Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Seems a deal has yet to be done with UPC for BT Sport Europe. Slightly worrying, though worth noting that Setanta and UPC only did a deal for BT Sport originally the night before it launched (and ESPN was I think a week or two after it launched).

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

icdg wrote: »
    Seems a deal has yet to be done with UPC for BT Sport Europe. Slightly worrying, though worth noting that Setanta and UPC only did a deal for BT Sport originally the night before it launched (and ESPN was I think a week or two after it launched).

I'm sure they will agree a deal soon. After the close connection between Setanta and UPC in the past I wouldn't have expected it to take this long. I can see a price increase for the setanta pack on UPC coming up very soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

As far as I know, BT Sport Europe is not yet on the Sky ROI EPG, it's just on the UK one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

As far as I know, BT Sport Europe is not yet on the Sky ROI EPG, it's just on the UK one
    They are currently playing promos on loop on BT Sport Europe across the UK with British phone numbers given out ... It will appear when the channel goes live, no point in broadcasting it here with British phone details.

Setanta have already confirmed it will be on the Irish EPG from Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

From what Setanta are saying on their Facebook page, the ball seems to be in UPC's court.

BT getting ready for the Champions League! - BT confirming that all 7 extra channels will be in SD only on sky :(

11.082 H SR 22000 FEC 5/6 DVB-S QPSK
    BT Sport Extra 1

11.344 H SR 27500 FEC 2/3 DVB-S QPSK
    53220: BT Sport Extra 2
    53230: BT Sport Extra 3
    53240: BT Sport Extra 4
    53250: BT Sport Extra 5
    53260: BT Sport Extra 6

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

An interesting article here about BT Sport UHD service with people's older 4K TV sets.

http://www.whathifi.com/news/bt-ultra-hd-wont-support-older-4k-tvs-and-amps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭Brian017

Will CL games be on BTS1&2 too as well as this new channels?

While no HD on the BTS Extra channels is a disappointment, Sky's 'Match Choice' service wasn't in HD either so it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise. If some games were on BTS 1&2 as well as Europe at least we wouldn't be getting less games in HD

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

irishfeen wrote:
    BT getting ready for the Champions League! - BT confirming that all 7 extra channels will be in SD only on sky

Just be happy you get it on satellite. It was always going to be like this, and it's no downgrade from Sky. If HD picture is important to you, get yourself a middle eastern provider.

• Advertisement

AFAIK there will be games on the linear channels too, including Setanta Ireland and Setanta Sports 1. There's also meant to be a Redzone style live goals service on one of the linear BT channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Hi lads not sure if this is the right place to put this query, if not apologies. I have the Setanta pack with my current tv provider, Sky, I'm switching tv provider to UPC, what steps will I have to take in order to switch get my Setanta pack onto my UPC connection? Also are there any differences between the Setanta pack as it is on Sky and as it is on UPC?

You can't "move" your subscription per se, you have to cancel with Setanta directly. When you are subscribing to UPC you can then request them to add the Setanta pack. There are a few differences:

- On UPC, Setanta Ireland is included in your basic subscription (and Setanta Ireland HD if you have either Horizon or the "old" HD pack - as a new subscriber I think you have to take a Horizon pack).
    - The subscription price is cheaper (for the moment) - it only covers 4 channels instead of 6.
    - There is no red button/ BT Sport Extra.
    - There is, for the moment, no BT Sport Europe.

An option available to you, if you're keeping your dish and box (and I recommend you at least keep the dish - there are many free to air satellite channels not available on UPC) is to continue to subscribe to Setanta via satellite instead of via UPC. It's more expensive, but you won't miss anything because it's on BT Sport Europe or BT Sport Extra, and you'll still get Setanta Ireland HD on your UPC Horizon package.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Bt Sport Europe now on the Sky Epg Ch414 & Ch433.

FTV at the moment.

So in all probability we will have two Champions League matches in HD on sky during the group stages as its almost certain the same game will be on the Irish channels as BT... I wonder will there be a game on Setanta Sports 1 HD (this would leave viewers in the UK blank)

On a given game night we will have -

TV3 HD/RTÉ2 HD
    BT Sport 2 HD
    BT Sport Europe HD
    Setanta Sports 1 HD ??
    Setanta Sports Ireland (SD)
    BT Sport Extra 1,2,3,4,5,6 (SD)

irishfeen wrote: »
    i wonder will there be a game on Setanta Sports 1 HD (this would leave viewers in the UK blank)

There has been in previous seasons during the group stages, so obviously it's not too much of a concern.

