Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It is, but you’re only getting 2 channels for that, not six.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

kooga wrote: »
    With the return of the serie A - premier sports in the UK is offering for a limited time an annual pass for £49

I know it excludes PL but that’s great value compared to the Sub cost in the ROI

They were charging £10 p/m last year. I think it is £11 now. They must be struggling for subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭kooga

Subscribed for the £49 and I see eir sport 1 hd is now available- so three channels - based in Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Subscribed for the£49 and I see eir sport 1 hd is now available- do three channels - based in Belfast

Hi. Is that through a sky box and card or is it through a streaming app? If it is through a sky box did you already have the sky basic package? I'm just wondering if they'd let you subscribe to Premier sports without a basic package subscription to sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Subscribed for the £49 and I see eir sport 1 hd is now available- so three channels - based in Belfast

You can also add Eir Sports 2 HD manually but can't record from epg.

• Advertisement

tapfit2004 wrote: »
    Hi. Is that through a sky box and card or is it through a streaming app? If it is through a sky box did you already have the sky basic package? I'm just wondering if they'd let you subscribe to Premier sports without a basic package subscription to sky.

It’s on a sky box without a basic sub / but I’m based in NI and this option of no basic sky sub is not available in ROI

You can also add Eir Sports 2 HD manually but can't record from epg.

It will be gone off satellite very soon anyway.

I’m surprise the eir/Premier tie in continues in NI even after it finished in ROI on 1st August.

It’s on a sky box without a basic sub / but I’m based in NI and this option of no basic sky sub is not available in ROI

Do you know if it is the same in England?

Also wondered if you will get the gaa games that they do?

Did you ring them or subscribe online?

Sorry for the thousand questions. It seems strange to me that you can get a standalone subscription to Premier in the North but not down south. They'd definitely get more subscribers down here if they didn't force you to pay for the sky basic package first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Premier's main sport is the Pro14. They have the UK rights. Eir sport have the ROI rights.

I am not sure what would be on eir sport 1 that wouldn't already be covered by Premier's rights. Perhaps they need it because of games being broadcast at the same time.

Premier Sports may be available in the ROI through its player.

Don’t know about England

Yes on a Uk/ni sub the gaa games will be available

Premier player is not geo blocked in ROi and can be cast to your tv directly

Don’t know why both eir sport 1 and 2 are on a premier sport Uk sub

I’m curious to see what happens tomorrow for 3pm EPL

• Advertisement

Don’t know about England

Yes on a Uk/ni sub the gaa games will be available

Premier player is not geo blocked in ROi and can be cast to your tv directly

Don’t know why both eir sport 1 and 2 are on a premier sport Uk sub

I’m curious to see what happens tomorrow for 3pm EPL

The 3pm game will be interesting alright. Keep us updated. Thanks

icdg wrote: »
    It will be gone off satellite very soon anyway.

I’m surprise the eir/Premier tie in continues in NI even after it finished in ROI on 1st August.

True - at the moment it’s showing darts from nz which I’m surprised is not geo blocked given that they are on ITV 4 as well

The reason you can’t get a standalone Premier Sports sub in the south is that they have contracted all their sales/marketing to Sky (same as BT Sport).

As for why eir Sport is part of the Premier Sports pack in the North, it goes all the way back to the fact that Setanta always regarded NI as part of Setanta Ireland’s territory, not Setanta GB’s. So when Setanta GB went bust, Setanta Ireland continued to operate not only in ROI but NI as well, and that continued when Premier Sports came along. But eir Sport was only interested in ROI, and so when it took over Setanta Ireland all NI customers transferred to Premier Sports (but with eir Sport 1 still offered as a bonus Channel).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

The reason you can’t get a standalone Premier Sports sub in the south is that they have contracted all their sales/marketing to Sky (same as BT Sport).

As for why eir Sport is part of the Premier Sports pack in the North, it goes all the way back to the fact that Setanta always regarded NI as part of Setanta Ireland’s territory, not Setanta GB’s. So when Setanta GB went bust, Setanta Ireland continued to operate not only in ROI but NI as well, and that continued when Premier Sports came along. But eir Sport was only interested in ROI, and so when it took over Setanta Ireland all NI customers transferred to Premier Sports (but with eir Sport 1 still offered as a bonus Channel).

