Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,025 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ftakeith wrote: »
    you need to phone setanta to cancel
    No, you dont. You can cancel by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,025 ✭✭✭✭muffler

robwen wrote: »
    it says a minimum of one month’s written notice within 30 days

https://secure.setantasubs.com/terms-and-conditions
    I'll repeat what I posted earlier in this thread (posted it somewhere) - the 30 days notice only kicks in after your next billing date so be careful with the date you cancel on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭robwen

The email address worked perfectly reply within 10mins, I have or am cancelling an annual subscription where I am paying €199 pa. In their reply they offered me..

As a valued customer we would like to offer you the opportunity of continuing your subscription with Setanta Sports at a reduced price offer of €199 for the next 12 months

strange one offering me the same deal again unless the subscription is increasing with the extra champs league coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭irishdeej

robwen wrote: »
    The email address worked perfectly reply within 10mins, I have or am cancelling an annual subscription where I am paying €199 pa. In their reply they offered me..

As a valued customer we would like to offer you the opportunity of continuing your subscription with Setanta Sports at a reduced price offer of €199 for the next 12 months

strange one offering me the same deal again unless the subscription is increasing with the extra champs league coverage

It's increasing to €225

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭robwen

irishdeej wrote: »
    It's increasing to €225

ah that makes sense alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

You should see whether they would give you the 99€ a year offer which they had last December now that would be a good deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

A bit of a heads up for next season. BT Showcase has switched frequencies on Freeview (UK terrestrial TV system). From Divis (Belfast) it would now be on ch 29. This frequency has considerable spillover reception into the South. The channel maybe showing certain Champions League & Europa League matches free to air from next season. Full details are due to be announced by BT on 9 June I believe.

http://www.a516digital.com/2015/06/bt-showcase-opening-up-to-more-viewers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭Delta2113

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Being trailed on UTV NI during half time in the Republic of Ireland game.

There is also seemingly some talk that ESPN will be daftly renamed BT Sport ESPN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

I'm guessing that all the European league games will no longer be on BT 1/2? Big move going with "the new home of European football" sound familiar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Sky Sports 5 not the home of European Football.

What a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Infoanon

icdg wrote: »
    There is also seemingly some talk that ESPN will be daftly renamed BT Sport ESPN.

Promos running today for BT Sport ESPN and a new EPG position - thought it said 411 on Sky but that would make no sense as Eurosport 2 is on 411

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I thought the Special One worked for Sky?:D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I noticed the BT Sport Europe channel(s) being advertised on the ad hoardings for the Ireland v England friendly today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

mikeym wrote: »
    Sky Sports 5 not the home of European Football.

What a shame.

It has never been really. It wasn't long before other sports crept into the schedule. BT of course covered Europa League, Bundesliga and Serie A so it was a very bold claim for Sky to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

mikeym wrote: »
    I thought the Special One worked for Sky?:D

He signed a 3 yr deal to be a BT ambassador last July
    http://sport.bt.com/jose-mourinho-signs-for-bt-sport-S11363918564104

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

B17G wrote: »
    A bit of a heads up for next season. BT Showcase has switched frequencies on Freeview (UK terrestrial TV system). From Divis (Belfast) it would now be on ch 29. This frequency has considerable spillover reception into the South. The channel maybe showing certain Champions League & Europa League matches free to air from next season. Full details are due to be announced by BT on 9 June I believe.

http://www.a516digital.com/2015/06/bt-showcase-opening-up-to-more-viewers.html

Just to confirm there is a channel slot for this now on UHF ch 29 from Belfast. From Limavady (Derry) it's on ch 49. From Brougher Mountain (Fermanagh), ch 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

• Advertisement

I'm not sure any of us need to worry about that for a while.

