are assuming eir done everything possible to assist me when in fact they done absolutely nothing.
    All it would have taken was a request of my personal details. if I had got to speak to one person, would my personal details not be enough for us to at least start a dialogue?
    Name, address, telephone number, surely that would be enough?
    There are people out there who have eir or sky, elderly people for instance. Who wouldn't have a clue about what package they have. Are you telling me that's 'tough' on them? Its not eirs place to at least try and help them if they are unfortunate enough to have to ring them?
    Your suggesting that eir, or any company for that matter are under no obligation to assist you, if maybe you need assistance.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Hugh Crean,

People here are trying to help you by explaining why things are the way they are and you continue to refuse to acknowledge the issue and have now descended into personal attacks.

Take a warning and maybe this particular line of conversation should come to an end and we should get back on topic

icdg wrote: »
    Hugh Crean,

People here are trying to help you by explaining why things are the way they are and you continue to refuse to acknowledge the issue and have now descended into personal attacks.

Take a warning and maybe this particular line of conversation should come to an end and we should get back on topic
    Tbf a few people were very helpful and I thanked them.
    A few were also very offended by my venting about eir.
    You'll find my initial post was about a charge to my account.
    I also strongly deny making any personal attacks. I find that hugely offensive.

You may take that up via PM if you like, but your comments in relation to D14Rugby in the third line of the second paragraph in the post two posts above are there for everyone to see.

Please do not reply to this post on thread. If you do so, you will be banned for 48 hours for discussing moderation on thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

I also originally signed up to Setanta as it was then and it was known as "The BT Sport Pack" I got no notification of change of contract when Eir bought the rights.

As said previously I cancelled via eir and told them they were in breach of contract, informed my bank of same and cancelled Direct debit payments.

Eir havent a hope in hell of collecting their so called extra payment from me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Anyone know if as a Eir Broadband customer and a Sky tv customer you can sign up for the "BT Sport & Premier Sports add-on" with Eir to get the BT Sports channels activated back on your Sky viewing card?

Even though the Eir Sports channels arent great, I don't want to loose them (by switching fully to Sky) for the Rugby world cup and I think they have a few Alliance hurling league matches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Anyone know if as a Eir Broadband customer and a Sky tv customer you can sign up for the "BT Sport & Premier Sports add-on" with Eir to get the BT Sports channels activated back on your Sky viewing card?

Even though the Eir Sports channels arent great, I don't want to loose them (by switching fully to Sky) for the Rugby world cup and I think they have a few Alliance hurling league matches too.

RWC also on ITV that you can tune in on your Sky box. If you don’t need to record games and watch them back, then that should do you.

RTE have all Ireland games and all knockout games including the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭An Tarbh

For BT & Premier you can't get them from Eir on Sky, you have to subscribe direct to Sky and get the Sky Extra sports pack but you won't lose access to Eir Sport 1 & 2 as you still get them for no extra cost as an Eir broadband customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Eir now only sell subscriptions to BT Sport to Eir vision customers only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭swoofer

Yes you can 17 a month for 6 then 34 a month.

Ooops a little correction, to get it on your card you need to ring sky BUT if you had sky on one card and EIR on another now that will be interesting. You cant ring eir and ask them to update card, it has to be sky.

When you ring sky I hope you use the freephone number.

• Administrators Posts: 53,836 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Nal wrote: »
    Almost a year after we heard they lost the BT Sports rights and two weeks after it went off their platform yet they're still charging 30 quid a month and they've increased their sign up fee by a tenner. Absolutely astonishing stuff.

I expect they'll try maintain their price until the world cup is over, then they'll have no choice but to go hunting for customers by dropping the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Called Sky today to try and get a deal on Sky Sports, in order to make adding Sky Sports Extra somewhat tolerable. Had no luck - all they were willing to do was give me a new box and a small HD discount. Not sure if I was speaking to the wrong department though. I got put through to the Loyalty team - do I need to speak directly with Cancellations or what?

Any tips would be greatly appreciate because I really need to get the price down!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Called Sky today to try and get a deal on Sky Sports, in order to make adding Sky Sports Extra somewhat tolerable. Had no luck - all they were willing to do was give me a new box and a small HD discount. Not sure if I was speaking to the wrong department though. I got put through to the Loyalty team - do I need to speak directly with Cancellations or what?

Any tips would be greatly appreciate because I really need to get the price down!

Same department. You need to actually cancel the package imo. Cancel the sports with 31 days notice, then when it cancels down just ring them up and look for the new sign up offer the next day. For example, the current offer is half price sports for 6 months.

Thread split and renamed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Is Eir Sport 2 still a simulcast of Premier Sports 1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Is Eir Sport 2 still a simulcast of Premier Sports 1

No

Separate channels now

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭fman

Strange watching the build up to the Irish exclusive game on Premier today that they are including very UK specific ads.
    Wasn't sure they would sell Irish specific ads but thought there might be ads for stuff that would suit both markets.

Bards wrote: »
    I also originally signed up to Setanta as it was then and it was known as "The BT Sport Pack" I got no notification of change of contract when Eir bought the rights.

As said previously I cancelled via eir and told them they were in breach of contract, informed my bank of same and cancelled Direct debit payments.

