Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭mike2084

irishfeen wrote: »
    icdg you have UPC don't you? ... There was some confusion about Setanta Sports 1 broadcasting, a poster suggested that during the weekend while it was blocked on satellite that Setanta Sports 1 was "definitely" showing rugby league on UPC ...ever come across that when the GAA games are on RTE Two.

I've spotted this. The Setanta 1 feed on UPC is not a simulcast of Premier Sports as on satellite it is it's own separate feed which still has the Setanta 1 DOG on shows programming during GAA games.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

paulboland wrote: »
    Setanta Ireland HD is a UPC exclusive
    That may change of course at a later stage but UPC have this as a deal with Setanta

We don't know that. Its only been speculated.
    mike2084 wrote: »
    I've spotted this. The Setanta 1 feed on UPC is not a simulcast of Premier Sports as on satellite it is it's own separate feed which still has the Setanta 1 DOG on shows programming during GAA games.

Ah that's interesting, I hadn't known that it was still a separate service on UPC. That explains the lack of a rebrand. I do have UPC indeed but only have Setanta Ireland not Setanta Sports 1. Presumably the schedule remains the same as Premier Sports aside from these programmes anyway. Setanta Sports 1's reach should increase massively from this BT Sport deal as I was under the impression that the only people taking it on UPC before were commercial customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

paulboland wrote: »
    You can stream the matches with better picture quality over the internet then watch it on Setanta Ireland YOUR QUOTE
    your taking the piss
    Setanta Ireland HD from UPC Picture quality is extremely good if you have a good HD TV recent Panasonic plasma is best

I know you want a bit of fun every now and then we do all here online have a laugh
    but there no need to wind up a guy just doing his job
    that's for here if you want to make up stuff

Just curious what you work at and then someone calls you make up stuff to you at your job

If your not happy about something don't make up stuff about a service to try get something
    There noting wrong with a bit of banter between us here online and some of it is funny yes buts that's a step to far talking on a phone to a guy just doing his job
    I swear on a couple of occasions I have streamed (out of interest) matches which are on Setanta at the same time ... I had Setanta on sky not UPC so no HD channel ... the picture is terrible, that's exactly what I told him. I also asked would he take note of my issue and try and find out why they are not launching...

icdg wrote: »
    Ah that's interesting, I hadn't known that it was still a separate service on UPC. That explains the lack of a rebrand. I do have UPC indeed but only have Setanta Ireland not Setanta Sports 1. Presumably the schedule remains the same as Premier Sports aside from these programmes anyway. Setanta Sports 1's reach should increase massively from this BT Sport deal as I was under the impression that the only people taking it on UPC before were commercial customers.
    It is possible so that we could see the return a full Setanta Sports 1 channel sooner rather then later on satellite, surely this set-up is something Setanta will want to sort out soon to stop Premier in the UK basically going off air.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

As a loyal Setanta commercial subscription holder it was confirmed to me on Friday that Setanta HD will arrive on Sky by calendar year end.
    How accurate this is cannot be confirmed but his details are pretty accurate from all my dealing with my sales rep.

• Advertisement

As a loyal Setanta commercial subscription holder it was confirmed to me on Friday that Setanta HD will arrive on Sky by calendar year end.
    How accurate this is cannot be confirmed but his details are pretty accurate from all my dealing with my sales rep.
    I really really hope you are right, its badly needed and I would re-subscribe in a heartbeat if it did launch (as I have made clear to Setanta themselves)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭lertsnim

mike2084 wrote: »

Thankfully I'm not going mad and somebody else has seen it too :)

lertsnim wrote: »
    Thankfully I'm not going mad and somebody else has seen it too :)
    lertsnim I couldn't remember who said it on here I didn't give ya the credit you deserve for noticing it. :)

One final twist in the BT Sport tale on UPC, according to posts in the Talk to UPC forum, anyone who was still subscribed to ESPN as a premium channel under the original pricing arrangements (Digital Value customers only) is being switched automatically to the Setanta pack. Quite why anyone would have kept that package when it was cheaper just to upgrade to Select I don't know, but there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

With Setanta's position to satellite and UPC carriage sorted out, that still leaves Eircom's situation unclear. On Eircom's Sportshub website the following message appears if you are not a subscriber. Seems to indicate they will be showing the Saturday 3pm games for now.

266072.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

I posted this soon after the fixtures came out ... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85481588&postcount=369 ... it might be what your looking for.

