Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

with espn now no longer part of the digital select or digital max pack should there be a reduction in the price of those packs as the pre August 1st ESPN had EPL and Premiership Rugby which for many subscribers was sufficient.

Now minus that content Digital Select and Max are expensive especially for an MDS V Sky Basic Package customer who doesn't get the same number of channels as his UPC Cable Counterpart!

UPC V SKY

Digital Select €34.50 + Setanta €16 = €50.50 on UPC
    Sky €27 + setanta €19.99 = €46.99 on SKY

Digital Max €37.50 + Setanta €16 = €53.50 UPC
    Sky €35 + €19.99 = €54.99 SKY

OR

Saorview + SKY BOX as FTA + Setanta €19.99 a month!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Am I deluding myself into getting this?

The 2 months free makes it 13.33 over the 12 months and if I start paying by direct debit I'll shave another 3.75 off my current bill meaning I will end up paying 9.58 per month more on average.

:o

paulboland wrote: »
    You get more Premierships Games Setanta

In the UK/N Ireland you have to subscribe to Setanta separate from BT Sport

In the Rep Of Ireland using SKY or UPC
    you get both in the same package

In Rep of Ireland we get a better Deal than the UK do

BT Sport’s 38 Premier games
    Setanta’s 33 Premier League

In fact we get a better deal than both UK and NI

UK Subscribers

BT Sport/ESPN in the uk £12.99 a month, add in premier sports £9.99 =£22.98 with no Setanta Ireland

NI Subscribers

Bt sport/ESPN £12.99 + Setanta (Ireland and 1) £5.99 =£18.98

ROI all 5 channels on satellite €19.99

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

kooga wrote: »
    with espn now no longer part of the digital select or digital max pack should there be a reduction in the price of those packs as the pre August 1st ESPN had EPL and Premiership Rugby which for many subscribers was sufficient.

Now minus that content Digital Select and Max are expensive especially for an MDS V Sky Basic Package customer who doesn't get the same number of channels as his UPC Cable Counterpart!

UPC V SKY

Digital Select €34.50 + Setanta €16 = €50.50 on UPC
    Sky €27 + setanta €19.99 = €46.99 on SKY

Digital Max €37.50 + Setanta €16 = €53.50 UPC
    Sky €35 + €19.99 = €54.99 SKY

OR

Saorview + SKY BOX as FTA + Setanta €19.99 a month!!
    ... and with Sky Sports 1 only I think it should be about €40 p/m on sky.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Not liking this suggestion on UPC's website that there will be no more Premier League on Setanta Ireland. Perhaps that's the reason for the sudden change of plan regarding Setanta Sports 1, we'll have to wait and see I guess. I don't think having all 33 games on Setanta Sports 1 would be a runner if still shared with Premier Sports - the Rugby League World Cup and GAA later in the season would make this difficult to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

icdg wrote: »
    Not liking this suggestion on UPC's website that there will be no more Premier League on Setanta Ireland. Perhaps that's the reason for the sudden change of plan regarding Setanta Sports 1, we'll have to wait and see I guess. I don't think having all 33 games on Setanta Sports 1 would be a runner if still shared with Premier Sports - the Rugby League World Cup and GAA later in the season would make this difficult to do.

Notting changed there majority of Prem Games were on setanta Sport 1 before
    only very small amount was on Setanta Ireland

Its €16.99
    BT Sport’s 38 games

UPC Setanta PACK is €16.99
    that's looks cheaper to me

See my previous post you have to have basic package to avail of that price! so its basic package €xxx + €16.99 = €xxx

icdg wrote: »
    They probably just got confused with all the changes... but it does make sense for Setanta (on a purely economic basis) to keep the games off Setanta Ireland which is basically free on UPC (assuming SS1 and Premier Sports split again).... To be honest its exactly what I would have done if I was in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

I'm on max pack on UPC

Last season
    Setanta Ireland + ESPN
    FREE - 39 Premier League Games

This season
    Setanta Ireland
    FREE - 0 Premier League Games

Now have to pay 16e a month but will get 32 more Premier League Games (39+32=71)

I'm trying to decide whether or not it is worth it. I have no interest in US Sports, Rugby etc.

I was hoping (and thought) that Setanta Ireland would continue to have half of the 33 games like previous seasons.

I'm on max pack on UPC

Last season
    Setanta Ireland + ESPN

This season
    Setanta Ireland

Now have to pay 16e a month but will get 32 more Premier League Games (39+32=71)

I'm trying to decide whether or not it is worth it. I have no interest in US Sports, Rugby etc.

I was hoping (and thought) that Setanta Ireland would continue to have half of the 33 games like previous seasons.
    It might be just a bit of confusion on UPC's behalf as the amount of changes in packs are confusing to any man.... there might be still games on Setanta Ireland, we will just have to wait for Setanta to confirm/deny it.

