Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

lertsnim wrote: »
    What a horrible line up of people they have working on this. James Richardson is wasted on a goals show.

The dregs really.
    They have clearly targeted their coverage at the lowest common denominator.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

What a horrible line up of people they have working on this. James Richardson is wasted on a goals show.
    The dregs really.

Rio was decent on the BBC at last years world cup

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Tugboats wrote: »
    Rio was decent on the BBC at last years world cup

It's an opinion I don't share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

B17G wrote: »
    Just to confirm there is a channel slot for this now on UHF ch 29 from Belfast. From Limavady (Derry) it's on ch 49. From Brougher Mountain (Fermanagh), ch 27.

Forgot Preseli in Wales for those in the SE. It's on ch 39. Well worth tuning it in now if you are in range of any Freeview transmitter considering 26 matches (12 CL, 14 EL) are confirmed on the channel.

http://www.a516digital.com/2015/06/bt-at-26-free-to-air-european-matches.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Bt sport Europe at ch 414 not on irish sky epg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Not yet. It will be, or Setanta have got something horribly wrong....

http://www.setanta.com/ie/bt-sport-europe-to-join-the-setanta-sports-pack/

Channel doesn't launch for two months anyway.

icdg wrote: »
    Not yet. It will be, or Setanta have got something horribly wrong....

http://www.setanta.com/ie/bt-sport-europe-to-join-the-setanta-sports-pack/

Channel doesn't launch for two months anyway.

it is up on uk epg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭mike2084

kooga wrote: »
    Bt sport Europe at ch 414 not on irish sky epg

It can be tuned in manually if you're a subscriber, but they won't put it on our epg yet as it is advertising BT Phone and Broadband services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

I'm opening the channel no problem via the card on a DM - I imagine this will be added on the Sky EPG by the end of summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭dohboy

They are probably keeping Jimbo on the European show, which is his forte. Lineker is a good anchor tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭dohboy

The dregs really.

LOL. Is there some upper echelon of football punditry that I'm not aware of? It's not usually some wellspring of great minds.

surely bt sport Europe is not going to remain on other channels on the sky box........................Q will Bt request Sky to carry it on the epg for ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Brian017

kooga wrote: »
    surely bt sport Europe is not going to remain on other channels on the sky box........................Q will Bt request Sky to carry it on the epg for ireland

Setanta have said it'll be added to their pack

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

BT Sport have tried to be different from Sky people from but from day one have bashed them and still continue to now. Thing is people dont like change. For the Champions League they have added some great pundits and presenters. While I do enjoy Sky's football coverage I find BT nice change as well.

I like change.

In other channels on sky box there is bt sport preview and bt sport Europe
    Still no sign on channel 414 yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭robwen

Is it true Sky have the Saturday afternoon premiership match now? If so when is the BT premiership game Saturday evening or Sunday?? Will Setanta still have the Saturday 3pm game?

Yes but not until the season after next. From the 2016/17 season Sky have the lunchtime game while BT will have the Saturday evening game. Setanta continues to have 3pm games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

robwen wrote: »
    Is it true Sky have the Saturday afternoon premiership match now? If so when is the BT premiership game Saturday evening or Sunday?? Will Setanta still have the Saturday 3pm game?

You mean the Saturday lunchtime kick off?

You mean the Saturday lunchtime kick off?

Yes lunchtime

• Advertisement

Yes but not until the season after next. From the 2016/17 season Sky have the lunchtime game while BT will have the Saturday evening game. Setanta continues to have 3pm games.

Oh ok so all is the same next season & then new tv deal kicks in from 16/17 season?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

robwen wrote:
    Oh ok so all is the same next season & then new tv deal kicks in from 16/17 season?
    Correct.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don't know who will have the Saturday 3pms from 16-17 onwards (though I will eat my hat if Setanta don't keep the rights),

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

icdg wrote:
    We don't know who will have the Saturday 3pms from 16-17 onwards (though I will eat my hat if Setanta don't keep the rights),

Yeah, I don't see anyone else being interested. TV 3 could theoretically do something, but they won't. Setanta will keep them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

icdg wrote: »
    Don't rule UTV or TV3 out of the equation - the rights will again have restrictions applied meaning Setanta getting a bollocking on social media and many games being almost worthless.

Rights would be worth a hell of a lot more to RTÉ, TV3, UTVI then Setanta - it would be almost like obtaining a big package in the UK worth hundreds of millions - 1 out of United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal almost every single week at 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

irishfeen wrote: »
    Don't rule UTV or TV3 out of the equation - the rights will again have restrictions applied meaning Setanta getting a bollocking on social media and many games being almost worthless.

Rights would be worth a hell of a lot more to RTÉ, TV3, UTVI then Setanta - it would be almost like obtaining a big package in the UK worth hundreds of millions - 1 out of United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal almost every single week at 3pm.

But we all know Rte wont bid for the 3pm kick offs because No.1 It would clash with the 6 Nations games and No.2 They dont have the money (they dropped the highlights show a few years ago).

Tv3 might put in a bid, I was very surprised they showed the Fa Cup final last month.

As for Utv, nobody seems to know what they are up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

mikeym wrote: »
    But we all know Rte wont bid for the 3pm kick offs because No.1 It would clash with the 6 Nations games and No.2 They dont have the money (they dropped the highlights show a few years ago).

Tv3 might put in a bid, I was very surprised they showed the Fa Cup final last month.

As for Utv, nobody seems to know what they are up to.
    That's what I mean they can't be ruled out because we don't know yet what they can/will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

Assuming the relationship between Setanta & BT Sport us renewed. No other broadcaster would be able to compete with Setanta for the rights to the Saturday 3pm matches in Ireland for seasons 2016/17 to 2019/20.

Interesting piece in the Guardian with BT Sports Managing Director, Delia Bushell.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jun/14/delia-bushell-bt-tv-sport-gary-lineker-champions-league
    In the fullness of time, Sky might not be the only target at which BT takes aim. BT has announced that it will soon launch a Freeview channel, BT Sport Showcase, able to bid for even listed events such as Wimbledon or the FA Cup Final – which, with the BBC’s sports budget under pressure, could be tempting targets. “I wouldn’t comment or speculate on future rights, because clearly keeping your cards close to your chest is key to success,” says Bushell. “I don’t think there are any sports rights that we would say are not for us.”

If BT were to gain UK terrestrial rights for it's Freeview channel and keep those rights exclusively on that channel it would have major implications for all UK domestic broadcasters as they would have fresh competition for UK protected events as well as Irish people who cannot receive Freeview.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Does anyone know how much Setanta are currently paying for the 3PM rights?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Joo0 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much Setanta are currently paying for the 3PM rights?

Foreign rights pricing are never revealed by the F.A.

Advertisement