Update on this mate:

Week 2 Saturday 3pm is Everton v West Bromwich

Week 3 Saturday 3pm is Cardiff v Everton

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

is there any way,,, any how,, any bleedin chance, of just getting EPSN on its own, without all that stupid football channels that come with it for 20 per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

Package wrote: »
    is there any way,,, any how,, any bleedin chance, of just getting EPSN on its own, without all that stupid football channels that come with it for 20 per month?
    No, it is part of the Setanta pack, and is only available by subscribing to theSetanta pack.

radiowaves wrote: »
    Update on this mate:

No bother mate, I will update it there now when I get a chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

energy1942 wrote: »
    No, it is part of the Setanta pack, and is only available by subscribing to theSetanta pack.

SAKE >:(

radiowaves wrote: »
    Update on this mate:

Updated there now with revised Setanta fixtures.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85481588&postcount=369

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Updated there now with revised Setanta fixtures.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85481588&postcount=369

Thanks 'irishfeen', well laid out and easy to read, perfect for a lazy git like me. Perhaps you'll do another one in the new year, or am I pushing my luck?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

How do people find the soccer coverage so far?

9959 wrote: »
    Thanks 'irishfeen', well laid out and easy to read, perfect for a lazy git like me. Perhaps you'll do another one in the new year, or am I pushing my luck?:)
    No bother, if ye all treat me well i'll do it in December when the fixtures are released ... (if i'm still around of course) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭lertsnim

closeline wrote: »

I have only seen the Emirates Cup so far and I didn't like the studio.

I also think they overuse that small window where they show something else. I'd rather they dropped that feature completely

Input from Mark Halsey the ex referee is pointless.

• Advertisement

closeline wrote: »
    Studio looks great but analysis is pathetically boring... Steve McManaman and David James are particularly bad... Ian Darke is exceptionally good though, up there with Hamilton and Tyler in my top 3.

lertsnim wrote: »
    I have only seen the Emirates Cup so far and I didn't like the studio.

I also think they overuse that small window where they show something else. I'd rather they dropped that feature completely

Input from Mark Halsey the ex referee is pointless.
    I was completely put off too at the start but its slightly growing on me... it might be something that will grown on us as it really hasn't been done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Studio looks great but analysis is pathetically boring... Steve McManaman and David James are particularly bad... Ian Darke is exceptionally good though, up there with Hamilton and Tyler in my top 3.

All of their pundits are brutal.
    Rio Ferdinand,Michael Owen,Owen Hargreaves,David James and Macca,not much insight with that lot.

There live coverage is very low brow although there was a good discussion show on last night ,Life's A Pitch which was quite insightful .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

ftakeith wrote: »
    http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/Channels-On-Demand/Pick-TV-17th-August-What-will-we-receive/m-p/10660#M1321

the last comment appears that sky confirmed pick tv freesat will have swansea v man utd free to air on august 17th 2013

Confusion re this now over it seems. Pick TV's schedule will be split for the day. Free footy on terrestrial DTT (Freeview) only. From a516 site:

http://www.a516digital.com/2013/08/sky-sports-freeview-day-17th-august.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Confusion re this now over it seems. Pick TV's schedule will be split for the day. Free footy on terrestrial DTT (Freeview) only. From a516 site:

They're making a big song and dance over showing a Championship game and Utd. v Swansea.

Soccer AM and Soccer Saturday are already FTA (I'm pretty sure).

Can't believe the way they talk about it like it's something epic.

Soccer AM is not free to air and never has been, it's on basic tier Sky One which isn't the same thing (you have to have at least the most basic subscription to watch).

Soccer Saturday used to be available free to air in the UK when Sky Sports News was on Freeview, but it's not any more. It has never been free to air on satellite and nothing is free on cable.

We always knew the Pick TV coverage would only be on Freeview, Sky were never going to be allowed transmit a Premier League game free to air across Europe and indeed if they were going to do so there'd have been no point in Sky Two also being involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

They're making a big song and dance over showing a Championship game and Utd. v Swansea.

Soccer AM and Soccer Saturday are already FTA (I'm pretty sure).

Can't believe the way they talk about it like it's something epic.

No finer a Championship game could they show!

Marching on together...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

Why was there ever confusion? Sky were very clear from the start...

http://corporate.sky.com/media/press_releases/2013/free_day_of_sky_sports_to_kick_off_biggest_ever_football_season
    To celebrate the first day of the Premier League season and Sky Sports’ new line up of football, programmes from Sky Sports 1 will replace the regular programming on Sky 2 (on Sky and other pay TV services) and Pick TV (on Freeview and You View) on Saturday 17th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭galtee boy

No finer a Championship game could they show!

Marching on together...

Agreed, White For Life !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Might explain why FTA scans of 28E shows both PICK TV as well as one labelled PICK TV FSAT (IIRC). FSat being the one for Freesat, other presumably to get encrpyted for the game? Or maybe it's just advertising optouts, like FSAT version to have more ads aimed at telling people to join Sky. Not watched either variant to notice much difference.

Advertisement