Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

irishfeen wrote: »
    Just looking through for next season - Setanta have really landed on their feet getting into bed with BT - they have built a very decent package and soon Setanta Sports 1 in HD too - €21.99 p/m or €18.75 p/m (with 12 month contract).. apart from the big Premier League games you really would wonder whether Sky Sports in now worth the €36 extra a month especially if your not massively into golf/cricket.

Champions League Live (all)
    Europa League Live (all exclusive)
    Premier League Live (71 Games - 38 BT and 33 Setanta)
    Premier League Highlights (Sat & Sun evenings before the BBC)
    F.A. Cup Live (25 Games)
    Irish International Friendlies Live
    UFC Live (30+)
    Champions Cup Rugby Live (35 Games)
    Formula 1 Live (19)
    Moto GP Live (18)
    Aviva Premiership Rugby Live (69 games)
    Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1 Live
    The Masters & The Open Golf Live
    GAA National League Live (17 games)
    Scottish Premier League Live (30 games)
    League of Ireland Live
    NASCAR Live (36)
    NBA, NFL, NHL, Wimbledon, Copa America, Community Shield, World Rally Championship Live

33 games on Setanta!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

irishfeen wrote: »
    Just looking through for next season - Setanta have really landed on their feet getting into bed with BT - they have built a very decent package and soon Setanta Sports 1 in HD too - €21.99 p/m or €18.75 p/m (with 12 month contract).. apart from the big Premier League games you really would wonder whether Sky Sports in now worth the €36 extra a month especially if your not massively into golf/cricket.

Champions League Live (all)
    Europa League Live (all exclusive)

Will the BT Champions League and Europa Cup game be available in Ireland?
    Or will it be like last year, with BT coverage of Europa Cup games blocked.
    I know Sky had the non-exclusive Irish right to their champions league coverage, but had BT bought the same?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Yes. The deal for Ireland is slightly different this year because Setanta now have the rights to show all games (before, TV3 and RTE had exclusive rights over their picks). They've confirmed they'll be showing them all here, so no more blocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

But will there be a Red Button service for UPC customers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

But will there be a Red Button service for UPC customers?

no its the same when sky had the rights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

Why bt not showing Celtic game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

GY A1 wrote: »

Its on Celtic TV online.......Pay pay pay to watch that Scottish ****e.

They need all the money they can get now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

GY A1 wrote: »

Bt Sport are showing Celtics away game on Wednesday 22nd July.

The Champions League central TV rights don't kick in until the play-off round and the Europa League until the group stage. Everything before that is sold on a one-off basis by the home club.

We might also mind the langauge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Thinking of subscribing to the BT/Setanta pack for the new Premier League season. We have UPC at home so currently the pack would cost €19 per month. Is it worth subscribing now at that price, or do people reckon there'll be a better deal closer to the start of the new season?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

I got the setanta sports pack for two months this summer and when i asked to cancel my sub, i said that i would only condsider subscribing for a year if i got a decent money-off deal like the €99 a year a lot of people on boards have gotten in the past.

I know i wouldn't get it that low now with all the extra content and channels they are adding but anyway the sales person came back and offered me a deal for 1 year @ €199. Anyone think thats still a good offer?

Bear in mind i only watch football not into other sports at all.
    Seems very high i was hopefull of something around the €130-€150 mark for the 12 months.

Also can you cancel the sub during the summer months when theres no competitive football on and then start it back up again when the season starts? Don't see the point paying for sports that i don't watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Thinking of subscribing to the BT/Setanta pack for the new Premier League season. We have UPC at home so currently the pack would cost €19 per month. Is it worth subscribing now at that price, or do people reckon there'll be a better deal closer to the start of the new season?

no setanta pack discounts for UPC Tv subscribers, discounts are mostly for satellite customers

They took their time but Setanta's first lot of 3pms have been finally announced:

http://www.setanta.com/ie/setanta-confirm-premier-league-fixtures-2/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

icdg wrote: »
    They took their time but Setanta's first lot of 3pms have been finally announced:

I wouldn't say Liverpool fans are doing back-flips with them fixtures.

United of course will have at least 5 - adding in the CL qualifier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Up to the end of September Sky are showing 4 of their games and Setanta are showing 1.

I don't see what they have to be complaining about.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Up to the end of September Sky are showing 4 of their games and Setanta are showing 1.

I don't see what they have to be complaining about.

What exactly has Sky go to do with a Setanta/BT Sport thread?

Sky as you know I'm sure is nothing to do with a subscription to Setanta/BT.

What exactly has Sky go to do with a Setanta/BT Sport thread?

Sky as you know I'm sure is nothing to do with a subscription to Setanta/BT.

It has a lot to do with what games were available to Setanta for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Bournemouth vs Villa.........
    Can't say I know any Irish people supporting either of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Joo0 wrote: »

Slim pickings that weekend as none of the big clubs are playing at 3pm saturday. And it'll be nice to see Harry Arter play.

• Advertisement

Joo0 wrote: »

I know a fair few Villa supporters who presumably started following them when Staunton, Mcgrath etc. were playing there. They are a quiet bunch these days though :)

It has a lot to do with what games were available to Setanta for a start.

Think you missed my point, not everyone who has the Setanta pack has Sky.

Anyway, would you agree though that as a Liverpool fan who only has Setanta would be a bit cheesed off?

I know a fair few Villa supporters who presumably started following them when Staunton, Mcgrath etc. were playing there. They are a quiet bunch these days though :)

Yep, the first season of the Premier League a few Villa fans emerged from the garden shed and quickly went back lol

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

United of course will have at least 5 - adding in the CL qualifier.

It is a bit pointless commenting on the amount of Liverpool matches that have been selected so far in the Premier League without acknowledging the fact that Liverpool's fixtures available to both BT Sport firstly and then Setanta in the Premier League are severely affected in the first half of the season by Liverpool being in the Europa League group stage.

Even the Setanta pick of Liverpool v West Ham is not certain to be a Saturday match if West Ham get to the 4th qualification round of the Europa League.

BT Sport will I am certain use their maximum quota of seven Liverpool matches in the Premier League over the course of the season. They are guaranteed to have both Liverpool v Arsenal and Liverpool v Man. City in the New Year. I also think that BT Sport will have either Tottenham v Liverpool or Chelsea v Liverpool in October with a very small possibility of them having both, BT Sport will already have shown Chelsea and Spurs twice in their Saturday slot prior to those fixtures I am suggesting, the maximum is five per team across the season for their Saturday TV slot.

It is not so simple for Setanta to pick Liverpool matches when as I have stated above they are playing on Sundays after Thursdays in the Europa League. For example Liverpool v Norwich has not been picked by Sky but has been moved to the Sunday but is not available for either BT Sport or Setanta to broadcast.

Of course it should also be mentioned that anyone who is a subscriber to Setanta in Ireland on the Sky platform are guaranteed to be able to see all six Europa League matches involving Liverpool this side of Christmas.

There shouldnt be a quota for Setanta, we are not the Uk simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

icdg wrote: »

Setanta's website really needs a revamp, very basic looking

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Setanta's website really needs a revamp, very basic looking

Yeh. The promotion website they had for the fight was streets ahead of their main one

Has Setanta Sports Ireland changed frequencies on Sky digital?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

mikeym wrote: »
    Has Setanta Sports Ireland changed frequencies on Sky digital?

Yes, it changed a few days ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

25euro pm for HD option now.is this a new thing as I have not seen it before.

Advertisement