Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭fman

Cheers, just a relief it's not just me. I did record early tennis from the channel and that is playing so it worked up to some point this morning.
    867 for the SD version in case anyone is looking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

fman wrote: »
    Cheers, just a relief it's not just me. I did record early tennis from the channel and that is playing so it worked up to some point this morning.
    867 for the SD version in case anyone is looking in.

It was working at 11.30 when I tuned in - flicked back on at 12 and it was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭fman

Back now and briefly acknowledged by BT on commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Is the Pro 14 Geo blocked on Premier sports for irish customers? Eir are not showing many of the games this season

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

wadacrack wrote: »
    Is the Pro 14 Geo blocked on Premier sports for irish customers? Eir are not showing many of the games this season

Yes its blocked

Eir are showing more games on Eirsport2 but sky tv customers don't get it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

wadacrack wrote: »

Eir showed every game except Connacht’s (which was exclusively on TG4) in Round 1 - the non Irish games were on eir Sport 2 which is exclusive to eir customers but Leinster, Munster, and Ulster were all on eir Sport 1.

I didn’t catch Round 2 as I was away but Round 3, Cheetahs v Munster and Leinster v Edinburgh are both live on Friday night on eir Sport 1, Kings v Ulster live on Saturday afternoon on eir Sport 1, with Scarlets v Zebre live on eir Sport 2 at same time, with Glasgow v Cardiff live on eir Sport 2 at 7:30pm. Not live is Ospreys v Treviso or Dragons v Connacht but the latter is on TG4.

So I’m not sure where this “eir Sport are not showing many of the matches” is coming from, unless it’s a Connacht perspective and that is because TG4 are favouring Connacht for their coverage (they are based in Galway after all).

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

icdg wrote: »
    Eir showed every game except Connacht’s (which was exclusively on TG4) in Round 1 - the non Irish games were on eir Sport 2 which is exclusive to eir customers but Leinster, Munster, and Ulster were all on eir Sport 1.

I didn’t catch Round 2 as I was away but Round 3, Cheetahs v Munster and Leinster v Edinburgh are both live on Friday night on eir Sport 1, Kings v Ulster live on Saturday afternoon on eir Sport 1, with Scarlets v Zebre live on eir Sport 2 at same time, with Glasgow v Cardiff live on eir Sport 2 at 7:30pm. Not live is Ospreys v Treviso or Dragons v Connacht but the latter is on TG4.

So I’m not sure where this “eir Sport are not showing many of the matches” is coming from, unless it’s a Connacht perspective and that is because TG4 are favouring Connacht for their coverage (they are based in Galway after all).[/quote

When Eir Sports was sold to people like me in July, there major selling points where the Rugby World Cup & the Pro 14, no mention of losing Eir sports 2, at very least I would hoped that the games not shown on Eir sports1, would be shown in deferred coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

So I’m not sure where this “eir Sport are not showing many of the matches” is coming from, unless it’s a Connacht perspective and that is because TG4 are favouring Connacht for their coverage (they are based in Galway after all
    ).

Eir sport 2 is not available to sky customers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

So I’m not sure where this “eir Sport are not showing many of the matches” is coming from, unless it’s a Connacht perspective and that is because TG4 are favouring Connacht for their coverage (they are based in Galway after all).

the ulster game was not on live on saturday on eir

nor is the ospreys v Benetton game on this saturday on eir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

kooga wrote: »
    the ulster game was not on live on saturday on eir

The Ulster match was live on Saturday on Eir Sport 1 :confused:. I watched the second half of it!

• Advertisement

The Ulster match was live on Saturday on Eir Sport 1 :confused:. I watched the second half of it!

Apologies it was either the blues v Edinburgh game or zebra v Dragons as I had to watch it on premier

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

No TV coverage listed on any epg for Scarlets vs Zebre this Saturday yet Pro 14 website lists Premier Sports as showing it.
    Correction: now listed on Premier Sports Pro 14 fixtures page as being on Freesports.

It is on eir Sport 2 also.

On a weekend with 8 RWC games, five Pro14 fixtures, 3 NPC games, and 2 PRL Cup games available for Irish viewers to watch if they so choose, are there that many so stuck for rugby that Ospreys v Treviso is top of their viewing list? Glasgow v Cardiff is on at the same time, and while eir Sport 1 is available, I suspect the repeat of Ireland v Samoa would rate higher!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Why are Eir Sport 2 not showing Dragons vs Connacht live rather than on delayed showing?

It was the same in Round 1, I can only think that there is some clause in the sublicense giving TG4 exclusivity over some of their games.

So the scarlets v zebre game is eir sport 2 - this game is on freesports in the UK while freesports it’ll is showing ice hockey

La Liga TV has been added to Premier player

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

kooga wrote: »
    La Liga TV has been added to Premier player

Is this available in Ireland or do you need VPN?

The Premier Player is not available in Ireland and there is absolutely no discussion of how to circumvent regional restrictions

LaLiga TV will be available in Ireland, on the Sky platform at least, beginning in December and Premier Sports have previously announced that they won’t remove LaLiga content from Premier 1&2 until that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Now TV have finally launched their pack featuring these channels.

€17 a month for 3 months or €30 a month for these channels and sky sports channels for 3 months.

Costs about double after that.

• Advertisement

That’s quite good though considering that Sky Sports alone on Sky costs a minimum of €44 month on the introductory discount (with Sports Extra another €10 pm on its own introductory discount) - after the discounts are gone it’s a whopping €92 pm because, unlike on Now TV, you can’t take a sports package on Sky without taking the basic package first. Of course Now TV has no PVR functionality, which needs to be bourne in mind.

For those with Virgin it’s your only route to getting BT and Premier in some shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

€30 p/m isn't bad if you have all the sports. The great thing is you have mobility with it and can cast it away from home including abroad I presume. That gives one great value.

I hardly ever watch recorded sport so streaming is fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

€30 p/m isn't bad if you have all the sports. The great thing is you have mobility with it and can cast it away from home including abroad I presume. That gives one great value.

I hardly ever watch recorded sport so streaming is fine for me.

The offer is only for 3 months. Goes way up after that.

Will get it for the 3 months though especially as it covers Christmas period.

The offer is only for 3 months. Goes way up after that.

Will get it for the 3 months though especially as it covers Christmas period.

You always get another offer. I have never paid more than €20 p/m for sky sports on now tv.

The reality is nobody will be pay more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭themusicman

You always get another offer. I have never paid more than €20 p/m for sky sports on now tv.

The reality is nobody will be pay more than that.

Can i ask how do you access those offers from nowtv....is it by doing the cancel subscription process?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭leex

Can i ask how do you access those offers from nowtv....is it by doing the cancel subscription process?

Normally on their own website. Pigsback had offers in last few months also.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭themusicman

leex wrote: »
    Normally on their own website. Pigsback had offers in last few months also.

Thanks

Do i just cancel my existing pass and then apply for a new one?

Thanks

Do i just cancel my existing pass and then apply for a new one?

If you cancel the pass it will still be valid til its expiry date. When I got my last 3 month one I cancelled it straight away but it was still good til expiry.

I don't think you can get an offer if you have an existing pass. You can of course use a new email address.

For any NI Boardsies on the sky platform - BT sport is available via wowcher for £15pm on a 12 month contract. there is a £9.50 admin fee by wowcher are for first time connections there is a £20 fee.

Might be worth getting in before the Sky Sports BT Sport wholesale deal kicks starts in the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Quick question about Premier Sports, what will they be doing on St Stephens day regarding the Premier league rights they have? Amazon are showing every game (9)live in England.

Advertisement