Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

byte wrote: »
    Might explain why FTA scans of 28E shows both PICK TV as well as one labelled PICK TV FSAT (IIRC). FSat being the one for Freesat, other presumably to get encrpyted for the game? Or maybe it's just advertising optouts, like FSAT version to have more ads aimed at telling people to join Sky. Not watched either variant to notice much difference.

Pick TV on satellite will have a totally different schedule for the duration of the football. The match will be on Sky 2 on satellite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

icdg wrote: »
    Looks like Aston Villa v Arsenal, Setanta's first 3pm of the season, will be on Setanta Sports 1 at any rate. There is horse racing and French football scheduled for Setanta Ireland at this time, and while Setanta 1 is listing "This is Setanta Sports 1" (normally the listing for when Premier Sports is showing programmes for which Setanta does not hold Irish rights), the 14:30 - 17:30 window is the exact time slot Premier League Live runs in.

That section, for whatever reason, is still showing this. However looking at the listings for Sunday morning August 18th, the full match is being shown, but this time on Setanta Ireland at 11am.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Yeah they've had a Sunday morning repeat of the 3pm KO (minus the analysis) for as long as they've had the rights.

Meanwhile with Paul Dempsey gone to BT, I wonder if they'll have a new presenter this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

That Setanta Sports 1 slot for next Saturday afternoon while continuing to show "programming resumes at 17.30" on Setanta's own online guide, has the Arsenal v Villa match listed now on the Sky RoI EPG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

Yeah they've had a Sunday morning repeat of the 3pm KO (minus the analysis) for as long as they've had the rights.

Meanwhile with Paul Dempsey gone to BT, I wonder if they'll have a new presenter this season?

Dempsey's a class act & a major loss to Setanta.... Wondering if BT will try & acquire some Boxing for him to chair?

Pat Bonner to make a comeback with Setanta I wonder??? :D

• Advertisement

I don't know if he's actually left Setanta, it may be that his BT contract allows him to continue to present on Setanta but I suspect with any sort of regular weekend work on BT it'd be difficult for him to continue.

Pat Bonner has been doing Ireland & Celtic games on Gilette Soccer Special of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I don't know if he's actually left Setanta, it may be that his BT contract allows him to continue to present on Setanta but I suspect with any sort of regular weekend work on BT it'd be difficult for him to continue.

Pat Bonner has been doing Ireland & Celtic games on Gilette Soccer Special of late.
    Paul Dempsey is on the Setanta radio ad that is running at the minute which would make me think he might still do the Setanta 3pm games... isn't it Jake Humphrey who will anchor the games on BT anyway? ... He might split his time between the two, its not like Dublin and London are far away anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Samson1

paulboland wrote: »

Its the fact UPC told customers noting is what's bad
    At least Sky let its customers know they would be loosing the ESPN channels and how they will be able to get them after 1st August

UPC did notting

Sky did NOT let their customers know - I had no communication from Sky on this. I am just after finding out now why ESPN is not working - from here first. AND was paying €12 a month to Sky for ESPN, and the 'next' bill for September is showing online with no reduction.

AND to add insult to injury, they have changed my old monthly bills on line to now show:
    "ESPN Subscription : €12
    ESPN Subscription deduction : -€12"

Yea - Sky were giving me free ESPN. Yea right!
    My bill went up €12 a month when I subscribed to ESPN - and has not gone down since.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,015 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Samson1 wrote: »
    Sky did NOT let their customers know - I had no communication from Sky on this. I am just after finding out now why ESPN is not working - from here first. AND was paying €12 a month to Sky for ESPN, and the 'next' bill for September is showing online with no reduction.

AND to add insult to injury, they have changed my old monthly bills on line to now show:

My bill went up €12 a month when I subscribed to ESPN - and has not gone down since.
    Were you subscribed to Sky Sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Hi all

How long should it take for Setanta to issue my card. It will be two weeks on Wednesday since i contacted them. In the interim to speed up the process (I thought) I ordered a freesat form sky card on friday got it today and popped into my box. I then ring setanta but because the card is not registered at my address they couldn't activate it so the wait goes on.

Anyway to FTA card is working and as mentioned previously in posts there are setanta cards out there working on non SKY platform boxes that being the case when my card does arrive I might pop into into my combo box which has a card slot.

So finally does anybody have the transponder fequencies or correct link for Setanta Ireland, SS1, ESPN HD and BT Sports 1 and 2 HD. Tks thats it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Sky did send letter to me and others and also by email if you had set up to receive email notification about product and services
    if you had set this to opt out of notifications from sky you would not have received any emails

Espn came free as part of sky sports package
    your bill always showed
    ESPN Subscription €12
    ESPN Subscription -€12
    meaning you were not charged for Espn and when espn from sky went your bill did not increase it remained the same depending on what package you were on

They also for past few months before August 1st
    anyone viewing there bill online had a notice as in message that espn channels will close after 31st July
    It made it clear you would no longer be subscribed to espn after 31st July and will not be billed

I don't get your question about your bill you were not been charged for espn you were getting €12.00 reduction in the first place

Example my package is €139 includes 3 multi room and HD Full package Movies/Sports
    I was subscribed to Espn been charged €12.00 and then my bill had subscription given as a credit of €12.00 meaning I was not paying for it and was free

Before Espn with sky sport package I was paying €151.00
    Espn subscription €12 given credit of €12 every month
    My bill was reduced to €139

My bill now is the same its still €139 not been charged anything extra

You only got Espn Free if you had full Sky Sports Package
    Did you not subscribe to the full sky sports package

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

So finally does anybody have the transponder fequencies or correct link for Setanta Ireland, SS1, ESPN HD and BT Sports 1 and 2 HD. Tks thats it
    Setanta Ireland + Setanta Sports 1 - 11681 V 27500
    BT Sport 1 HD /2HD & ESPN HD - 11585.00 H 29500

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Setanta Ireland + Setanta Sports 1 - 11681 V 27500
    BT Sport 1 HD /2HD & ESPN HD - 11585.00 H 29500

thank you Sir

Samson previous quote from yourself
    Had Sky Sports1 and ESPN, so added Sky Sports2 (+ 3 & 4) today - for a net extra cost of €3 a month. SS2 is €15 a month, but saving on cost of ESPN which was €12 - great deal
    You show here you were getting it free
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73520842

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Jesus Christ Paul, why do you keep repeating yourself ?

