Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Sky sell those that's why. I see ITV HD's are now back to the old encryption now too.
    Noticed that too, odd because I thought they had an HD agreement with sky with a few years yet to run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Have BT Sport 1 and 2 HD changed frequency today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

irishfeen wrote: »
    Noticed that too, odd because I thought they had an HD agreement with sky with a few years yet to run.

There's talk they'll eventually go on Freesat. Nothing concrete.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Have BT Sport 1 and 2 HD changed frequency today?
    Sky Digital: New frequency for BT Sport 1 HD: 11597.00MHz, pol.V (DVB-S2 SR:23000 FEC:8/9 SID:50660 PID:2332[MPEG-4] /2334 English,2333 English- VideoGuard).

Sky Digital: New frequency for BT Sport 2 HD: 11597.00MHz, pol.V (DVB-S2 SR:23000 FEC:8/9 SID:50665 PID:2337[MPEG-4] /2339 nar,2338 English- VideoGuard).

Sky Digital: New frequency for BT Sport Europe HD: 11597.00MHz, pol.V (DVB-S2 SR:23000 FEC:8/9 SID:50680 PID:2354[MPEG-4] /2356 nar,2355 English- VideoGuard).

Source: http://en.kingofsat.net/news.php?filtre=no&pos=&y=2015&m=6&day=25

Today, they left 11479V according to KoS.

Just looking through for next season - Setanta have really landed on their feet getting into bed with BT - they have built a very decent package and soon Setanta Sports 1 in HD too - €21.99 p/m or €18.75 p/m (with 12 month contract).. apart from the big Premier League games you really would wonder whether Sky Sports in now worth the €36 extra a month especially if your not massively into golf/cricket.

Champions League Live (all)
    Europa League Live (all exclusive)
    Premier League Live (71 Games - 38 BT and 33 Setanta)
    Premier League Highlights (Sat & Sun evenings before the BBC)
    F.A. Cup Live (25 Games)
    Irish International Friendlies Live
    UFC Live (30+)
    Champions Cup Rugby Live (35 Games)
    Formula 1 Live (19)
    Moto GP Live (18)
    Aviva Premiership Rugby Live (69 games)
    Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1 Live
    The Masters & The Open Golf Live
    GAA National League Live (17 games)
    Scottish Premier League Live (30 games)
    League of Ireland Live
    NASCAR Live (36)
    NBA, NFL, NHL, Wimbledon, Copa America, Community Shield, World Rally Championship Live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Sky Sports has been ridiculously overpriced for a long time. If they removed the requirement to sign up for an awful entertainment package (my opinion) then that opinion might change.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Sky Sports has been ridiculously overpriced for a long time. If they removed the requirement to sign up for an awful entertainment package (my opinion) then that opinion might change.
    I don't think Sky Sports actually justifies the cost anymore - apart from the big PL games they now seem to have a very limited schedule (for me anyway)

WWE, Cricket, Golf .... I just don't watch them at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

what i like about the setanta pack is that it is a stand alone package you do not have to have an other sub especially if you can get it for €9.99 a month.

the true cost of sky sports is original/variety plus sports

any reason why bt sports europe is not on the irish epg?

kooga wrote: »
    what i like about the setanta pack is that it is a stand alone package you do not have to have an other sub especially if you can get it for €9.99 a month.

the true cost of sky sports is original/variety plus sports

any reason why bt sports europe is not on the irish epg?
    They are running promos for the British audience with British phone numbers so I assume we won't see it until close to launch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

I don't think Sky Sports actually justifies the cost anymore - apart from the big PL games they now seem to have a very limited schedule (for me anyway)

WWE, Cricket, Golf .... I just don't watch them at all...

you need to be batsh!t crazy to be paying full whack for any tv or sports package. As others have said Setanta is good at 9.99 but not 21.99 per month

• Advertisement

Tugboats wrote: »
    you need to be batsh!t crazy to be paying full whack for any tv or sports package. As others have said Setanta is good at 9.99 but not 21.99 per month
    To be fair to Setanta the €18.75 I think is worth it too ...compared with Sky Sports I think its better value for money... not to mention the €15 extra for HD!

Anyone know how much Sky Sports 1 standalone is?

To be fair to Setanta the €18.75 I think is worth it too

How is it worth that when you can pay 9.99:confused:

How is it worth that when you can pay 9.99:confused:
    Ah yeah but that won't last I presume... for €9.99 is a bloody bargain! - 6 very decent sports channels.

