Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

ftakeith wrote: »
    Sky should scrap Sky Sport News HQ, its the biggest waste of money and of course paying big money for overpriced pundits

Worth its weight in gold for Gilette Soccer Saturday. Outside of that its effectively a rolling advert for Sky Sports.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

irishfeen wrote: »
    Imagine if the 4 English teams we're to push well past the group stages... Setanta/BT would make hay at both sides of the Irish sea. I think they would self-combust if there was an all-English CL final live on BT and Sky Sports News had to cover it :)

I think Sky are betting on that not happening for the next few years. Ratings in the Uk have being on the decline for the champions league due to the performance of the English teams but its a dodgey bet for suits to make and could backfire. The first hurdle for BT is Utd in the qualifier. They will be desperate for UTD to qualify as they are the most watched club

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

icdg wrote:
    Worth its weight in gold for Gilette Soccer Saturday. Outside of that its effectively a rolling advert for Sky Sports.

I would argue that Soccer Saturday is not worth much, but each to his/her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

sky sports have lost la liga according to media reports.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

sigmundv wrote: »
    I would argue that Soccer Saturday is not worth much, but each to his/her own.

Watching people watching games you can't see

soccer saturday should be scrapped along with SSN

MLS live games is another one should be scrapped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

MLS live games is another one should be scrapped

Soccer Saturday is fine.
    Without it you just have Hayley McQueen's tits reading the same 15 minutes of Autocue for 5 hours.

MLS is getting sexier what with their ability to pay for retiring european talent.
    I doubt the UK rights for MLS cost much & they need content for their 840 weekly broadcast hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Watching people watching games you cannot see anywhere except with a foreign subscription or internet stream. It is a popular show regardless of your personal feelings on it and it isn't going to be scrapped.

Soccer Saturday is fine.
    Without it you just have Hayley McQueen's tits reading the same 15 minutes of Autocue for 5 hours.

MLS is getting sexier what with their ability to pay for retiring european talent.
    I doubt the UK rights for MLS cost much & they need content for their 840 weekly broadcast hours.

She has more football knowledge in her left tit than Merson, Thompson and Co

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

OK, we might get back onto Setanta-BT

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

this goes back to the saying when BT came out,

we would be better off throwing an extra 5 or 10€ for sky sports and keeping it the way it was,

the day of having two sports subs is gone, both sky and BT will not have offers on now.

• Advertisement

P_Cash wrote: »
    this goes back to the saying when BT came out,

we would be better off throwing an extra 5 or 10€ for sky sports and keeping it the way it was,

the day of having two sports subs is gone, both sky and BT will not have offers on now.

having two providers is great for customers. BT are whoring themselves to everyone and anyone with 1euro introductory month offers, 9.99 per month and 12.99 per month deals

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The HD picture quality for the community shield match on bt today is very poor.

The HD picture quality for the community shield match on bt today is very poor.

the standard channel was twice as bad when i flicked over. dont think the sunshine helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Tugboats wrote: »
    having two providers is great for customers. BT are whoring themselves to everyone and anyone with 1euro introductory month offers, 9.99 per month and 12.99 per month deals

Those deals are a thing of the past.

nope. Plenty here are still getting them

ianburke wrote: »
    the standard channel was twice as bad when i flicked over. dont think the sunshine helped.

No the sunshine didnt help but it was still a crap picture.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they made it look worse to make their new UHD look better.

It looked crap on foreign channels too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Totally agree - HD picture was awful... I actually don't know if it was native HD. Looked like upscaled SD to me.

Totally agree - HD picture was awful... I actually don't know if it was native HD. Looked like upscaled SD to me.

other games were fine. Im putting it down to the sun and the roof

It was native HD. The contrast between the shaded areas and sunlight never helps.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    It was native HD. The contrast between the shaded areas and sunlight never helps.

I've noticed that this is an issue with daylight matches at Wembley,the FA Cup HD picture was poor too .

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Tugboats wrote:

Do you mean Setanta? BT are not trading in the republic as far as I know.

sigmundv wrote: »
    Do you mean Setanta? BT are not trading in the republic as far as I know.

yeah sorry meant Setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

No the sunshine didnt help but it was still a crap picture.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they made it look worse to make their new UHD look better.

I would take that sunshine anyday considering it was bucketing rain here

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

I cancelled a week ago and got email offer of 2 months for €12.99/month. Deals are there alright.

Going to give sky notice tomorrow and see what deal they give. Got half price for 9 months last time.

pain in the butt ringing up and waiting 10mins to get through cancelling and then getting 2 month deals etc. then remembering to ring back up and cancel again giving them a 30 day notice.just too much hassle for me. went with the annual pack and multiroom. works out about 22 quid a month which is price of a few pints. wont have to ring them again. prices will no doubt creep up each season but thats life

marvsins wrote: »
    I cancelled a week ago and got email offer of 2 months for €12.99/month. Deals are there alright.

Going to give sky notice tomorrow and see what deal they give. Got half price for 9 months last time.

make sure to tell sky your leaving because of champions league and la liga:)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

pain in the butt ringing up and waiting 10mins to get through cancelling and then getting 2 month deals etc. then remembering to ring back up and cancel again giving them a 30 day notice.just too much hassle for me. went with the annual pack and multiroom. works out about 22 quid a month which is price of a few pints. wont have to ring them again. prices will no doubt creep up each season but thats life

No phone call involved. Sent email saying I wanted to cancel and gave my sky card number. They send automated email and couple days later email with the offer if I want it.

Easy !

marvsins wrote: »
    No phone call involved. Sent email saying I wanted to cancel and gave my sky card number. They send automated email and couple days later email with the offer if I want it.

Easy !

handy. might try that next year so if i can remember in time. if i forget, contract rolls over for the next year

• Advertisement

handy. might try that next year so if i can remember in time. if i forget, contract rolls over for the next year

and push for a better price next season. I was willling to pay up front for the year last week and they went as low as 155euro

Advertisement