Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Foreign rights pricing are never revealed by the F.A.

setanta paid €750,000 per year for the live rights

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

ftakeith wrote: »
    Where is that figure coming from? obviously not the FA.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

What is your source?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

lertsnim wrote: »
    What is your source?

I had heard RTÉ paid 3m for 3 years but that could have included highlights

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

Yes, would be interested myself in the source of your information. In some ways the next right's package is less valuable for the Irish 3pm picks as I would expect all the 'big' teams to be picked the maximum 29 times they can be picked by Sky/BT Sport for television coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

Hi all.

Is there anyone here with bt sport multiroom on their sky subscription? I was thinking of getting bt sport on a 2nd tv for the champions league next season. Its an extra 5 i think per month.

Was just wondering what the story is with connecting to the phone line. Private number here so i dont see a way around it. My sky boxes arent connected anyways. But i was also thinking how bt would do a callback when its a sky box im using and not a bt one.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Source?

ianburke wrote: »
    Hi all.

Is there anyone here with bt sport multiroom on their sky subscription? I was thinking of getting bt sport on a 2nd tv for the champions league next season. Its an extra 5 i think per month.

Was just wondering what the story is with connecting to the phone line. Private number here so i dont see a way around it. My sky boxes arent connected anyways. But i was also thinking how bt would do a callback when its a sky box im using and not a bt one.

Hi I have 2 cards on my pack and you do not need to be connected to a phoneline. I pay 1.99 for the second card.

You need to call Setanta direct, not Sky BTW.

Hi I have 2 cards on my pack and you do not need to be connected to a phoneline. I pay 1.99 for the second card.

You need to call Setanta direct, not Sky BTW.

Thanks very much, Chris!

Will get onto them in the morning:)

Thanks very much, Chris!

Will get onto them in the morning:)

No probs buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,026 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hi all.

You cant get BT Sport with a Sky sub - not legally anyhow. You need to sign up with Setanta to get it and you need a Sky box and a viewing card, active or inactive doesnt really matter it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

I see the bt sport hd pack in the UK on the sky platform is £23.99 a month. Expensive

kooga wrote: »
    I see the bt sport hd pack in the UK on the sky platform is £23.99 a month. Expensive
    How much is sky sports 1-5 in the UK I wonder?.. one thing for certain is that BT are majorly pushing the quad BT network and trying to pull customers back from all platforms and provides - one of the most aggressive strategy we have ever seen in this sector.

From our point of view its a great pity BT have pulled out of the Irish domestic market.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The Original Bundle with Sky Sports is £45.50 in the UK (the discount available here doesn't seem to be available there - they have a free TV offer instead). Undiscounted it is €65 here but there is a discount to €47 for six months.

You have to remember that most BT Sport customers in the UK are taking it with BT Broadband, where it will only be £5 extra from August (free at the moment). Very few are taking it standalone on Sky.

icdg wrote: »
    The Original Bundle with Sky Sports is £45.50 in the UK (the discount available here doesn't seem to be available there - they have a free TV offer instead). Undiscounted it is €65 here but there is a discount to €47 for six months.

You have to remember that most BT Sport customers in the UK are taking it with BT Broadband, where it will only be £5 extra from August (free at the moment). Very few are taking it standalone on Sky.
    I suppose BT are not really interested in these customers all being told - their whole game is BT Bundles ... the more quad bundles they sell the mula will just flow into the company... and its already a VERY profitable company!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Anyone think Setanta will be increasing their prices?

I would imagine so ... they have a HD channel on the way too so it gives them an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/sky_sports_and_bt_sport_announce_dates_when_live_premier_league_tv_fixtures_will_be_revealed_1_4117782
    The Premier League have announced the dates when live TV selections will be revealed by Sky Sports and BT Sport.

August/September fixtures: on or before June 24

October/November fixtures: July 6

December fixtures: September 17

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Answer is Yes - email sent to existing customers over the last few days.

How much are they increasing by?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Infoanon

lertsnim wrote: »
    How much are they increasing by?

€25 for yearly subscribers

Infoanon wrote: »
    €25 for yearly subscribers

what was it? 200?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

In the UK, the increase will be €6.49 per month if you are watching the BT pack via the Sky platform. £19.99 from August.

http://www.a516digital.com/2015/06/bt-sport-prices-20-charge-for-sky.html

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Not as expensive as I expected.

TBH I dont see how Setanta can raise prices. Its over priced for what it is at the moment. Most people will just watch the two champions league games on tv3/rte. Only thing is the europa league wont be on 3e anymore. Bit of a loss for them.

Joo0 wrote: »
    Not as expensive as I expected.

There is a good chance that figure was pulled from thin air. Several people have asked for a source and are still waiting.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Yes and look while I am always willing to give any poster the benefit of the doubt, I now think Ive given enough benefit. Ftakeith can take a warning for trolling unless he comes back with a source and unless he does this particlular point is off limits for discussion now

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

750k is nonsense.. i know about 4/5 yrs ago setanta (or maybe it was rte at the time) paid 3m euros for it

If it's 750k/season it would be 25k per game .. I find that VERY hard to believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

mikeym wrote: »

I appreciate you have posted a link to your information but it completely conflicts with the information on the Premier Leagues's own website.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/fixture-changes-explained.html
    The first changes take place when our UK broadcast partners announce their opening group of live TV matches. This happens in early July and contains broadcast alterations for the first two months of the season (August and September).

TV matches for October and November should be confirmed and announced in early August.

For fixtures from December onwards, live TV matches are mostly confirmed on a month-by-month basis. The Premier League will seek to confirm live TV matches approximately five or six weeks prior to the start of the month in question. For example, December selections are typically confirmed in mid-October.

The broadcast selections for the season’s final round of fixtures are usually announced after every club has completed 37 matches. As these matches always kick-off simultaneously, there is no direct impact on match-going fans, in terms of rearranged dates or kick-off times.

It also makes no sense at all as to why would the television fixtures to end September be released and then a short time later the television fixtures for October & November all before the start of the season. The release date also for December matches is way ahead of any previous season's television fixture announcement.

I will be extremely surprised if in week three of the fixtures, Arsenal v Liverpool is not s Sky fixture on the Monday night, all the other nine fixtures have at least one club who will be playing in the League Cup 2nd round on either the Monday or Tuesday night.

There are other dates it is possible to predict with total certainty that both Liverpool and Spurs will be playing on Sundays because of their Europa League games being on the preceding Thursdays and those Thursdays being followed by the International Breaks and League Cup rounds. As I said the day can be predicted but not whether these matches will be television picks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

redabbey wrote: »
    I appreciate you have posted a link to your information but it completely conflicts with the information on the Premier Leagues's own website.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/fixture-changes-explained.html

It also makes no sense at all as to why would the television fixtures to end September be released and then a short time later the television fixtures for October & November all before the start of the season. The release date also for December matches is way ahead of any previous season's television fixture announcement.

I will be extremely surprised if in week three of the fixtures, Arsenal v Liverpool is not s Sky fixture on the Monday night, all the other nine fixtures have at least one club who will be playing in the League Cup 2nd round on either the Monday or Tuesday night.

There are other dates it is possible to predict with total certainty that both Liverpool and Spurs will be playing on Sundays because of their Europa League games being on the preceding Thursdays and those Thursdays being followed by the International Breaks and League Cup rounds. As I said the day can be predicted but not whether these matches will be television picks.

To be honest I found that page by accident I typed in "bt sport" into Google.

Obviously I would trust the official premier league website over some local Norwich website, but why would they put out the wrong information?

Advertisement