Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

Stewball wrote: »
    Just signed up to it yesterday. The contract on the sports packages is only 31 days, so you're not tied in for the full 6 months.

Think you're tied to Sky in general for 12 months when you sign up to any extras, but that could just be the basic package if you want to get rid of sports etc.

I was going to just make do with Now TV for the remainder of the season, but last time I checked it was actually a lot more expensive than the current offer for sports on Sky.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Is that a deal on Sky TV? Ideal if so

Yeah. Go to Sky.com and sign in. The thing is though, people that paused their sports package instead of getting rid of it will still be paying full whack, which is unfair really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Acosta wrote: »
    Think you're tied to Sky in general for 12 months when you sign up to any extras, but that could just be the basic package if you want to get rid of sports etc.

I was going to just make do with Now TV for the remainder of the season, but last time I checked it was actually a lot more expensive than the current offer for sports on Sky.

For this thinking of now TV, just be aware that La Liga TV is not included (Premier Sports 1 and 2 are)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,565 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'm seeing this offer for €40 a month rather than €30

All of a sudden it's not as attractive

GOstZm.jpg

I'm seeing this offer for €40 a month rather than €30

All of a sudden it's not as attractive

GOstZm.jpg

Indeed. Lucky me that I got it yesterday. And I only did it to watch what turned out to be a fairly bog standard La Liga match last night and the Coppa Italia later on.
    Thought I read somewhere that the deal was there until the end of the month. I guess not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

Saw the €30 offer yesterday and was just about to sign up for it today. Ridiculous. Not paying the extra €10 now.

Saw the €30 offer yesterday and was just about to sign up for it today. Ridiculous. Not paying the extra €10 now.

Yeh that €10 extra is fairly dire.

Funny really - Instead of them getting €180 over 6 months (and I’d have kept sports on), they get €0 now.

Considered just getting Sky Sports for €25 but not worth it.

Small bit worried - Half considering just the Sky Sports one maybe but can’t tell if it is €25 for 6 months (if I want it for that long) or if it’s that for 6 months and I still have a mandatory extra 6 months.

Small bit worried - Half considering just the Sky Sports one maybe but can’t tell if it is €25 for 6 months (if I want it for that long) or if it’s that for 6 months and I still have a mandatory extra 6 months.

As far as I can see you can cancel it anytime once you give 30 days notice, but you're tied to Sky(can be just a basic package) for a year when you subscribe to premium channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Spn744

Typical sky robbery. Was €30 for sky sports + BT/Premier sports last week, the day I was going to buy it’s now €40, sky rep just said prices are subject to change. Very annoying to change the price just before the season starts when people are signing up again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Any new leaks or hints about whether Virgin will ever strike a deal with Sky for wholesale BT Sports. I could understand why Eir never did a deal with Virgin when they had the rights to BT Sports but I assumed when Sky got the rights back to carry BT Sports in Ireland it'd go back to the way it was a few years ago with Virgin getting Sky Sports & BT Sports wholesale from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Have premier sports announced their premier league fixtures?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Have premier sports announced their premier league fixtures?

Announced yesterday

https://extra.ie/2020/06/15/sport/soccernews/irish-broadcaster-to-show-17-of-the-remaining-premier-league-games-live

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

No full list. It appears though that they will have the 3pms on a non-exclusive basis (which I think is a first for the Premier League), plus the BBC and Amazon games, plus some apparently random others non-exclusively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Good news that Premier Sports have confirmed they are showing the Amazon games here in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Sky Pick fixtures are U.K only. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Sky Pick fixtures are U.K only. :(

Sky pick in the Uk - sky one in Ireland or if you are not a sky subscriber and have a sky box the pick games can be tuned in other channels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Spn744 wrote: »
    Typical sky robbery. Was €30 for sky sports + BT/Premier sports last week, the day I was going to buy it’s now €40, sky rep just said prices are subject to change. Very annoying to change the price just before the season starts when people are signing up again :(

I notice the best I can get this for now is €50, 25 for SS and 25 for Extra

So basically to watch the Premier League Light (that's what I deem the fare we have been watching to be) is around 90-100 a month and that's only on one sky box in a household.

If they are not going to have fans in the stadium next season I won't even waste my time watching these matches. Computer generated matches would be better.

No fans means the competition is devalued dramatically and not the real thing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Stewball

Widescreen wrote: »
    I notice the best I can get this for now is €50, 25 for SS and 25 for Extra

There is still a €40 per month offer for Sports & Sports Extra on the website.

There is still a €40 per month offer for Sports & Sports Extra on the website.

Thanks, what bugs me is that you get that for six months and have to go to the trouble of ringing them again to stop the overall price going from €84 pm up to €117 pm, and that is to watch on one box! Ok Sky Go on your phone/tablet- big deal oh & no premier sport on that though😂 - I’ll put up with Sky signature! Sky should include one multi room connection free(not for a year, for good) I’d probably take sport then. Basically folks as if you needed reminding , sky are screwing us!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Premier Sports is on Sky Go, except for LaLigaTV.

icdg wrote: »
    Premier Sports is on Sky Go, except for LaLigaTV.

Thanks that must be a recent enough update I guess. That definately makes a difference to any decision I make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Widescreen wrote: »
    Thanks that must be a recent enough update I guess. That definately makes a difference to any decision I make.

Went on sky go on February this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Have the 3pm games for October been announced anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Brian017

wadacrack wrote: »

I don't think we'll be getting any 3pm KOs for the foreseeable. They seem to be moving to BT Sport Box Office under the new arrangement starting with Chelsea vs Southampton this Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

There is only 1 match at 3pm (Saturdays) for the reminder of October, but there's no confirmation on the Premier Sports website https://www.premiersports.com/tv-schedule It seems they are showing Serie A games instead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Brian017 wrote: »
    I don't think we'll be getting any 3pm KOs for the foreseeable. They seem to be moving to BT Sport Box Office under the new arrangement starting with Chelsea vs Southampton this Saturday

But they have a contract to show 3pm in Ireland this season so I'd imagine they will update

But they have a contract to show 3pm in Ireland this season so I'd imagine they will update

I wouldn’t hold your breath, no update on the Sky EPG I would say it will be box office instead for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Stewball

Spn744 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t hold your breath, no update on the Sky EPG I would say it will be box office instead for the future.

No way they can get away with that. PS will have a contract to show a certain amount of Saturday 3pm KOs this season.

The Premier League can't turn around to BT & Sky and tell them that Saturday midday KOs or Super Sunday games have to be on box office from now on.

• Advertisement

No way they can get away with that. PS will have a contract to show a certain amount of Saturday 3pm KOs this season.

The Premier League can't turn around to BT & Sky and tell them that Saturday midday KOs or Super Sunday games have to be on box office from now on.

I hope you’re right but the signs aren’t looking good with no updated epg or listing for premier sports website. Money talks and I think the 3pms will be on box office. Already have the option to buy epl box office events on my sky box for Irish price €16 so they wouldn’t do that if it was available on premier sports...

Advertisement