Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

annual package i was told on the phone is 225. was it 200 up until now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

199 but last Dec they had a promo 12 months for 99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭peejay1986

How are Setanta at dealing with cancellation threats? Will they offer a deal, similar to how Sky operate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

peejay1986 wrote: »
    How are Setanta at dealing with cancellation threats? Will they offer a deal, similar to how Sky operate?

I rang & said I wanted to leave - immediately they offered 3 months @ 9.99

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

I rang & said I wanted to leave - immediately they offered 3 months @ 9.99

Im on June and July for 9.99. Will be calling soon to cancel. Hopefully I will get a similar offer. No way is it worth 21.99e per month when its main selling point is second rate PL games and a "champions" league that only gets interesting in March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,026 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Tugboats wrote: »
    Im on June and July for 9.99. Will be calling soon to cancel. Hopefully I will get a similar offer. No way is it worth 21.99e per month when its main selling point is second rate PL games and a "champions" league that only gets interesting in March
    Make sure you cancel no later than 30th June.

on june july august september at 9.99 a month. Was due to be cut off at the end of may and received a call. Have it in my diary to ring to cancel mid/late august. my advice is go ahead with the cancellation as the outbound offer call is better than the offer the rep offers you to stay when you ring.

Be interesting to see what the new price will be from the first of august with bt europe in the pack

Cool, thanks for the advice everyone.

I'd be long rid of the package if it wasn't for the UFC coverage. The extra football is a bonus for me but it wouldn't solely keep me signed up.

Cool, thanks for the advice everyone.

I'd be long rid of the package if it wasn't for the UFC coverage. The extra football is a bonus for me but it wouldn't solely keep me signed up.

What about UFC tv if thats all you're interested in?

What about UFC tv if thats all you're interested in?

I'm signed up to the FightPass online network but that doesn't give you access to the PPV events, which are usually the best ones. They only become available to watch after a long delay.

• Advertisement

I'm signed up to the FightPass online network but that doesn't give you access to the PPV events, which are usually the best ones. They only become available to watch after a long delay.

Oh didnt know that I thought they had everything live.

Oh didnt know that I thought they had everything live.

Yep, as did I when I joined. You can buy the PPVs individually to watch live but it's cheaper to get a month of BT Sport.

Just after ringing to cancel. Was offered August and September for 9.99 per month.

Just after ringing to cancel. Was offered August and September for 9.99 per month.

cancel and await the call back..........................

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sbEdge

I signed up late last year, they had a black friday deal €99 for 12 months. What's the story when the 12 months is up? Does it revert to full price or does my subscription just end?

sbEdge wrote: »
    I signed up late last year, they had a black friday deal €99 for 12 months. What's the story when the 12 months is up? Does it revert to full price or does my subscription just end?

you would want to ring them to clarify.

because it might automatically renew to an annual membership or the monthly price. ring them..................they might even offer you the same deal again. let us know how you get on.

kooga wrote: »
    cancel and await the call back..........................

What is their better offer? I think 9.99 is good but they wouldn't give it to me for 12 months so I didn't take it(yet)

Usually when u ring to cancel they offer two months at 9.99 a month but if you hold tough they will ring u before the cancel date to offer 4 months at 9.99. It's a bit of a game the whole thing!

kooga wrote: »
    Usually when u ring to cancel they offer two months at 9.99 a month but if you hold tough they will ring u before the cancel date to offer 4 months at 9.99. It's a bit of a game the whole thing!

It's a bit silly they won't take 120quid up front for 12 months but are happy to take 9.99 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

When is Setanta going HD on satellite?

• Advertisement

Joo0 wrote: »
    When is Setanta going HD on satellite?

20th of July

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Only Setanta Sports 1 HD is testing on satellite along with the UK version Premier Sports HD
    11.225 V DVB-S QPSK SR 27.5 FEC 2/3 - Labelled 53152 and 53153

No sign of Setanta Ireland being in HD

Apparently they won't have Setanta Ireland in HD on sat.

Looking at those channels, picture is superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Is there a HD logo on the test channel?

irishfeen wrote: »
    Is there a HD logo on the test channel?

No Premier logo at all, my Dreambox is showing it as HD though.

Doesn't seem to opening with Irish cards yet, only UK Premier subs.

Untitled.png

Bt sport showcase is showing a loop now on freeview (sd) according a516digital

Only Setanta Sports 1 HD is testing on satellite along with the UK version Premier Sports HD
    11.225 V DVB-S QPSK SR 27.5 FEC 2/3 - Labelled 53152 and 53153

The test HD channels don't seem to be covered under the new encryption system the sky HD channels have (like BT although these are just tests so might change).. I wonder are BT helping them with setting up in HD?

The test HD channels don't seem to be covered under the new encryption system the sky HD channels have (like BT although these are just tests so might change).. I wonder are BT helping them with setting up in HD?

Nope, just like BoxNation & BT HD channels, Sky are not putting them on the same encryption as their own HD channels.

Nope, just like BoxNation & BT HD channels, Sky are not putting them on the same encryption as their own HD channels.
    It's a strange one because MUTV and ChelseaTV HD do seem to be then.

• Advertisement

It's a strange one because MUTV and ChelseaTV HD do seem to be then.

Sky sell those that's why. I see ITV HD's are now back to the old encryption now too.

Advertisement