Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

irishfeen wrote: »
    With this new partnership between BT/Setanta and both respectively having obtained say Europa League rights for both Ireland/UK, will there be an end to "this programme is not available" with say one match on BT 1 and another completely different one on say Setanta Ireland?... if that is the case it will mean we will get massively more games live then under the Setanta/ESPN era.

No not necessarily, because (a) 3e have first pick and may pick a game BT Sport is showing and (b) if Setanta and BT are showing the same game, Setanta will still want you to watch that game on Setanta rather than BT in order to recoup the advertising revenue.

However you'd hope that Setanta wouldn't object to games neither it nor 3e is showing being shown in Ireland on BT Sport, particularly when they may only have one channel instead of two to show Europa League games on this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

clint123 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks its actually good value with UPC ? €16 and two months free . compared to sky €20 a month and no free months.

Of course IM not happy about having to pay , but its beyond upc and skys control that ESPN were bought over etc .but if i want to watch the games, I'll have to.
    HD extra on UPC and its €16.66 p/m (€199.99 annually) on sky if taken out on an annual basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

icdg wrote: »
    No not necessarily, because (a) 3e have first pick and may pick a game BT Sport is showing and (b) if Setanta and BT are showing the same game, Setanta will still want you to watch that game on Setanta rather than BT in order to recoup the advertising revenue.

However you'd hope that Setanta wouldn't object to games neither it nor 3e is showing being shown in Ireland on BT Sport, particularly when they may only have one channel instead of two to show Europa League games on this season.
    Is it for definite that BT/ESPN won't carry Irish advertisements?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

So if you have Sky and currently have the Setanta package, do you have to do anything to sign up, or does it just continue?

Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Infoanon

clint123 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks its actually good value with UPC ? €16 and two months free . compared to sky €20 a month and no free months.

On the face of it yes - but then to get UPC HD you add €5 a month (and €60 activation fee)

The Setanta €20 includes HD and there is 2 months free - the €200 deal for the year is ALSO available (it was gone temporaily)

One reason for the €16 fee on UPC maybe to attract EPL viewers with all EPL on SS1 now - Sky subscribers had to pay for S Ire and SS1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Infoanon

irishfeen wrote: »
    Is it for definite that BT/ESPN won't carry Irish advertisements?

It will probably come down to subscriber numbers - however Irish Opt advertisements are very profitable by all accounts - though claims of a 400% return may be exaggerated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

brophs wrote: »
    So if you have Sky and currently have the Setanta package, do you have to do anything to sign up, or does it just continue?

Ta.
    Setanta are and have sent out notice of channel new line up
    if you already subscribe to setanta you got the channels
    and don't need to do anything

paulboland wrote: »
    Setanta are and have sent out notice of channel new line up
    if you already subscribe to setanta you got the channels
    and don't need to do anything

Cheers.

Do you know when those were sent? I've not gotten one, I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

brophs wrote: »
    Cheers.

Do you know when those were sent? I've not gotten one, I don't think.
    By letter and by email
    Price is the same for subscription
    Most was sent by email
    They only have to send official letter if increasing the price and dropping services
    In this case your getting more channels than you have before
    so no need to send official letter
    I check your spam for email or do they have your email address

It says on the website also you don't need to do anything if your already a subscriber with Setanta on Sky
    They also were sending out today to past customers who email address they have a special offer 2 months €12.99 and then €19.99 after 2 months
    I missed it I subscribed yesterday pity I did not wait until today

paulboland wrote: »
    By letter and by email
    Price is the same for subscription
    Most was sent by email
    They only have to send official letter if increasing the price and dropping services
    In this case your getting more channels than you have before
    so no need to send official letter
    I check your spam for email or do they have your email address

It says on the website also you don't need to do anything if your already a subscriber with Setanta on Sky
    They also were sending out today to past customers who email address they have a special offer 2 months €12.99 and then €19.99 after 2 months
    I missed it I subscribed yesterday pity I did not wait until today

Fair enough. Thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hmm, so a drop to Digital Value, and moving the bill to D/D along with the 2 free months at the start means that the Setanta pack would work out at something like €7 a month extra for the football season on UPC. Can handle that I guess

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

I seem to have BT sports 1 and 2 but don't have any sports or Setanta sub...whats the crac? is it a free teaser??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TomLad15

I have BT sport 1 & 2 in HD at the moment how long is this going to last ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 imronburgundy

Free to everyone for first day only according to BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23527897

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Only on satellite though, us cable people don't get to join in the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,161 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I thought Niall Quinn was bad but bloody hell Hargreaves is awful. Im nearly falling a sleep listening to BT sports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Headshot wrote: »
    I thought Niall Quinn was bad but bloody hell Hargreaves is awful. Im nearly falling a sleep listening to BT sports

Completely agree re Hargreaves. It's the first time I've ever heard him speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Only on satellite though, us cable people don't get to join in the party.

Its free on cable, As in UPC too.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Its free on cable, As in UPC too.

Not on my box

Not on my box

Maybe restart it then.

I'm getting Bt 1 & 2, ESPN & Setanta Sports 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Not on my box

Same here I'm on the Horizon box

• Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭lertsnim

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Maybe restart it then.

I'm getting Bt 1 & 2, ESPN & Setanta Sports 1

Not getting it here either

lertsnim wrote: »
    Not getting it here either

Hmmmm...Weird, Watching Bayern V Man City Now myself

Just checked the horizon box downstairs and your right...NOTHING.

But it's coming through on my multiroom box upstairs. Cisco HD Box

??????

Anyone else see it on their multiroom box??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Not liking this suggestion on UPC's website that there will be no more Premier League on Setanta Ireland. Perhaps that's the reason for the sudden change of plan regarding Setanta Sports 1, we'll have to wait and see I guess. I don't think having all 33 games on Setanta Sports 1 would be a runner if still shared with Premier Sports - the Rugby League World Cup and GAA later in the season would make this difficult to do.

Well with UPC revealing their packages, that leaves Eircom. No announcement from them yet. Key question really is, will they show those 3pm Saturday games as they were doing up to May on Setanta via the Eircom Sportshub. Accoding to the reps over on the Eircom forum they aren't aware of any changes yet.

There is absolutely nothing live on Setanta Ireland for the next week or so

There is absolutely nothing live on Setanta Ireland for the next week or so

I should hope that they change the HD channel to be in line with Setanta Sports 1 then seeing as there will be fúck all on the irish channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

I'm a current sky customer and I don't have any sky sports channels apart from sky sports news and I'm getting BT sport without even subscribing? Will this change ie will it go to pay per view?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Brian017

James__10 wrote: »
    I'm a current sky customer and I don't have any sky sports channels apart from sky sports news and I'm getting BT sport without even subscribing? Will this change ie will it go to pay per view?

Its going to subscription in a hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Brian017 wrote: »
    Its going to subscription in a hour

What would be the cheapest way of subscribing?

Advertisement