Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Number of live upcoming Champions League games for Setanta Pack & RTÉ/TV3 (non exclusive)

Champions League

(TV3xRTÉ)

10 play-off first legs (1x1) 18–19 Aug
    10 play-off second legs (1x1) 25–26 Aug

96 group games (6x6) 15–16 Sep, 29–30 Sep, 20–21 Oct, 3–4 Nov, 24–25 Nov, 8–9 Dec.

8 round of 16 first legs (2x2) 16–17 Feb, 23–24 Feb
    8 round of 16 second legs (2x2) 8–9 Mar & 15–16 Mar

4 quarter final first legs (1x1) 5–6 Apr
    4 quarter final second legs (1x1) 12–13 Apr

2 semi final first legs (1x1) 26–27 Apr
    2 semi final second legs (1x1) 3–4 May

1 final (0X1) 28 May

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

I'm pissed about this. I literally only want BT for the US sports. I'm sick of Football being shoved down my throat.

It's fking woefully bad these days. Over sanitised rubbish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

mooreman09 wrote: »
    I'm pissed about this. I literally only want BT for the US sports. I'm sick of Football being shoved down my throat.

Join the club, i rarely watch football.
    Getting the sports for U.S sports.
    Im hoping bt espen will be showing at least 3 live NCAAF games every Saturday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

How about just turning on the channel when the event you want is on:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

marvsins wrote: »
    No phone call involved. Sent email saying I wanted to cancel and gave my sky card number. They send automated email and couple days later email with the offer if I want it.

Easy !

Ya, i like that about setanta, .

• Advertisement

ianburke wrote: »
    pain in the butt ringing up and waiting 10mins to get through cancelling and then getting 2 month deals etc. then remembering to ring back up and cancel again giving them a 30 day notice.just too much hassle for me. went with the annual pack and multiroom. works out about 22 quid a month which is price of a few pints. wont have to ring them again. prices will no doubt creep up each season but thats life

I'm thinking of that annual offer also. Will decide within a week

So you want BT to forget completely about any other sports except the US stuff just to suit you??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Join the club, i rarely watch football.
    Getting the sports for U.S sports.
    Im hoping bt espen will be showing at least 3 live NCAAF games every Saturday.

ESPN had 3 x college games every Saturday last season.

Its a shame the college football season is so short.
    ESPN is dominated by a helluva lot of rounders.

ESPN had 3 x college games every Saturday last season.

Its a shame the college football season is so short.
    ESPN is dominated by a helluva lot of rounders.

.i even think the nfl season is short, so many games in a short space of time.

P_Cash wrote: »
    .i even think the nfl season is short, so many games in a short space of time.

The college season (which BT/ESPN excel at) is even shorter..... Sep 3rd to Dec 12th.

• Advertisement

The college season (which BT/ESPN excel at) is even shorter..... Sep 3rd to Dec 12th.

Is bt carrying espn and the college footy this year?

P_Cash wrote: »
    Is bt carrying espn and the college footy this year?

Well, they always were.
    So I sure hope they are continuing to!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There are the bowl games over Christmas too. ESPN has been renamed, the logo now reads "BT Sport/ESPN" (though it's apparently pronounced "ESPN on BT Sport"). Nothing to say they won't be showing NCAA American football, I believe College Football Live is still in the schedule. In fact the launch of BT Sport Europe allows them to move the Bundesliga and other European football that was on ESPN there, allowing them to dedicate ESPN to US/Canadian stuff. Speaking of which, if you are missing the gridiron, they do have the CFL too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Great to see Pardon The Interruption and Around The Horn returning to ESPN tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I can't find a Sky thread so I'm hoping someone here can answer. I've got a Sky contract that runs until next February, can I ring up and tell them to cancel Sky Sports from the package or am I locked into what I have until February?

J. Marston wrote: »
    I can't find a Sky thread so I'm hoping someone here can answer. I've got a Sky contract that runs until next February, can I ring up and tell them to cancel Sky Sports from the package or am I locked into what I have until February?
    From what I remember you will have to pay a penalty to get out of the contract.

J. Marston wrote: »

Id be 99% sure u signed up without obligation to have sports for 12 months.

As long as u keep some package ur fine.

The contact stops u leaving altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

You are free to change your package once you give them a months notice.
    irishfeen wrote: »
    From what I remember you will have to pay a penalty to get out of the contract.

The question was about cancelling Sky Sports, not the Sky contract.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

irishfeen wrote: »
    So you want BT to forget completely about any other sports except the US stuff just to suit you??

Obviously not, but I'd like both providers to stop hiking up their prices to support the ridulously inflated and overrated soccer prices.

If it keeps going this way, a soccer channel should be set up. Let people buy it. Instead of using other sports to support the losses made on soccer.

I'm a boxing, gaa, American football and golf fan mainly. I've gone off soccer and have zero interest anymore, yet 80% of my bill goes to it??

It's unsustainable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

J. Marston wrote:

J. Marston wrote:

You can cancel the Sports but you have to give 1 months notice and they charge 12 euros to cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

When did Sky start charging for downgrades?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

lertsnim wrote: »

The dont as far as I know

lertsnim wrote:

Not sure, but they charged me for it 2 months ago. I cancelled all the sports, movies, music, discoverys and kids channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,026 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Not sure, but they charged me for it 2 months ago. I cancelled all the sports, movies, music, discoverys and kids channels.
    You were done so. :)

muffler wrote:
    You were done so.

Possibly? Have you downgraded recently and not got charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,026 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Possibly? Have you downgraded recently and not got charged?
    Yes. Im due to be cut off completely in 10 days and there's no additional fees or costs. A couple of months ago I also downgraded at no extra cost.

You only have to pay for the 31 days notice period when removing "add ons" from your account.

Why not query it on the Sky Talk To forum? They will more than likely ask you to PM your contact details and they will call you back with an explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Anybody on here have bt sport on 3 sky boxs?
    Already have it on 2 boxs just wondering would I be looking at full price again 12 euro or so whatever it is?

laneooo wrote: »
    Anybody on here have bt sport on 3 sky boxs?
    Already have it on 2 boxs just wondering would I be looking at full price again 12 euro or so whatever it is?

Isn't a new box 2.99?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Huh? I'm paying 12-15 euro for the second box alone don't even know how much for the first one as I have HD aswell.
    We're did u get 2.99 from? hopefully it is its a rip off as it is...

Advertisement