Setanta's second game of the season Everton v West Brom will be live on............Setanta 1

Does this pretty much confirm that Setanta Ireland will have no matches at all ?

Yes - correct & apologies. Was clarified as above by Sky today - I had been paying for ESPN prior to getting full Sky Sports package which it then came free with - & not adding ESPN after the full Sky Sports package as I thought.
    Net result, had ESPN, no longer do & still pay the same amount - not as good a deal as it was! Apologies to all & thanks for help.

Sky did send letter to me and others and also by email if you had set up to receive email notification about product and services
    if you had set this to opt out of notifications from sky you would not have received any emails ...

And just to clarify, I did not receive any letter re cancelling of ESPN & I never opted out of receiving emails, as I never did receive any emails from Sky.

Do you work for Sky or is this personal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I just had my annual phone call with UPC's Loyalty department to see what discounts I could get and the upshot is that I now have the Setanta package and my bill has only gone up by €4.23 a month.

There was no threat to quit and go to Sky or anything and the bloke seemed happy enough to knock off a few quid here and there for certain things. I asked about getting the Horizon thing but would have been an extra €20 or so a month which I couldn't justify. But in happy with what I got for the next 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Setanta's second game of the season Everton v West Brom will be live on............Setanta 1

Does this pretty much confirm that Setanta Ireland will have no matches at all ?

That means none of Setanta's PL games will be in HD :mad:

• Advertisement

Is Setanta HD a direct copy of Setanta Ireland?? ... I always thought it was a combination of both channels to broadcast native HD programs.

irishfeen wrote: »
    Is Setanta HD a direct copy of Setanta Ireland?? ... I always thought it was a combination of both channels to broadcast native HD programs.

Setanta Ireland HD
    is a HD version of Setanta Ireland
    Same programmes
    It's only available from UPC
    Was to be on sky platform but did not happen

Setanta have to do a deal with sky and so far not arranged anything yet

Setanta Sports 1 there is no HD version yet on any platform

Setanta Ireland HD
    is a HD version of Setanta Ireland
    Same programmes
    It's only available from UPC
    Was to be on sky platform but did not happen

Setanta have to do a deal with sky and so far not arranged anything yet

Setanta Sports 1 there is no HD version yet on any platform
    Learn something new everyday... Again its another thing Setanta do that doesnt make much sence..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Michael Owen is dreadful on BT... Proper sickening!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Infoanon

UPC where suggesting in their marketing that all EPL will be on Setanta Sports 1 - thus no HD and no 'free' live EPL football on any platform.

From Setantas point of view they have obviously done the maths and subscription only live EPL is the way to go for them.

Perhaps the highlights program will be on Setanta Ireland if they are successful in their bid.

There might have to be some in October/November during the Rugby League World Cup for which Premier Sports is the lead broadcaster and some games (including England v Ireland) will be Saturday afternoon fixtures.

There might have to be some in October/November during the Rugby League World Cup for which Premier Sports is the lead broadcaster and some games (including England v Ireland) will be Saturday afternoon fixtures.
    The Setanta 1 feed on UPC is not a simulcast of Premier Sports as on satellite it is it's own separate feed which still has the Setanta 1 DOG on shows programming during GAA games.

This would mean that Setanta 1 could continue to show PL games ???
    Or if people realy wanted to see RLWC would Setanta show it on Setanta Ireland ?

This would mean that Setanta 1 could continue to show PL games ???
    Or if people realy wanted to see RLWC would Setanta show it on Setanta Ireland ?

They could do that alright but at the price of stopping viewers on satellite from watching the 3pm KOs on those dates - including the vast majority of commercial customers who pay for the service principally for the Premier League.

It may be that by that stage Setanta Sports 1 on satellite will have reverted to a fully seperate service.

The other thing to note is that while rugby league has a very, very small support base in Ireland, there would possibly still be a bit of criticism if, having purchased the rights to Ireland's games, they showed them in the UK but not Ireland. Fortunately the only actual game taking place in Ireland, Ireland v Australia, is an 8:00pm KO. There would probably be a lot of consternation if they didn't at least show that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

And just to clarify, I did not receive any letter re cancelling of ESPN & I never opted out of receiving emails, as I never did receive any emails from Sky.

Do you work for Sky or is this personal?

You may not have received an email, but if you signed in to your Mysky Account, they had a note explaining that ESPN would cease on 31st July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Paul Dempsey was the voice of the 02 World Cup for me (probably because he was on that goals DVD I watched about 20 times), always great to have him on more now on BT Sport. Seems like he'll be the presenter for the Bundesliga, Jake for Premier League and not really sure for Ligue 1 (was James Richardson this week for the Marseille game) or Serie A. Definitely better than the old ESPN where it was just the commentators sitting around during half time trying to fill the gap!

Advertisement