Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Has anyone heard anything about streaming Setanta/BT Sport online in ireland?

I have full sky with setanta package. I can watch sky sports with SkyGo on my tablet, and was hoping for a similar app from setanta. I know i can use illegal streams, but considering im paying setanta, i would like something a bit more official!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭batistuta9

25euro pm for HD option now.is this a new thing as I have not seen it before.

yeah definitely wasn't there before, been added from after the McGregor fight i think.

says 6 HD channels though, is Set.Ireland going HD on satellite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Has the Premier/Setanta HD channel appeared on the Sky EPG?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

11.225 V, 27.500, 2/3, DVB-S, QPSK.

"53152" has now been relabelled as 'Setanta HD"

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭irishdeej

It is on the EPG now. 424. But the only sport in HD for the next seven days is NRL; Not even the US sports are in HD. What a waste.

• Advertisement

irishdeej wrote: »
    It is on the EPG now. 424. But the only sport in HD for the next seven days is NRL; Not even the US sports are in HD. What a waste.
    Is it just like the SD channel (same stream as Premier) or is Setanta now separated again in HD?

irishfeen wrote: »
    Is it just like the SD channel (same stream as Premier) or is Setanta now separated again in HD?

It is the same stream as Premier SD

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

They should be in HD, and have been on the test feed. It's just they haven't been flagged as such. Can't always go by the EPG data.

Racket wrote: »
    They should be in HD, and have been on the test feed. It's just they haven't been flagged as such. Can't always go by the EPG data.
    Yeah when I was watching the test feed over the weekend it certainly looked in HD for a lot of stuff - very decent HD picture in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

When testing most of what I saw was HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

One thing that annoys me:
    Why are Setanta Sticking with the "Setanta Ireland" and "Setanta Sports 1" branding. This is a legacy from the now defunct Setanta UK operation.
    Surely it makes more sense to Label them:

Option 1: "Setanta Sports" and "Premier Sports"
    This would solve the whole DOG misalignment with the channel name (due to Setanta 1 and Premier sharing the same feed)

Option 2: "Setanta Sports 1" and Setanta Sports 2"
    Doesn't solve the DOG issue, but makes more sense than the current set-up.

Maybe it's just me that gets frustrated by this....?

I've wondered that myself. It is very messy how they are doing it at the moment and so easy to clean up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Back in 2013 Setanta actually announced that they were rebranding Setanta Sports 1 as Premier Sports and were days away from doing so when all mention of it was pulled. What changed? They announced a new carriage deal with UPC which released them from their commitment to show half of their Premier League fixtures on Setanta Ireland. They want Setanta branding on the channel for the Premier League fixtures. I agree, it's a stupid situation and the way Setanta 1 is branded is mad (Setanta branding during Ireland-only programmes, Premier Sports the rest of the time). Note that the cable version is slightly different in that it has a Setanta DOG 100% of the time (but still gets Premier Sports idents and promos).

Should also be noted that the channel that launched on sky is called "Setanta HD" and not "Setanta Sports 1 HD"... I wonder could we see some stuff from Setanta Ireland being broadcast on the HD channel although this would mean the "this programme is not available" on premier sports in the UK.

I wouldn't read too much into that - Setanta Ireland HD on UPC is just labeled "Setanta HD" (and indeed that is what its DOG reads!). Someday Setanta Ireland HD will launch on Sky. Maybe. Perhaps.

It's a real pity that it isn't a standalone channel apart from Premier Sport, it would have gave us an extra HD match on Champions League nights... Apparently most of the red button CL feeds will be SD on satellite like sky sports as all HD will be exclusive to BT Vision in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Setanta HD is on Sky Ch460.

The next live football on Premier/Setanta HD is Birkirkara V West Ham in the Europa League.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,026 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mikeym wrote: »
    Setanta HD is on Sky Ch460.

The next live football on Premier/Setanta HD is Birkirkara V West Ham in the Europa League.
    Its on 424 for me but I have the HD sub with Sky so the SD and HD versions are going to have different numbers

I wonder could we see some stuff from Setanta Ireland being broadcast on the HD channel

No. That would piss off Premier Sports subscribers no end.

lertsnim wrote: »
    No. That would piss off Premier Sports subscribers no end.

With regards to the Saturday 3pm matches, will they be in full HD?

• Advertisement

With regards to the Saturday 3pm matches, will they be in full HD?
    I would imagine so, there should be no reason why they wouldn't!

number of HD channels corrected to 5 now. Also €1 "introductory offer" for the first month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

It's a real pity that it isn't a standalone channel apart from Premier Sport, it would have gave us an extra HD match on Champions League nights... Apparently most of the red button CL feeds will be SD on satellite like sky sports as all HD will be exclusive to BT Vision in the UK.

red button feeds were in SD on sky also

the setanta pack is the half price of sky sports if you take the annual package

I will happily renew for another year from september 1st

of course I am on the half price sky sports for 6 months offer

if you are only into soccer only you get SS1/SS5 only through the 'SS1 only package' through sky

icdg wrote: »
    number of HD channels corrected to 5 now. Also €1 "introductory offer" for the first month.

There'll be no premier league on the HD channel, right?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    There'll be no premier league on the HD channel, right?
    Yes they will! .. All Premier League games on BT and Setanta will now be available in HD. BT Sport 1 HD and Setanta HD (3pm's)

Yes they will! .. All Premier League games on BT and Setanta will now be available in HD. BT Sport 1 HD and Setanta HD (3pm's)

Should have mentioned it's the 3pms & setanta highlights I'm asking about.

Is the PL not always on set.Ireland?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Should have mentioned it's the 3pms & setanta highlights I'm asking about.

Is the PL not always on set.Ireland?
    No 3pm games almost always on Setanta Sports 1 .. Highlights on Setanta Ireland so they won't be in HD on sky at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Zardoz

25euro pm for HD option now.is this a new thing as I have not seen it before.

25 euro per month is saucy enough .
    I'm on the 99 euro deal for 12 months until December but there is no way I am paying full whack when that expires.
    Then again I havent paid full whack in years but I suspect the reduced price monthly offers will be harder to get now .

No 3pm games almost always on Setanta Sports 1 .. Highlights on Setanta Ireland so they won't be in HD on sky at least.

Always MOTD on BBC One HD if that's a problem. There's very little live sport on Setanta Ireland now that isn't available somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Got offered 12 months for 155 quid. Think I will keep paying 9.99 for as long as possible instead

Advertisement