There has been in previous seasons during the group stages, so obviously it's not too much of a concern.
    I hope you are right!... it would be great to have one more game3 in HD as BT Sport Extra HD is not available to us.

Just looking at Setanta/BT on the sky EPG - simply put its an awful mess - with the HD pack....

413 - BT Sport 1
    414 - BT Sport Europe
    415 - At The Races
    417 - BT Sport 2
    418 - MUTV
    419 - Extreme Sports
    421 - Chelsea TV HD
    422 - Chelsea TV
    423 - Setanta Ireland
    424 - Setanta Sports 1
    426 - BT Sport ESPN
    427 - BT Sport 1 HD
    433 - BT Sport Eur HD
    457 - BT Sport 2 HD
    458 - BT Sport ESPN HD
    460 - Setanta HD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Just looking at Setanta/BT on the sky EPG - simply put its an awful mess - with the HD pack....

413 - BT Sport 1
    414 - BT Sport Europe
    415 - At The Races
    417 - BT Sport 2
    418 - MUTV
    419 - Extreme Sports
    421 - Chelsea TV HD
    422 - Chelsea TV
    423 - Setanta Ireland
    424 - Setanta Sports 1
    426 - BT Sport ESPN
    427 - BT Sport 1 HD
    433 - BT Sport Eur HD
    457 - BT Sport 2 HD
    458 - BT Sport ESPN HD
    460 - Setanta HD

I have the hd setanta pack in hd

and I have them in my sky favourites
    no mess for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭batistuta9

6 more BT fixtures out. Liverpool, Chelsea & Tottenham in twice each.
    https://sport.bt.com/sport-football/news/bt-sport-reveals-new-round-of-televised-premier-league-games-S11363995007679

On the channel orders above, is that only if you've a sky HD sub too?
    I've only setanta & I get all the BT HD channels as the lower numbers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

batistuta9 wrote: »
    6 more BT fixtures out. Liverpool, Chelsea & Tottenham in twice each.
    https://sport.bt.com/sport-football/news/bt-sport-reveals-new-round-of-televised-premier-league-games-S11363995007679

On the channel orders above, is that only if you've a sky HD sub too?
    I've only setanta & I get all the BT HD channels as the lower numbers

sky hd sub does not appy to setanta
    you may have the full annual package like I

I prefer the setanta sports channels to sky sports

• Registered Users Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭batistuta9

ftakeith wrote: »
    sky hd sub does not appy to setanta
    you may have the full annual package like I

I prefer the setanta sports channels to sky sports

I have setanta only. Though with me 413 is BT sport 1 HD, etc.

I'm asking why he's on about a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

413 - BT Sport 1
    414 - BT Sport Europe
    415 - At The Races
    417 - BT Sport 2
    418 - MUTV
    419 - Extreme Sports
    421 - Chelsea TV HD
    422 - Chelsea TV
    423 - Setanta Ireland
    424 - Setanta Sports 1
    426 - BT Sport ESPN
    427 - BT Sport 1 HD
    433 - BT Sport Eur HD
    457 - BT Sport 2 HD
    458 - BT Sport ESPN HD
    460 - Setanta HD
    Really out of place. The UPC sports layout is better

If BT win La Liga rights sky are in trouble... It will be a clear sign they massively overpaid for Premier League rights and this would be a massive body blow... Losing Champions League & La Liga rights would be an astonishing turn of events for sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

BT Europe now showing CL final highlights with a sky sports news / ticker tape style looping news.

It's a very big blow if true - La Liga is a Sunday night staple in pubs up and down the country. Surely Sky would have to consider whether there is any point to keeping Sky Sports 5 going.

It's a very big blow if true - La Liga is a Sunday night staple in pubs up and down the country. Surely Sky would have to consider whether there is any point to keeping Sky Sports 5 going.
    You would honestly have to think SS5 (and maybe even more) would go and they will have to drop the cost of subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

You would honestly have to think SS5 (and maybe even more) would go and they will have to drop the cost of subscriptions.

Sky hemorrhaging content would justify a price reduction.

However, they keep throwing more billions at the premiership..... I doubt an across the board price drop will happen. (Perhaps for pubs, but not domestic).

• Advertisement

Sky hemorrhaging content would justify a price reduction.

However, they keep throwing more billions at the premiership..... I doubt an across the board price drop will happen. (Perhaps for pubs, but not domestic).
    It was a brilliant PL auction for BT when you think back ... They secure 40 odd games of good quality, they force sky to spend billions and billions which borders on absolute ridiculous, it has curtailed sky's ability to purchase other rights simply because they can't take more risk and BT starts hoovering up more and more quality rights from sky.

They are obviously been run exceptionally well from the top down.

Advertisement