• Advertisement

Notting changed there majority of Prem Games were on setanta Sport 1 before
    only very small amount was on Setanta Ireland

Its €16.99
    BT Sport’s 38 games

It was spilt half and half last season
    Setanta had 16 and Setanta 1 had 17

• Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭lertsnim

So it isn't free for all on UPC? Still have to sign up for the channels before getting the two free months? Have I got that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

irishfeen wrote: »
    Are they available in HD too on UPC?

On my epg bt sport 2 HD is there on ch 440 but I am not subscribed to HD
    Just says access denied

I wonder what we will be treated to at 6 on BT "Live from the BT Hub"

big dar wrote: »
    Just says access denied
    Maybe you have to have a UPC HD package for the channels to be available?? ..

I'm on max pack on UPC

Last season
    Setanta Ireland + ESPN

This season
    Setanta Ireland

Where you getting any discount or customer loyalty from UPC on Digital Max?

MY parents MDS customers on Digital Select (ESPN pre august 1st) €33.50 a month - €5 loyalty = €28.50.

Loss of ESPN going to drop down to Digital Value package at €27.50 a month - €5 loyalty = €22.50 a month and subscibe to setanta pack + €16 = €38.50 a month. Not bad, please note there is a €1 price reduction on mds over cable.

The channels they will lose they don't care all they watch is BBC and RTE plus sport!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

big dar wrote: »
    Just says access denied

UPC Setanta Pack
    for HD you need to be on the UPC HD Pack €5.99
    Setanta Pack Subscription
    BT Sport 1 HD
    BT Sport 2 HD
    Espn HD

Have the Horizon HD which come with HD as Standard
    Exclusive to UPC is Setanta Ireland HD no subscription needed to Setanta
    If you have the HD Pack from UPC Or Have the Horizon HD Box

Sky HD Box
    BT Sport 1 HD
    BT Sport 2 HD
    Espn HD

No need for HD Pack from Sky
    Sky Setanta Ireland is SD only

UPC if you don't subscribe to Setanta Pack
    You only get Setanta Ireland Channel

God I hope that massive "BT SPORT 1HD LIVE" DOG isn't a regular thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

irishfeen wrote: »
    Don't quote me on this but I think its €35 for the full package and €20 for SS1 or SS2.... So your talking about €40 P/M for most if not all PL games broadcast in Ireland including all sport on Setanta Ireland/1, BT 1/2, ESPN and Sky Sports 1.

No, if you want to get sport you have to get a basic entertainment package for €27 plus SS1 for €20 plus another €20 for Setanta. That makes €67. quiet costly.

closeline wrote: »
    No, if you want to get sport you have to get a basic entertainment package for €27 plus SS1 for €20 plus another €20 for Setanta. That makes €67. quiet costly.
    Ah yeah I was thinking that was taken for granted, its Sky Sports which is ridiculously expensive, can't really blame Setanta for that though.

• Advertisement

According to UPC on Twitter there will be no reduction to the Max Pack Price

kooga wrote: »
    Where you getting any discount or customer loyalty from UPC on Digital Max?

MY parents MDS customers on Digital Select (ESPN pre august 1st) €33.50 a month - €5 loyalty = €28.50.

Loss of ESPN going to drop down to Digital Value package at €27.50 a month - €5 loyalty = €22.50 a month and subscibe to setanta pack + €16 = €38.50 a month. Not bad, please note there is a €1 price reduction on mds over cable.

The channels they will lose they don't care all they watch is BBC and RTE plus sport!!

No don't have any loyalty discounts. Paying 91 a month for Complete Bundle 100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Value No Change

Value HD No Change

Select No Change

Select HD No Change

Select Extra Lose 2 Channels: ESPN, ESPN America

Select Extra HD Lose 4 Channels: ESPN, ESPN America, ESPN HD, ESPN America HD

Max Lose 3 Channels: ESPN, ESPN America, ESPN Classic

Max HD Lose 5 Channels: ESPN, ESPN America, ESPN Classic, ESPN HD, ESPN America HD

With this new partnership between BT/Setanta and both respectively having obtained say Europa League rights for both Ireland/UK, will there be an end to "this programme is not available" with say one match on BT 1 and another completely different one on say Setanta Ireland?... if that is the case it will mean we will get massively more games live then under the Setanta/ESPN era.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

This channel going to be free on sky digital like ESPN was last year?

No, 20e a month

No part of the "Setanta pack" as of today.... no Setanta, no ESPN/BT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered:

Setanta is €20 per month on Sky - does that include HD ? cannot find out from their website and all the BT logos are for SD channels

Infoanon wrote: »
    Apologies in advance if this has already been covered:

Setanta is €20 per month on Sky - does that include HD ? cannot find out from their website and all the BT logos are for SD channels
    Yeah includes the HD channels and you don't need have the sky HD pack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭clint123

Am I the only one that thinks its actually good value with UPC ? €16 and two months free . compared to sky €20 a month and no free months.

Of course IM not happy about having to pay , but its beyond upc and skys control that ESPN were bought over etc .but if i want to watch the games, I'll have to.

Advertisement