Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

laneooo wrote: »
    Huh? I'm paying 12-15 euro for the second box alone don't even know how much for the first one as I have HD aswell.
    We're did u get 2.99 from? hopefully it is its a rip off as it is...

to view bt on a extra box its 2.99. Are you talking about paying for an extra sky box?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

No i have 3 HD boxs bt sport is already on 2 just want to get it on the 3rd box is all

So I just ring bt sport and say I want to get bt sport on the 3rd box? And it will only cost 2.99

So I just ring bt sport and say I want to get bt sport on the 3rd box? And it will only cost 2.99

yes or do it online. How much are you paying for BT on the second box? It should only be 2.99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭ebbsy

A few years ago I ordered Setanta on the Dish, it was blocky so I canceled. I was told I would have to realign the dish. I then read that this was a widespread problem.

Has this situation improved would anybody know ?

• Advertisement

How do u do it online?
    BT website says I need BT ID which I don't have

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

How do u do it online?

The sub is for setanta package. Go to setanta website.

How do u do it online?

https://secure.setantasubs.com/

Actually you have to ring them as you're not a new customer. Just have your viewing card number when you call

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Obviously not, but I'd like both providers to stop hiking up their prices to support the ridulously inflated and overrated soccer prices.

If it keeps going this way, a soccer channel should be set up. Let people buy it. Instead of using other sports to support the losses made on soccer.

I'm a boxing, gaa, American football and golf fan mainly. I've gone off soccer and have zero interest anymore, yet 80% of my bill goes to it??

It's unsustainable.

Fair point.

What i hate is sky or BT turning a mid table clash between two plain teams almost as if it were the champions league final. Over hyped to within an inch of its life.

And while they advertise 128 or 70 games a season, how many of those will u be waiting with anticipation.

Thanks for your help I'll post back later....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Incorrect. I did it online last month

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Incorrect. I did it online last month

How do you add a 2nd box online for 2.99 if you're not a new customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,026 ✭✭✭✭muffler

For extra boxes the following is an extract from Setanta's T & C's
    Monthly customers can add the Setanta Sports Pack on up to 4 more televisions for €2.99 per multibox. Annual customers pay €25 per year for their first multibox and €5 per year thereafter, with a limit of 4 multiboxes per household.

Link

Sorry now im a bit confused do i ring Setanta or BT? if i want it for 2.99

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

P_Cash wrote: »
    Fair point.

What i hate is sky or BT turning a mid table clash between two plain teams almost as if it were the champions league final. Over hyped to within an inch of its life.

And while they advertise 128 or 70 games a season, how many of those will u be waiting with anticipation.

Exactly. Its hard not to get drawn into the the odd big game if you are a sports fan. However I'd hazard a guess that at least 9/10 Prem games are poor, either standard wise or to watch. Their plan is quantity over Quality.

The prices being paid has basically told the Premier league to keep doing what you're doing, no need to change it. When the reality is that Sky are are way overpaying and using Boxing, Cricket, NFL and Golf etc to supplement the football by sucking in fans of those sports on full price!

I'm a believer in paying up and getting a good service, I can't be bothered going through the hassle of streaming. As tech improves though, I can't see SKY/BT sustaining their current model. Its just not flexible enough.

I'm going off on a tangent though :)

Sorry now im a bit confused do i ring Setanta or BT? if i want it for 2.99

setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

ebbsy wrote: »
    A few years ago I ordered Setanta on the Dish, it was blocky so I canceled. I was told I would have to realign the dish. I then read that this was a widespread problem.

Has this situation improved would anybody know ?

You should watch the FTV content they show from time to time to see if the picture is better.

The Horse Racing which is on every Saturday on Setanta Ireland is FTV.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Seems UPC and Setanta have come to a deal and BT Sport Europe will be made available shortly. Alas Eircom customers would appear to be still out of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

I haven't seen it yet but it appears there is an awful rolling ticker across the screen when there is no live matches? anyone care to comment who has watched BT Sport Europe yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

I haven't seen it yet but it appears there is an awful rolling ticker across the screen when there is no live matches? anyone care to comment who has watched BT Sport Europe yet?

Yeah I've seen that, sort of Sky Sports News ticker.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Yes, I signed back up last night (after dropping Setanta when I moved from UPC to Sky). The channel is broadcast usually in what might be termed "Sky Sports News" (although Bloomberg TV is I think the original of the species) format, with a sidebar with match results and a bottom bar with news stories. They are removed for live sports.

Just rang them there a 2nd or 3rd box is 5 euro a year which if feckin nothing!! So anybody looking to upgrade a 2nd box cant argue with that at this price.

Just rang them there a 2nd or 3rd box is 5 euro a year which if feckin nothing!! So anybody looking to upgrade a 2nd box cant argue with that at this price.

it 2.99 for extra boxes:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Tugboats wrote: »

I remember when it was 2.99 for a year ,not a month !

Tugboats wrote: »
    Thats what he said or maybe he misspoke but he said a once off 5 euro payment for a 3rd box but he said the same for 2nd box its working an all there now no extra monthly payment

Thats what he said or maybe he misspoke but he said a once off 5 euro payment for a 3rd box but he said the same for 2nd box its working an all there now no extra monthly payment

Do u need a card in that second box? Or how do i get a card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

P_Cash wrote: »
    Do u need a card in that second box? Or how do i get a card?

they'll send u out a card if u need one

GY A1 wrote:
    they'll send u out a card if u need one

Whos they, setanta or sky?

Couldnt I just give this card to a neighbour and charge him 10 euro a month? (I have no intention of doing this)

• Advertisement

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Whos they, setanta or sky?

Setanta,

Will people stop mixing sky and setanta.

Advertisement