Meanwhile ESPN has been apparently rebranded this morning and BT Sport Europe is on the UK EPG (still in preview mode though). Any changes here?

what time in the bt sport announcement today re subs etc for next year

announcemet at 10.30 and this is what they tweeted

BT Sport‏@btsport·;4m4 minutes ago
    We are delighted to announce that the Champions League will be FREE with @BTTV #BTSportEurope. http://po.st/Tuf1pw

Now.

What's emerged so far:
    New channels: BT Sport Europe and BT Sport Ultra HD (for the 5 people capable of recieving it...)
    Up to 8 Champions League and 24 Europa League games per night.
    Gary Lineker to anchor.
    RedZone style "Goals" show.
    UK pricing £5 per month.
    Premier League, Scottish League and Premiership Rugby to remain on BT1&2.
    Charity Shield live on BT Sport.

Oh, and I forgot the third new channel, BT Sport Showcase.

Press release:
    http://btplc.com/news/#/pressreleases/uefa-champions-league-and-uefa-europa-league-to-be-free-with-bt-tv-1175981

the xtra £5 is for bt broadband customers to get bt sport europe on the sky platform. the existing bt sport 1 2 and bt sport espn will remain free.

The full bT sport package is free to those who use the Bt Tv platform.

now from an irish perspective what price will be the full BT setanta pack here
    setanta irl
    setanta sports 1 HD (from july)
    Bt sport 1 and 2
    Espn on BT sport
    Bt sport Europe

BT will make some matches available for everyone to watch, whether a subscriber or not, via a new, free-to-air channel on digital TV. Called BT Sport Showcase, this channel will show a minimum of 12 UEFA Champions League matches and 14 UEFA Europa League matches and these will be available to anyone to watch for free. Each participating British team will be shown at least once.

This showcase channel from reading previous posts will be DTT? not on satellite. I may be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭landofthetree

icdg wrote: »
    Oh, and I forgot the third new channel, BT Sport Showcase.

Press release:
    [/url]

No mention of what platform this will be on.

Hopefully its on freesat as well as freeview.

Setanta Sports has confirmed that the new home for European football, BT Sport Europe, will be available to viewers in the Republic of Ireland as part of the Setanta Sports pack.

BT Sport Europe will become the sixth channel on the Setanta Sports pack when it begins broadcasting in August and, with the rights to all 350 games per season and there will be some games on Setanta Ireland and 1 but the bulk will be on BT Sport Europe for both Champions League and Europa League

Free-to-air matches

BT will make some matches available for everyone to watch, whether a subscriber or not, via a new, free-to-air channel on digital TV.

Called BT Sport Showcase, this channel will show a minimum of 12 UEFA Champions League matches and 14 UEFA Europa League matches and these will be available to anyone to watch for free. Each participating British team will be shown at least once.

Almost certainly on Freeview at any rate, but I dunno about Freesat/Sky (though obviously UEFA had no problem with ITV broadcasting free to air so that augurs well on that front).

It seems, on a strict reading of the press release that BT are taking a leaf from Setanta's books and that it will only be BT Sport 1 that will be bundled with BT Broadband now (aka "BT Sport Lite").

From the London Evening Standard BT Showcase is a terrestial only channel

Although European football will disappear from mainstream terrestrial TV for the next three seasons BT pledged to make at least 12 Champions League matches, including the final, and 14 UEFA Europa League matches available to anyone to watch for free on a new Freeview channel called BT Sport Showcase. Each participating British team will be shown at least once.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/all-of-next-seasons-champions-league-and-europa-league-games-available-for-free-on-bt-10306963.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Gary Lineker, Jake Humphrey and Rio Ferdinand will front the live UEFA Champions League coverage. They will join the BT Sport team which includes Paul Scholes, Michael Owen, Steve McManaman and Owen Hargreaves, as well as new signings Steven Gerrard, Harry Redknapp, Glenn Hoddle and Howard Webb.The channel will also broadcast a new ‘Goals’ show, presented by James Richardson

What a horrible line up of people they have working on this. James Richardson is wasted on a goals show.

Advertisement