Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

irishfeen wrote: »
    You would honestly have to think SS5 (and maybe even more) would go and they will have to drop the cost of subscriptions.

Sky sports can be got for 19.99 per month. Setanta can be got for 9.99 per month. How cheap do you want them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Tugboats wrote: »
    Sky sports can be got for 19.99 per month. Setanta can be got for 9.99 per month. How cheap do you want them!
    Sky Sports cannot be got for 19.99... With sky you need basic entertainment package first ... Normal price for sky sports in €32 on top of your ~ €30-38 entertainment pack ... Ridiculous!

Sky Sports cannot be got for 19.99... With sky you need basic entertainment package first ... Normal price for sky sports in €32 on top of your ~ €30-38 entertainment pack ... Ridiculous!

These are the prices advertised that mugs pay that allow them to offset discounts to the rest. When your insurance company sends you your quote do you pay what they ask?:confused:

These are the prices advertised that mugs pay that allow them to offset discounts to the rest. When your insurance company sends you your quote do you pay what they ask?:confused:
    How are you getting sky sports for 19.99?? Have they dropped the need for the entertainment pack?

How are you getting sky sports for 19.99?? Have they dropped the need for the entertainment pack?

No I have all the channels with Sky(42pm) and Setanta for 9.99 per month. At the moment everything works out at 52 per month. I'm getting rid of movies soon so I will be paying 47euro. Setanta offered me a year for 155euro last week but I told them I only want to pay 120.

• Advertisement

No I have all the channels with Sky(42pm) and Setanta for 9.99 per month. At the moment everything works out at 52 per month. I'm getting rid of movies soon so I will be paying 47euro. Setanta offered me a year for 155euro last week but I told them I only want to pay 120.
    ... So you were lying, you get sky sports for €42. At least your one of us anyway - "mugs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Gest

How did you get the year offer for e155 for Setanta?

... So you were lying, you get sky sports for €42. At least your one of us anyway - "mugs"

No, That's for every channel.

No, That's for every channel.
    I know that but we were talking about Sky Sports and BT. The pricing structure at sky is ridiculous, their rule that you have to buy an entertainment package is just ridiculous and makes it very expensive.

Gest wrote: »
    How did you get the year offer for e155 for Setanta?

I rang them asking to subscribe for a year.
    They said 225euro. I said no thank you.
    we can give it to you for 199euro they said.
    No thank you. why would I pay 199euro when I'm currently paying 9.99pm?
    She spoke to her boss and told me 9.99 may not last forever but we can give you a year at 155euro.
    No thanks. You have my number if it's available for 120euro call me. For now I will stay on the monthly deal, Bye.

• Advertisement

I know that but we were talking about Sky Sports and BT. The pricing structure at sky is ridiculous, their rule that you have to buy an entertainment package is just ridiculous and makes it very expensive.

It doesn't. You seem happy with BT at 25 but it's possible to get everything at 47-51 and you call it expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Looks like BT is getting La Liga when the current deal runs out with Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Sky's entire business model originally was based around Premier League Tv rights. Despite all of their ventures with Broadband etc, 25 years later they are still totally relying on their diminishing Premier League rights. Their movie channels are becoming redundant along with the likes of Sky Atlantic and Sky 1.

I think Sky V BT is now becoming a legitimate fight.

It doesn't. You seem happy with BT at 25 but it's possible to get everything at 47-51 and you call it expensive.
    Setanta/BT HD is €18.75 p/m if you get the 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It says 21.99 p/m on the website for the 12 month contract
    It seems to have gone up from 19.99 recently .

I believe the 18.75 p/m deal is if you pay in advance for 12 months ,i.e 225 euro in one lump sum.

I believe the 18.75 p/m deal is if you pay in advance for 12 months ,i.e 225 euro in one lump sum.
    Oh sorry that's what I meant ... per month basis its a low as 18.75 if you want the package.

It's not really pm when they want the 225quid up front. But if you're happy and feels its good value that's all that matters. :)

It's not really pm when they want the 225quid up front. But if you're happy and feels its good value that's all that matters. :)
    Well it's certainly cheaper then the 42 p/m euro your paying for sky sports :)

Has it gone up from 36 p/m ?
    BT have no extra charge for HD either which is a nice bonus.

BT have no extra charge for HD either which is a nice bonus.
    There actually is a HD charge now for HD .. €3.01 if you are paying month on month... with annual subscriptions HD comes as part of the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

There actually is a HD charge now for HD .. €3.01 if you are paying month on month... with annual subscriptions HD comes as part of the deal.

I totally agree

Here in Ireland, we get live champions league games on tv3 on tuesdays and rte2 on wednesdays

the 'sky sports 1 only' package is €21 euros per month that includes SS1 and SS5

Sky should scrap Sky Sport News HQ, its the biggest waste of money and of course paying big money for overpriced pundits

There actually is a HD charge now for HD .. €3.01 if you are paying month on month... annual subscriptions HD comes as part of the deal.

:( Typical,more bloody cost

I'm on the 99 euro for the year deal anyway .
    I'll have to renegotiate so at the end of the year.
    The days of ringing up every 3 months and trying to get a deal so would seem to be over.

I prefer to have both. I left the my Xbox is better than your PlayStation behind in school. Now keep telling people how great setanta is for 225quid up front. The more people who pay that the easier it is for the rest of us to be allowed pay 9.99pm:)

:( Typical,more bloody cost

I'm on the 99 euro for the year deal anyway .
    I'll have to renegotiate so at the end of the year.
    The days of ringing up every 3 months and trying to get a deal so would seem to be over.

How did you get 99? The best offer i can get from them is 155e for the year

I prefer to have both. I left the my Xbox is better than your PlayStation behind in school. Now keep telling people how great setanta is for 225quid up front. The more people who pay that the easier it is for the rest of us to be allowed pay 9.99pm:)
    I never told you what I pay to watch Sky and BT... ;)

How did you get 99? The best offer i can get from them is 155e for the year

You have to ring them up and say that Wayne Rooney is your favourite Man Utd player ...

Seriously though ,it was a special offer they ran around December last year ,99 euro if you signed up for a year for new customers but they also gave it to existing customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Customers who pay Monthly
    HD (Contract)
    For 12 months
    €21.99 per month

5 HD Channels
    12 month contract
    Access to all our live content
    Savings of over €35

You have to ring them up and say that Wayne Rooney is your favourite Man Utd player.

They might gives us a further discount when Rooney up front means we don't qualify for the group stages:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

It seems to have gone up from 19.99 recently .

It went up to €21.99 ages ago
    It was in 2013 €19.99

• Advertisement

They might gives us a further discount when Rooney up front means we don't qualify for the group stages:(
    Imagine if the 4 English teams we're to push well past the group stages... Setanta/BT would make hay at both sides of the Irish sea. I think they would self-combust if there was an all-English CL final live on BT and Sky Sports News had to cover it :)

Advertisement