Here's Sky Sports main rights - €36 p/m .. for me it will be hard to justify as I don't really watch Golf, Cricket or The Football League

Premier League Live (116)
    Football League Live (112)
    La Liga (100+) *Rights up for Auction from 2015*
    Copa del Rey, Coppa Italia, Eredivisie, MLS Live
    Welsh, Scottish, Irish, N.Irish Qualifiers Live
    Scottish Premier League Live (30+ games)
    English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, French, Italian Rugby Autumn Internationals Live
    Pro 12 (30 games)
    Top 14 (55)
    The Rugby Championship Live
    Cricket live (test matches, one day internationals, overseas and ODI etc)
    US Open and ATP World tour Tennis Live
    The Open, Masters, US Open, Ryder Cup, PGA Golf etc. Live
    Formula 1 Live (19)
    PDC World Darts Championship/Premier League Darts Live
    NFL Regular Season Live
    GAA Championship Live (20)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Here's Sky Sports main rights - €36 p/m .. for me it will be hard to justify as I don't really watch Golf, Cricket or The Football League

Premier League Live (116)
    Football League Live (112)
    La Liga (100+) *Rights up for Auction from 2015*
    Copa del Rey, Coppa Italia, Eredivisie, MLS Live
    Welsh, Scottish, Irish, N.Irish Qualifiers Live
    Scottish Premier League Live (30+ games)
    English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, French, Italian Rugby Autumn Internationals Live
    Pro 12 (30 games)
    Top 14 (55)
    The Rugby Championship Live
    Cricket live (test matches, one day internationals, overseas and ODI etc)
    US Open and ATP World tour Tennis Live
    The Open, Masters, US Open, Ryder Cup, PGA Golf etc. Live
    Formula 1 Live (19)
    PDC World Darts Championship/Premier League Darts Live
    NFL Regular Season Live
    GAA Championship Live (20)

get the 'sky sports 1' only package that includes live eng prem league, eng league cup, spanish football and euro 2016 qualifers

Anyone know how much Sky Sports 1 standalone is?

21euros per month

ftakeith wrote: »
    21euros per month
    That's a ridiculous price on top of the entertainment channels though... its almost unjustifiable when you could get Setanta (70 PL games and all CL games) for €9.99/18/22 and just go to the pub/stream the games on SS1.

That's a ridiculous price on top of the entertainment channels though... its almost unjustifiable when you could get Setanta (70 PL games and all CL games) for €9.99/18/22 and just go to the pub/stream the games on SS1.

so do you have Setanta?

so do you have Setanta?
    Weighing up options ATM... Was talking to Uncle last night who is also talking of going Setanta only.

• Advertisement

Weighing up options ATM... Was talking to Uncle last night who is also talking of going Setanta only.

The 9.99 for June and july isnt on their site anymore. I only got it in june because they will keep you on the 9.99 when you cancel. You should ring them and try and get a deal.

I pay 42 for my full Sky package so I think 52 for everything is good

The 9.99 for June and july isnt on their site anymore. I only got it in june because they will keep you on the 9.99 when you cancel. You should ring them and try and get a deal.

I pay 42 for my full Sky package so I think 52 for everything is good
    Ill wait at least until the Premier League games are announced for TV before deciding for the first few months anyway.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Ultimately for many sports fans it will come not to which is better value euro for Euro, but to what sports and teams you support.

icdg wrote: »
    Ultimately for many sports fans it will come not to which is better value euro for Euro, but to what sports and teams you support.
    Champions League might have a big bearing on the decision though - it's a massive loss for sky.

Important to note too that the CL final will be in the Millennium Stadium in 2017 during BT's rights - I assume they will be host broadcaster.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Yes they would be. OT but I hadn't heard about that - quite a coup for the FAW.

With us in Ireland the Champions League isn't such an issue as the top game each night will still be on FTA and another game for Setanta Ireland viewers on basic UPC. Fans of teams in the Europa League (the 2015-16 competition incidnetly kicking off tonight with two first qualifying round matches featuring St Patrick's Athletic and Aberdeen on Setanta 1) may feel different.

icdg wrote: »
    Yes they would be. OT but I hadn't heard about that - quite a coup for the FAW.

With us in Ireland the Champions League isn't such an issue as the top game each night will still be on FTA and another game for Setanta Ireland viewers on basic UPC. Fans of teams in the Europa League (the 2015-16 competition incidnetly kicking off tonight with two first qualifying round matches featuring St Patrick's Athletic and Aberdeen on Setanta 1) may feel different.
    I wonder how much longer will Setanta Ireland will remain on basic UPC? ... any idea how long the deal with UPC lasts?.. I assume their exclusivity deal for Setanta Ireland HD is the reason its not launching alongside Setanta Sports 1 HD this month.

21euros is the official sky price but I got a deal of 15euros per month for 3 months for the sky sports 1 only package

I will subscribe to sky sports for 6months as the half price deal continues to 16/7/15
    Then I will downgrade sky sports and I might be offered new deals from sky

ftakeith wrote: »
    21euros is the official sky price but I got a deal of 15euros per month for 3 months for the sky sports 1 only package

I will subscribe to sky sports for 6months as the half price deal continues to 16/7/15
    Then I will downgrade sky sports and I might be offered new deals from sky
    And do you pay the extra €15 for HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Have Setanta held on to their BT deal

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote: »
    Have Setanta held on to their BT deal
    From the looks of their website they certainly have continued it :)

Advertisement