Thanks for clear explanation. Just wonder if Eir Sports coverage of RWC will be geo blocked in NI. I guess it will as Junior RW Championship was although Eir Sports coverage of Pro 14 isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Quick one Eir customer and want to get BT Sport/Premier add on.

I don't plan on getting until mid Sept as no soccer games on that I am bothered about until then.

Do you know if price I get this add on will still be 9.99 for 6 months? I have it in my head that they had pricing plan up to 31 August but can't find anything on their website to confirm this impossible to find any info on BT/Premier anywhere or else it is very well hidden!!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

bugsyb4 wrote: »

I don't plan on getting until mid Sept as no soccer games on that I am bothered about until then.

Do you know if price I get this add on will still be 9.99 for 6 months? I have it in my head that they had pricing plan up to 31 August but can't find anything on their website to confirm this impossible to find any info on BT/Premier anywhere or else it is very well hidden!!

The current half price sale Sky have running expires at the end of September.

It may be different on eir Vision, but it’s not clear on the website.

Originally I saw aug31st but can’t find it now / go to their home page scroll to bottom click on pricing then promotions - then number41 42 are the current offers

tapfit2004 wrote: »
    The 3pm game will be interesting alright. Keep us updated. Thanks

At the moment ps on the sky epg is showing at 2.30 this is premier sports but I scanned in ps on other channels and it is saying man utd v

See pics

Looking promising Irish ads - new merc for €39 k
    Alas / blank no game on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Roland27

I recall the 6 month special promotion offer was available until August 30th (i had wrote it down to get before then). Not sure why Eir have removed any notice about it, they're probably going to make that offer available anytime.

Eir have a half price bundle of sky sports , bt and premier sports €29.99 pm for 6 months (hd extra)

Eir have a half price bundle of sky sports , bt and premier sports € 29.99 pm for 6 months (hd extra)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,337 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Guys will we ever see the BT app over here?

Bit annoying that you subscript to BT through SKY and cant watch BT through an app on a mobile or laptop etc

Not likely, but we hopefully will be eventually able to get BT Sport on Sky Go. (One theory I have heard, and I emphasise that there is no proof that this really is the case, is that BT are waiting until Sky Go/Now TV can do 1080p before going on Sky’s streaming services, and even some suggestion that this is holding up the entire BT/Sky wholesale deal in the UK which is now dead late).

In the meantime, if you have Sky Q multiscreen, you can watch on a mobile or tablet connected to the same LAN as your Sky Q box, which is more than eir were allowing I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

In the meantime, if you have Sky Q multiscreen, you can watch on a mobile or tablet connected to the same LAN as your Sky Q box, which is more than eir were allowing I guess.

The BT channels were on the eir app when part of their sports pack...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

You could watch bt sports on the eir app anywhere in Ireland anyway, not 100% about outside Ireland think it depended on who owned the TV rights for what you wanted to watch where you were

Not if you were a Sky customer, no. The eir apps were (and still are) strictly for Eir Broadband, eir Vision and certain eir Mobile customers only.

Satellite customers (I repeat, paying the highest eir Sport subscription charge of any customers) only had the Setanta Go website, which only worked on Windows/MacOS machines. Even that never worked properly and went completely about a year or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Not if you were a Sky customer, no. The eir apps were (and still are) strictly for Eir Broadband, eir Vision and certain eir Mobile customers only.

Satellite customers (I repeat, paying the highest eir Sport subscription charge of any customers) only had the Setanta Go website, which only worked on Windows/MacOS machines. Even that never worked properly and went completely about a year or so ago.

That's not eir though that's still just what sky were allowing

• Advertisement

Of course it’s eir. Sky’s relationship with eir is solely for conditional access services and an EPG listing. They have no control over what out of home services eir choose to (or choose not to in this case) offer their satellite customers. If eir wanted to offer these customers access to the app Sky couldn’t stop them.

Advertisement