Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

What happens if all events are cancelled can we cancel the service from sky, don’t feel like paying to see 0 live sports

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    What happens if all events are cancelled can we cancel the service from sky, don’t feel like paying to see 0 live sports

Surely they need an audience to satisfy sponsors too though?

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Stewball

ussjtrunks wrote: »

You can cancel the package anytime you want.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

You can downgrade any TV pack with 31 days notice. However if you signed on in the early days and got the half price deal you will have agreed to take at least the basic TV pack (not sports) for another twelve months.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,576 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I signed up to the Now TV Sports Extra pack a few weeks back until May or so. Looks like there won't be much sport on offer the way events are unfolding.

You reckon they'll offer a partial refund to customers or perhaps offer a replacement with one of their entertainment packs, or is it a case of writing it off as a loss?

• Advertisement

I signed up to the Now TV Sports Extra pack a few weeks back until May or so. Looks like there won't be much sport on offer the way events are unfolding.

You reckon they'll offer a partial refund to customers or perhaps offer a replacement with one of their entertainment packs, or is it a case of writing it off as a loss?

In the same boat meself, I usually sign up for last two months for the business end of the season, I reckon itll be a write off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

mikeym wrote: »

I expect that as the games are postponed they expect to show them when they return, so customers still get the same number of games for their sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

mikeym wrote: »

They might soften their cough a bit when their customers realise sport isn't coming back for probably month's and start to cancel in their droves. They might offer a reduced rate until the summer.
    Even if people were still getting paid, sports subscriptions are too expensive to keep when there's nothing on. Arguably too expensive when there is something on!

I've already cancelled my Sky Sports and BT/Premier Sports packages.

You have to give 31 days notice - you can always change your mind.

• Advertisement

Stewball wrote: »
    I've already cancelled my Sky Sports and BT/Premier Sports packages.

You have to give 31 days notice - you can always change your mind.

Must you do that over the phone or can it be done online?

Acosta wrote: »
    Must you do that over the phone or can it be done online?

I think you have to call them - that's what I did anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Great to see premier sport on Sky go. Hope the channel survives this current crisis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Got an email from Sky today stating I could pause the sports package with no 31 day notice period. This can only be done from the call centre atm, but will be available on the website from Friday.

"Under consumer law, you have the right to expect that goods you buy are of merchantable quality, fit for the purpose they were bought for and as described. A retailer can't try to limit this right in a sale."

Got rid of it all for now anyway. Sky Sports Extra had just gone up in price too. Surprised they didn't offer something like switching subscription to movies while this is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,015 ✭✭✭✭muffler

"Under consumer law, you have the right to expect that goods you buy are of merchantable quality, fit for the purpose they were bought for and as described. A retailer can't try to limit this right in a sale."
    Its actually a service so does not fit exactly with what you're describing.

If anyone feels aggrieved they should read up on the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 to see how they stand. There have been a couple of amendments to that Act so they need to be read also.

muffler wrote: »

If anyone feels aggrieved they should read up on the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 to see how they stand. There have been a couple of amendments to that Act so they need to be read also.

Good or service, you have paid for a product that hasnt transpired to what it was originally advertised as. If a concert was cancelled one would expect a full refund of ticket price. They know full well people dont order sky etc for their incredible documentaries. I contacted Nowtv ad they were quite happy to offer me a voucher code for when the premier league does recommence.

muffler wrote: »

Good or service, you have paid for a product that hasnt transpired to what it was originally advertised as. If a concert was cancelled one would expect a full refund of ticket price. They know full well people dont order sky etc for their incredible documentaries. I contacted Nowtv ad they were quite happy to offer me a voucher code for when the premier league does recommence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They know full well people dont order sky etc for their incredible documentaries.

There's no shortage of people who have Sky without sports channels.

Besides Sky are allowing customers to pause their sports subscriptions so I don't know what people are complaining about.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    There's no shortage of people who have Sky without sports channels.

Besides Sky are allowing customers to pause their sports subscriptions so I don't know what people are complaining about.

Hence the title of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Bt Sport will be showing Live Bundesliga Football this Saturday.

https://www.bt.com/sport/football/bundesliga/bundesliga-return-tv-fixtures-live-stream-coronavirus

I think I'll sign back up to the extra pack once the price doesn't go up before the weekend. Will hold off until then in case the Bundesliga change their mind.

Any port in a storm!

All Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 matches are on Bet365. Decided to hold off on getting BT back for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

I posted during the week in foreign sat so just remind

Games are fta on sky sports news de HD on Astra 19.2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

kooga wrote: »
    I posted during the week in foreign sat so just remind

Games are fta on sky sports news de HD on Astra 19.2

Face mask the new normal

Was 50/50 about getting the sports channels back, but there's a good deal for all Sky Sports/Sports Extra channels + La Liga TV for €30 a month for 6 months.

Was 50/50 about getting the sports channels back, but there's a good deal for all Sky Sports/Sports Extra channels + La Liga TV for €30 a month for 6 months.

Just signed up to it yesterday. The contract on the sports packages is only 31 days, so you're not tied in for the full 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,565 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is that a deal on Sky TV? Ideal if so

Advertisement