Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Couldnt I just give this card to a neighbour and charge him 10 euro a month? (I have no intention of doing this)

Uve a good point.

Assuming he doesn't bother with sky, otherwise ud be screwed swapping cards lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Im not mixing up. I just wonder how Setanta can supply a Sky viewing card for a Sky box?

Considering that they are rival companies?

You can swap cards. I often bring my card to a mates house to watch a match. He has a sky subscription just doesn't have sports.

sugarman wrote: »
    No you can't, its tied to your box.

Is the setanta card married?

sugarman wrote:
    No you can't, its tied to your box.

Yes you can! I have done it many times. You going to tell me I am imaging things?

I also have a spare sky box in my bedroom with just the free to air channels, I often stick my card in that at night to watch the movie channels

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Whether it works or not, it's against the T&Cs to use it at another address so we can't really discuss it here - as discussed before these cards issued by SSSL at the request of Setanta are Sky digital viewing cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

watching the few games today setanta hd. noticing as the guy said about chairty shield game - picture wqas like that again and there was no sun. when the camera would zoom into closer action then picture was crisp but when the normal camera was on it looked at best standard definition. the prem sports logos etc all clear and interviews after.

hopefully they can sort it out before the season starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I haven't seen it yet but it appears there is an awful rolling ticker across the screen when there is no live matches? anyone care to comment who has watched BT Sport Europe yet?

i don't like it! Don't think it's the right style for a channel like this, not one where you're going to be looking to watch the content on it properly.
    Bundesliga 2 replay on now in the image. & it appears to be a WIP, i think anyway.

sidebar top is looping: prem fix week 1, prem fix week 2, CL qualifier fix (tonight), scot prem results week 1

sidebar bottom is looping: man u- tottenham sat, qurabag- celtic tonight, ufc sat, vitesse-southampton thurs, astra-west ham thur, seville-barca tues

no europa league fixtures in the top of the sidebar or ligue 1 which is starting this weekend either, no results from last nights CL games - though some of these show up in the news part
    then there's that bit all along the bottom with nothing, maybe they'll use it as a live score rolling ticker or something. so far it looks a bit of a mess/poorly done to me

batistuta9 wrote: »
    i don't like it! Don't think it's the right style for a channel like this, not one where you're going to be looking to watch the content on it properly.
    Bundesliga 2 replay on now in the image. & it appears to be a WIP, i think anyway.

sidebar top is looping: prem fix week 1, prem fix week 2, CL qualifier fix (tonight), scot prem results week 1

sidebar bottom is looping: man u- tottenham sat, qurabag- celtic tonight, ufc sat, vitesse-southampton thurs, astra-west ham thur, seville-barca tues

no europa league fixtures in the top of the sidebar or ligue 1 which is starting this weekend either, no results from last nights CL games - though some of these show up in the news part
    then there's that bit all along the bottom with nothing, maybe they'll use it as a live score rolling ticker or something. so far it looks a bit of a mess/poorly done to me

Good heavens, is that suppose to be one of their channels or a Sky Sports news type.

If it's a normal channel u can discount that, don't know how u could watch that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭irishchris

P_Cash wrote: »
    Good heavens, is that suppose to be one of their channels or a Sky Sports news type.

If it's a normal channel u can discount that, don't know how u could watch that

assume it is just like this when showing replayed matches. I watched wofsburg v bayern on it at weekend and it was full picture and top quality during the live match. they may well use this channel like this for champions league matches as all matches will be on their separate streams using the red button and i would imagine without this ticker but could well see them using the ticker and sidebar whilst showing goals as they happen on this channel. Or at least imo it would be a good idea :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Sky Sports win La Liga rights! ... Unbelievable ... Some very embarrassed journalists out there!

irishfeen wrote: »
    Sky Sports win La Liga rights! ... Unbelievable ... Some very embarrassed journalists out there!

That or a BT executive lol

Price of Setanta Sports pack on UPC goes up to €21pm with launch of BT Sport Europe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

MUFC v WBA is not live on setanta at 3pm on Nov 7th 2015 as Europa league losers West Ham v Everton is on instead

It won't affect me as I will be at the game in person

I got a sky sports satellite subscriber to be a multi-room with me so it costs me €125 for the year

ftakeith wrote:
    I got a sky sports satellite subscriber to be a multi-room with me so it costs me €125 for the year

How far away from the subscriber do you live? Often thought of pulling this stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭yknaa

sugarman wrote: »
    I caved and signed up for the year, not arsed with the messing around every few months trying to get deals out of them and subsequently missing games I want to watch while it lapsed.

Anyway, it says

Annual Package - €1 for first month then €225 per year

So does that mean im getting 13 months for €226 in total?

Or am I missing something?

Sounds correct. Was €199 plus €1 for 13 months last year.

ftakeith wrote: »
    MUFC v WBA is not live on setanta at 3pm on Nov 7th 2015 as Europa league losers West Ham v Everton is on instead

It won't affect me as I will be at the game in person

Unless the two boxes are connected permanently to the same phone line to allow call backs to the box, they don't allow this

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Have you tried it? Often they say these things to put you off it but in reality it might work.

Yip. I'm ccorrect.

If no phone line, then u need internet, , wifi or network

If both boxes aren't connected for random tests, ull start receiving letters.

Next step will be the original contract holder been billed for 2 full subs

If it worked ud have very few subs, and thousands of multirooms, lol

P_Cash wrote:

P_Cash wrote:

How often are these random tests?

Only hear say I know, but a fella at work told me he was doing it with his neighbour, on UPC though, or Chours (same crowd?)

• Advertisement

Can we leave this point please? It's against the T&Cs

ESPN showing their first Premier League game since May 2013 today, simulcasting BT Sport 1 for reasons best known to BT. Maybe they're stuck for something to show.

Picture on Setanta HD for the Premier League games is brilliant! ... finally I can say it - Well done Setanta!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,547 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

3pm game looks great in HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Does anyone have any idea when BT Sport Europe will be added to UPC?

I thought it would happen automatically but it hasn't happened yet.

That is the million dollar question, deal was done nearly a week ago, problem is apparently at UPC's end now. Didn't stop them putting up the price immediately though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Picture on Setanta HD for the Premier League games is brilliant! ... finally I can say it - Well done Setanta!

I actually think its a poor picture for HD ,nowhere near as good as some of the stuff they were showing on the channel earlier in the week.
    Saying that the picture on the Utd match on BT earlier was also poor.

I actually think its a poor picture for HD ,nowhere near as good as some of the stuff they were showing on the channel earlier in the week.
    Saying that the picture on the Utd match on BT earlier was also poor.
    Setanta HD running at 10.4Mb/s which is very decent for HD channels... To put in in perspective,

Sky Living HD is averaging 8.1Mb/s, RTÉ2HD running at 11.9Mb/s, BBC One HD averaging as low as 5.1Mb/s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Setanta HD running at 10.4Mb/s which is very decent for HD channels... To put in in perspective,

Sky Living HD is averaging 8.1Mb/s, RTÉ2HD running at 11.9Mb/s, BBC One HD averaging as low as 5.1Mb/s.

Is BBC HD the lowest bitrate HD channel in Europe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

I actually think its a poor picture for HD ,nowhere near as good as some of the stuff they were showing on the channel earlier in the week. Saying that the picture on the Utd match on BT earlier was also poor.

I haven't seen the HD picture, but isn't it the sunny conditions and the glare from the pitch that make the picture poor?

Advertisement