Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

irishfeen wrote: »
    And do you pay the extra €15 for HD?

I have the hd pack for sky boxed sets for €10 per month

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The original deal doesn't expire till the end of the 2015-16 season, there was no announcement of any renewal and it would be still early for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

icdg wrote: »
    The original deal doesn't expire till the end of the 2015-16 season, there was no announcement of any renewal and it would be still early for it anyway.
    It will almost certainly continue - unless BT is considering re-entering the domestic Irish broadband then there is absolutely no point in going into competition with Setanta just for sports subscribers... ESPN was case in point - 3 subscription sports broadcasters just cannot work in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

BT don't really have much of an interest in Ireland. Their focus is the UK market. I would have expected an Irish ad feed version of btsport but 2 years on that still has not happened

Joo0 wrote: »
    BT don't really have much of an interest in Ireland. Their focus is the UK market. I would have expected an Irish ad feed version of btsport but 2 years on that still has not happened

Up to the end of Sep 2015, I think there is a one man utd/liverpool 3pm saturdays games on setanta
    The 3pm games are poor in general

I watch the 230pm german bundesliga saturdays live games from the legal betting website site I use instead of watching the 3pms games

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

A lot of Liverpool fans who subscribe to Setanta not happy but Setanta/Bt will be showing Liverpool in the Europa League.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

mikeym wrote: »
    A lot of Liverpool fans who subscribe to Setanta not happy but Setanta/Bt will be showing Liverpool in the Europa League.

I would fully expect that BT Sport will show Liverpool the maximum times they can (seven, five Saturday morning and two midweek) and fully fill their quota of matches. BT Sport are guaranteed to have big matches involving Liverpool in two midweek slots next year. Liverpool v Arsenal and Liverpool v Man City.

It's also worth remembering that teams in the Europa League do not play on Saturdays. If Setanta pick Liverpool v West Ham that game is also subject to change should West Ham get through the 1st three preliminary rounds of the Europa League. I'd be amazed if Setanta do not pick Liverpool v Villa at the end of September.

High time I thought this thread deserved a new name. Though ESPN and Premier Sports can still be discussed here of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dk1979

ftakeith wrote: »
    21euros is the official sky price but I got a deal of 15euros per month for 3 months for the sky sports 1 only package

I will subscribe to sky sports for 6months as the half price deal continues to 16/7/15
    Then I will downgrade sky sports and I might be offered new deals from sky

Does anyone know if there is a minimum contract (say 12 Months) with this Sky Sports offer or can I just cancel after the six months at half price?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bjp1967

Does anybody else have issue receiving both BT Sport HD channels since frequency change last week, I am getting message saying I am getting no satellite signal. All other stations are fine including BT SD versions and Setanta stations. I have called BT and Sky technical support, Sky engineer called out today, he changed dish and LNB with no success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

bjp1967 wrote: »
    Does anybody else have issue receiving both BT Sport HD channels since frequency change last week, I am getting message saying I am getting no satellite signal. All other stations are fine including BT SD versions and Setanta stations. I have called BT and Sky technical support, Sky engineer called out today, he changed dish and LNB with no success.

all ok with me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

ok here aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

bjp1967 wrote: »
    Their new transponder is a bit of an issue for me too by the looks of things, but I have my dish a long way from the house, so doubtful if I can do much about it, unless put my house on stilts or take a chainsaw to the neighbours' trees. Are you sure the engineer aligned the new dish properly? No signal after a frequency change could be a result of the dish being a fraction off to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bjp1967

I asked him that question, he checked and said it was aligned correctly, he actually replaced dish and LNB to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Only problems you'll have is if you live abroad. The BT HD channels have gone on a uk beam. I can't get them now in poland.

Just a thought unplug your sky box for a short period of time and then plug back in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

snaps wrote: »
    Only problems you'll have is if you live abroad. The BT HD channels have gone on a uk beam. I can't get them now in poland.

Just a thought unplug your sky box for a short period of time and then plug back in again.

Coming up as a Euro beam on 11597 V 23000 QPSK-8/9 - Give that a bash

Setanta/Premier HD now opening on my Irish card - showing 3 channels identical in HD. 53152,53&54

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Coming up as a Euro beam on 11597 V 23000 QPSK-8/9 - Give that a bash

Setanta/Premier HD now opening on my Irish card - showing 3 channels identical in HD. 53152,53&54

Worked a treat, must have been a recent addition!

No ESPN HD though........No signal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

premiersports in hd via other channels

going live and on the epg monday the 20th of july

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭yknaa

snaps wrote: »
    Worked a treat, must have been a recent addition!

No ESPN HD though........No signal!

Access via 'other channels' I presume? Is there a plan or a date announced to have then added to the EPG for easier access I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

yknaa wrote: »
    Access via 'other channels' I presume? Is there a plan or a date announced to have then added to the EPG for easier access I wonder?

Channel doesn't launch until the 20th, so I'd expect it on the EPG then.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

kooga wrote: »
    premiersports in hd via other channels

going live and on the epg monday the 20th of july

What frequency did you use?
    Thank you!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭mike2084

What frequency did you use?
    Thank you!

11.224V DVB-S 27.500 2/3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I thought Setanta would have announced the 3pm kick off matches by now.

They seem to be more interested in promoting Conor McGregor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

mikeym wrote: »
    I thought Setanta would have announced the 3pm kick off matches by now.

They seem to be more interested in promoting Conor McGregor.

No Man Utd/Liverpool or Arsenal 3pm Saturday games in the first 3 weeks so harder to pick them weeks but my guesses for the early part of the season are:

Aug 8 Bournemouth v Aston Villa
    Aug 15 Spurs v Stoke
    Aug 22 Sunderland v Swansea
    Aug 29 Liverpool v West Ham
    Sep 12 Arsenal v Stoke
    Sep 19 Aston Villa v WBA
    Sep 26 Man Utd. v Sunderland

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

I'm guessing
    Week 1: Everton vs Watford
    2: Spurs vs Stoke
    3: Palace vs Villa
    4: Liverpool vs Westham
    5: city vs palace
    6: Sc vs Everton
    7: United vs Sunderland

Joo0 wrote: »
    I'm guessing
    Week 1: Everton vs Watford
    2: Spurs vs Stoke
    3: Palace vs Villa
    4: Liverpool vs Westham
    5: city vs palace
    6: Sc vs Everton
    7: United vs Sunderland

I agree I hope you are right

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

No Man Utd/Liverpool or Arsenal 3pm Saturday games in the first 3 weeks so harder to pick them weeks but my guesses for the early part of the season are:

Aug 29 Liverpool v West Ham

This game will be a Sunday match if West Ham progress to the 4th qualifying round of the Europa League. It may even be moved prior to the outcome of the 3rd qualifying round being decided. West Ham play the 2nd qualifying round of the Europa League this Thursday with the 2nd leg a week later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

how many games will setanta have live 38?

Advertisement