Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

sigmundv wrote: »
    I haven't seen the HD picture, but isn't it the sunny conditions and the glare from the pitch that make the picture poor?

Yes the sun didnt help but it wasnt a good feed to begin with ,from comparing to another HD feed I saw.
    Picture on BT for Utd match was very poor too in comparison to foreign feed.
    It almost looked upscaled sd at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

It's poor when HD is wrapped up with advertising and naming of a channel only to be good standard def signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Setanta feed for the 3pm yesterday was the best HD feed I've came across on satellite for some time.

Studio looked tripe though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Setanta feed for the 3pm yesterday was the best HD feed I've came across on satellite for some time.

I thought it was an excellent picture too... to my eye it was as good as any other channel... strange that some are saying it was poor.

irishfeen wrote: »
    I thought it was an excellent picture too... to my eye it was as good as any other channel... strange that some are saying it was poor.

Ah you'll always get the boo boys no matter how good anything is. Setanta pack is top quality now.

• Advertisement

Ah you'll always get the boo boys no matter how good anything is. Setanta pack is top quality now.
    Setanta Ireland HD is badly needed on sky though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Seems some people may need a new TV or new eyes :-)

irishfeen wrote: »
    Setanta Ireland HD is badly needed on sky though!

Once I get the Premier League in HD I'm happy - don't get me wrong though, more HD would be very welcomed :)

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Seems some people may need a new TV or new eyes :-)
    I might have to go back to Optilase and see can I get a refund for the laser eye surgery :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Will they be using 3 commentators and the ref analysis nonsense for the champions league?

• Advertisement

Tugboats wrote:
    Will they be using 3 commentators and the ref analysis nonsense for the champions league?

The ref analysis is a great idea I thought? It'll be good to get the views of one of the best ever refs when we see some crazy decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

icdg wrote: »
    That is the million dollar question, deal was done nearly a week ago, problem is apparently at UPC's end now. Didn't stop them putting up the price immediately though.

When we do get it, will we have the chance to use the interactive button to be able to pick which game we want to watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

The ref analysis is a great idea I thought? It'll be good to get the views of one of the best ever refs when we see some crazy decisions.

Howard Webb's milquetoast analysis is not needed in the middle of a game, nor are three commentators, the back of Paul Scholes' head in PiP or moving the score to the bottom of the screen.

Howard Webb's milquetoast analysis is not needed in the middle of a game, nor are three commentators, the back of Paul Scholes' head in PiP or moving the score to the bottom of the screen.

Didn't realise he was giving analysis mid game? Would be great to have him as a pundit for post game though.

Didn't realise he was giving analysis mid game? Would be great to have him as a pundit for post game though.

A screen pops up so you can even see him while he waffles on during the game:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I thought they tried that referee analysis nonsense before and were inundated with complaints? Why would they do it again?

lertsnim wrote: »
    I thought they tried that referee analysis nonsense before and were inundated with complaints? Why would they do it again?

Plenty of complaints yesterday so hopefully its dropped. They just need to broadcast the games they paid for without gimmicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Setanta HD picture quality has been very good since it launched but that match yesterday was not good.
    Setanta HD is an excellent addition .

Baffling how you can say its the best HD feed you have seen in some time ,it was sun drenched ,and completely washed out .
    There was very little detail even in close up shots.

There were alot of complaints online yesterday about the poor picture on BT for the Utd match btw.

Setanta HD picture quality has been very good since it launched but that match yesterday was not good.
    Setanta HD is an excellent addition .

Baffling how you can say its the best HD feed you have seen in some time ,it was sun drenched ,and completely washed out .
    There was very little detail even in close up shots.

There were alot of complaints online yesterday about the poor picture on BT for the Utd match btw.

Watched both games and they were superb. Samsung TV I have was a months wages and on both channels was superb yesterday.

Had NBC Live Sports Extra on today and wasn't the same, just a little better than Setanta SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I didn't realise that NBC Live Sports Extra was legally available in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Its not, and let that be the end of that conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

digiman wrote: »
    When we do get it, will we have the chance to use the interactive button to be able to pick which game we want to watch?

Anyone?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Only UPC know the answer for certain. But they never offered that option when Sky had the rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭irishchris

seems bt sport extra 1-5 are being broadcast in test at minute. obviously for champs league coverage

irishchris wrote: »
    seems bt sport extra 1-5 are being broadcast in test at minute. obviously for champs league coverage

On UPC yes?

It is 1-6 on satellite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

It is 1-6 on satellite.

I hope setanta HD on satellite has some of those red button games like

Lazio v leverkusan next tuesday instead of MUFC and I am a MUFC fan

valencia v monaco next wednesday instead of celtic

It is 1-6 on satellite.

Frequency for that please bud?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Untied have bt sport europe hd

Lazio game bt sport extra red button job

Liveonsat.com lads

• Advertisement

Frequency for that please bud?

1 is on 11082 H 22.0 5/6
    2-6 are on 11343 H 27.5 2/3

All of them showing a BT Sport Extra logo with a DOG in the bottom right hand corner.

Advertisement