Eir havent a hope in hell of collecting their so called extra payment from me
    Lucky you, they got it off me before I got chance to cancel the direct debit.
    Although some on here will defend eir to the death for some weird reason.
    It doesn't change the fact they are a horrible company to deal with.
    I'd advise anyone to stear clear of them.

fman wrote: »
    Strange watching the build up to the Irish exclusive game on Premier today that they are including very UK specific ads.
    Wasn't sure they would sell Irish specific ads but thought there might be ads for stuff that would suit both markets.

I noticed that last week - particularly prominent an advert for BT Broadband, which viewers of Premier Sports 3pms can’t order and potential customers won’t see.

Thought the coverage itself was very similar to Setanta’s old 3pm coverage, but no real surprise there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

I see virgin sport is going to be part of the eir sport package soon replacing eir sport 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ofcork wrote: »
    I see virgin sport is going to be part of the eir sport package soon replacing eir sport 2.
    Keep up at the rear please :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Sorry didn't see that do you know if you can get boxnation on sky again?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ofcork wrote: »
    Sorry didn't see that do you know if you can get boxnation on sky again?
    wouldnt be sure myself but others may know.

AFAIK you can only get it now in Ireland through standalone subscription. No idea why it didn’t carry over with the rest of the BT channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Sorry if this was already asked but I've gone back through about 10 pages but I haven't seen the answer to my question.

I subscribed to setanta sports a few years ago and the bt were part of the sport package on an old sky box and card that I had. When it changed to eir sports I got eir broadband and I didn't have to pay the subscription anymore. The bt channels are gone for the last few weeks so I rang eir sport and they told me that if I rang sky they would let me subscribe to the bt/Premier sports channels again.

I rang sky and the fella was trying to sell me a full new sky package with a new dish/box etc. I told him that I already had everything set up and I just wanted to subscribe to the bt/Premier channels. He said that it wasn't possible to do that.

He told me that it would be about €60 - 70 per month to subscribe to the sky channels and the bt/Premier channels. I don't want any of the sky stuff, I just want what I had before.

The woman I talked to in eir seemed to think that it was straight forward to subscribe to bt/Premier but yer man in sky said no way. Anyone knows what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

tapfit2004 wrote: »
    Sorry if this was already asked but I've gone back through about 10 pages but I haven't seen the answer to my question.

I subscribed to setanta sports a few years ago and the bt were part of the sport package on an old sky box and card that I had. When it changed to eir sports I got eir broadband and I didn't have to pay the subscription anymore. The bt channels are gone for the last few weeks so I rang eir sport and they told me that if I rang sky they would let me subscribe to the bt/Premier sports channels again.

I rang sky and the fella was trying to sell me a full new sky package with a new dish/box etc. I told him that I already had everything set up and I just wanted to subscribe to the bt/Premier channels. He said that it wasn't possible to do that.

He told me that it would be about €60 - 70 per month to subscribe to the sky channels and the bt/Premier channels. I don't want any of the sky stuff, I just want what I had before.

The woman I talked to in eir seemed to think that it was straight forward to subscribe to bt/Premier but yer man in sky said no way. Anyone knows what the story is?

You must subscribe to a basic sky package before being able to subscribe to the premium channels.

Sounds like Now TV might be the way to go for yourself as you can pay for just sports channels or whatever. However BT/Premier Sport isn't on it yet. Coming soon apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

tapfit2004 wrote: »

You cannot take the BT/Premier Extra pack on Sky without subscribing to their basic TV pack as well.

So the eir rep was incorrect and the Sky rep is correct here.

Without discounts / sign up offers, it'd be €37 for Sky entertainment and €34 for BT/Premier so €71. You would get this on offer for the moment, it'd be €33 for the first 6 months, then €66 from 6-12 months and then €71 past 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Acosta wrote: »
    You must subscribe to a basic sky package before being able to subscribe to the premium channels.

Sounds like Now TV might be the way to go for yourself as you can pay for just sports channels or whatever. However BT/Premier Sport isn't on it yet. Coming soon apparently.

You cannot take the BT/Premier Extra pack on Sky without subscribing to their basic TV pack as well.

So the eir rep was incorrect and the Sky rep is correct here.

Without discounts / sign up offers, it'd be €37 for Sky entertainment and €34 for BT/Premier so €71. You would get this on offer for the moment, it'd be €33 for the first 6 months, then €66 from 6-12 months and then €71 past 12 months.

Thanks for the quick replies. €71 a month for 5 or 6 sports channels and a load of crap channels (half of which are free anyway) is a joke. Is it the same in the North and the rest of Britain or can you subscribe to the individual channels on their own?

In most other countries that I have read about you can subscribe to just the channels that you want, no basic package required. If rte weren't on the sky box then most people wouldn't pay so much for the basic package because an aerial will get you rte HD in most places.

Its worse now than when sky had the monopoly on all the sports. They force you to pay €37 a month before you can subscribe to the channels you want. Surely that has to be against competition laws. If you live in a place with crap broadband and no cable TV then you don't have too much of a choice.

The local publican told me last week that he'll have to pay another €400 a month to get the bt channels that were included in his old package. He doesn't think he'll bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭kooga

With the return of the serie A - premier sports in the UK is offering for a limited time an annual pass for £49

I know it excludes PL but that’s great value compared to the Sub cost in the ROI

Advertisement