Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It has to be some sort of mistake with the conditional access request, Premier only have Irish rights and only broadcast in Ireland now anyway. Hopefully it gets sorted soon but this is where the lack of a social media presence for Premier really shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭fman

It's not a streaming only thing, it's an incompetence thing. They have been messing about since this via play thing and quite honestly don't seem to know what they are doing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,756 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Sky should be getting the blame. It's their Sky Sports Extra package.

It's more than likely premier's fault because well history. But yes we pay sky so if anyone is in contact it is sky's issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I watched on Sky Go for a minute or so and it came back on the TV, might work for others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭vid36

Its working on Sky Tv, Eureka.

Yes working now about 20 mins in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Probably a coincidence on my end, at least it's back anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Opening again

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Advertisement

Good news. But really, the deafening silence from Premier Sports in Ireland is awful. Total lack of communication on this issue, or any other issue for that matter. It happens too often on St Stephen’s Day, for that matter, it’s basically an annual occurrence now that something will go wrong.

Viaplay’s customer service are also fielding Qs and having to explain that they no longer have anything to do with the Irish operation which is fair enough but they took over social media channels which formerly served the U.K. and Ireland as a single service without any explanation for the ROI customer base that the two were being separated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

3pm games could be carnage

Maybe, though I suspect those who want to watch Palace v Fulham or Southampton v Brighton over either of the games selected for front channel coverage will be a minority. Still that’s not the point of course, they bought the rights and should be able to deliver the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭bennyl10

It’s really not.

that’s just how they market it. It’s BT sports and Premier(Via play)

sky have absolutely zero say on how these channels are broadcast

Viaplay have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Indeed, and probably best I rename the thread at this point to remove the Viaplay reference, it can still be discussed here but Premier and Viaplay have gone their separate ways and are now two completely separate entities (albeit ones which share a whole pile of rights that were bought when Premier were a U.K. and Ireland operation).

Red button/ match choice seems to be only showing and working on Prem 2 for those interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Commenter audio went on the Liverpool match for around 10 minutes during second half on Now TV. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

It came back with different commentators and now the original commentators are back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TonyK45

Viaply and Premier are not entirley different entities. They have different Limited Companies for legal reasons, and differnet broadcast licences - that's all - one for UK, and one for RoI. They didn't apply for a change of name for the Irish licence. But they are all Viaplay Sports and part of Viaplay Sports AB.

Here is an extract from theire website:-

"Viaplay is provided by:

a) Viaplay Group UK Limited, a company registered in the United Kingdom with company number 02228654, with registered address at Chiswick Green, 610 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 5RU, United Kingdom and VAT number GB579185684,

unless you purchased your subscription through Premier Media Broadcasting Limited, in which case Viaplay is provided by;

b) Viaplay Group Ireland Limited, incorporated in the Republic of Ireland, registered office at Broadcasting House, 3a Prince's Street South, Dublin 2, D02 A520, Republic of Ireland, with company number 620991 and VAT number 3529343KH.

Viaplay Group UK Limited, and Premier Media Broadcasting Limited are each hereafter referred to as the “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”. The Company is part of a group of companies in which Viaplay Group AB (publ), (Swedish corporate identification number 559124-6847), constitutes the parent company (the "Group")."

Ref.

1. https://viaplay.com/gb-en/terms

• Advertisement

Amateurs at Premier Sports. A back soon screen on instead of the Arsenal v West Ham game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

How is the live broadcast of Munster vs Leinster doing on Premier. Is that working well as expected?

I don’t think that’s true at all. I am pretty certain that Premier Ireland has been retained by the O’Rourke/Ryan Setanta organisation. The recent job adverts which referred to Premier Ireland, Premier Asia and W-Sport is enough evidence for me but if I needed more the attitude today of Viaplay CS to the queries they were getting is extra confirmation.

As well as expected, it’s just whistle to whistle. Had a picture freeze a few minute ago which could easily have been my satellite signal.

While I’ve been on the rugby, I believe we’ve rare studio coverage on the late FAPL games with Eoin McDevitt. Any reference to their technical difficulties at all?

Now, if someone had said this straight out when the takeover was announced, a lot of confusion might have been avoided. Not sure what all the need for mystery about it was and Premier and Viaplay can both share the blame on this one for being all mysterious about what was happening to the Irish operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Omar C

Its seems that the premier sport website is taken down...

https://pmbl-hosted.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/bridge-ps.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I reckon the Irish operation of Premier Sports is probably in bad shape financially.

Well, up until a month ago , there was no tangible separate “Irish operation” bar the 3pm games. All other costs were shared with the U.K. operation (which was entirely based in Ireland, incidentally). Premier Sports in Ireland didn’t even have a separate satellite transmission up until that separation happened a month ago - the conditional access system was used to block transmissions to the U.K. while Premier League coverage was on (and the reverse during GAA coverage broadcast only in the U.K.)

But how would you or anyone else know? It’s a privately held company that doesn’t have to publish accounts. The Premier League rights payments being probably the biggest cost solely attributable to the Irish operation. Presumably they had some way of attributing a share of the shared costs to the Irish operation. Now Viaplay is a PLC and maybe some of the detail of the divorce from Premier Sports will come out in its next annual report. Possibly.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭mike2084

Premier Sports appear to have picked up Irish rights to the FA Cup again this year going by the Sky EPG for next weekend, not updated on DigiGuide yet.

• Advertisement

unusual situation of Premier having Man Utd v Bournemouth tonight right opposite Arsenal v Newcastle on Sky. Presumably this is out of the Saturday 3pm package and to make up for less than 32 Saturdays because of the World Cup?

Advertisement