Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭irishchris

On UPC yes?
    It is satellite only at min i'm afraid.

Frequenices for the bt sport extra channels are:

extra 1 - 11082 H 22000 5/6
    extra 2 - 11344 H 27500 2/3
    extra 3 - 11344 H 27500 2/3
    extra 4 - 11344 H 27500 2/3
    extra 5 - 11344 H 27500 2/3
    extra 6 - 11344 H 27500 2/3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

P_Cash wrote: »
    Untied have bt sport europe hd

Lazio game bt sport extra red button job

Liveonsat.com lads

but setanta Ire and setanta HD will have live games also on tuesdays, wednesday and thursdays

ftakeith wrote: »
    but setanta Ire and setanta HD will have live games also on tuesdays, wednesday and thursdays

dont think they will? as far as i can see it is only on the bt sport extra channels and bt sport europe which are avaialble on the setanta package but not directly on the setanta channels themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I am sure that the Setanta channels will show games for the Champions League proper. That is a nice wad of advertising money and now they aren't restricted to whatever RTE or TV3 don't want so they can compete and certainly could with TV3 in homes that have Setanta.

lertsnim wrote: »
    I am sure that the Setanta channels will show games for the Champions League proper. That is a nice wad of advertising money and now they aren't restricted to whatever RTE or TV3 don't want so they can compete and certainly could with TV3 in homes that have Setanta.

I took it that the coverage of all games would only be on bt sports europe and extra 1-6 so dont see how setanta could have the rights as they did not pay for them. bt sports are on setanta so thats why setanta can advertise having the champions league as bt are part of their pack. I may be wrong but thats how I took it. rte still have rights to wednesday night game and tv3 have tuesday game.

Does anyone know if bt are planning on showing the matches on extra 1-6 on a HD variant or only sd

• Advertisement

irishchris wrote: »
    dont think they will? as far as i can see it is only on the bt sport extra channels and bt sport europe which are avaialble on the setanta package but not directly on the setanta channels themselves?

setanta will have live games as it was confirmed months ago

ftakeith wrote: »
    setanta will have live games as it was confirmed months ago

where is this confirmed. i have found many links that setanta say we have the rights for champions league in our pack as bt sports have secured the rights. I take this that bt sports have them but they are available on the setanta pack on bt.

could be wrong though. have you the link that says they will be on setanta channels as opposed to setanta pack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

These Champions league games are to be on the "Setanta Pack". That could easily mean just BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Setanta have a champions league game scheduled on ireland and 1 for next tuesday on the tv guide

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

To confirm, it is Setanta (along with RTE/TV3) and not BT that are the Irish rights holders.

On a related note it appears BT Sport Europe will launch on UPC on 18th August. No BT Sport Extra it seems after a hastily reworded UPC website removed references to showing all the games.

• Advertisement

lazio v leverkusan confirmed for setanta ire not setanta hd on satellite next tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

anyone watching bt sport europe hd? pictures better than the standard channel but the sound is the exact same. not impressed at all.

the adverts on there are in hd sound and much better than the standard channel. but what good is that

its just the studio. pitchside the blonde sounded much better. hopefully same applies to the match itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

icdg wrote: »
    To confirm, it is Setanta (along with RTE/TV3) and not BT that are the Irish rights holders.

I understand that, as that is exactly what it says on the UEFA website as those are the results of the tendering process.

Ireland always appears to be a special case with respect to the winners of the UK rights who also broadcast matches to Ireland as well. I got in a discussion with another boards members just after BT Sport won the Champions League and Europa League rights, my opinion was that while Ireland was never mentioned in any press release. BT Sport would have the rights for Ireland as well without them paying any additional money to Uefa. Suffice to say the other member had an opposing view. I am just interested tonight on the night that BT Sport broadcast their 1st match under the contract that they won for European football coverage for this season and the next two are their any boards members who still think that Ireland is not also bundled in with the UK rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

ianburke wrote: »
    anyone watching bt sport europe hd? pictures better than the standard channel but the sound is the exact same. not impressed at all.

the adverts on there are in hd sound and much better than the standard channel. but what good is that

its just the studio. pitchside the blonde sounded much better. hopefully same applies to the match itself.

The HD picture on RTE is better than BT too for the match.

For those on UPC who want to watch BT's inaugaral coverage of tonight's Super Cup (though RTE are showing it too), it is being simulcast on ESPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

switched over to watch the game on ZDF on astra 19.2 best hd picture out there

kooga wrote: »
    switched over to watch the game on ZDF on astra 19.2 best hd picture out there

Yip ,excellent picture on that.
    BT HD picture has deteriorated this season ,probably to make the UHD look better than it actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

The HD picture on RTE is better than BT too for the match.

didnt know it was on rte2. just switched it on there and your right. its much crisper. not sure what they are playing at. it seems sme of the coverage is hd while other parts arent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

My ears are bleeding from listening to Owen Hargreaves contradict himself through the whole game! Hope he isn't going to be on for all the big games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

lertsnim wrote: »
    1 is on 11082 H 22.0 5/6
    2-6 are on 11343 H 27.5 2/3

All of them showing a BT Sport Extra logo with a DOG in the bottom right hand corner.

Out of interest whats the channel name for "1"

Have the rest no problem, their dog has 2-6 on screen.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

BT Sport Extra 1

Decided I'd watch highlights of the Super Cup on BT I taped last night ,not knowing the result.
    They showed the match in a horrible Sky Sports News style with the main picture not occupying the full screen.
    Incredibly as I was watching the start of the match I saw the result flashing across the bottom of the screen numerous times .
    Amateurs.:mad:

It's been the subject of numerous complaints, so not sure how long it will last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

icdg wrote: »
    It's been the subject of numerous complaints, so not sure how long it will last.
    If form is anything to go by, BT will ignore the complaints and leave it like that.

Decided I'd watch highlights of the Super Cup on BT I taped last night ,not knowing the result.
    They showed the match in a horrible Sky Sports News style with the main picture not occupying the full screen.
    Incredibly as I was watching the start of the match I saw the result flashing across the bottom of the screen numerous times .
    Amateurs.:mad:

you should have recorded the match of the live transmission
    the repeat showings will have the ticker

Decided I'd watch highlights of the Super Cup on BT I taped last night ,not knowing the result. They showed the match in a horrible Sky Sports News style with the main picture not occupying the full screen. Incredibly as I was watching the start of the match I saw the result flashing across the bottom of the screen numerous times . Amateurs.

With all the technology these days, I'm surprised you got that far without getting the result somewhere. Gone are the days of avoiding the scores till Match of the day.

You were better off not watching the live transmission anyway, as you would of had to endure 120 minutes of Owen Hargreaves!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭yknaa

ComfortKid wrote: »
    With all the technology these days, I'm surprised you got that far without getting the result somewhere. Gone are the days of avoiding the scores till Match of the day.

MAde me think of The Likely Lads and no hiding place ;-)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0747126/

You were better off not watching the live transmission anyway, as you would of had to endure 120 minutes of Owen Hargreaves!

Watched the game on RTÉ hd. Great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 alan 1968

looks like Setanta Go is going to be released sometime in September.Making it harder and harder to get deals of them.They have come a long way in the last few years all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Brian017

alan 1968 wrote: »
    looks like Setanta Go is going to be released sometime in September.Making it harder and harder to get deals of them.They have come a long way in the last few years all the same

Where did you hear this? Do you know whether it'll be the full pack or just the 2 Setanta branded channels?

• Advertisement

Brian017 wrote:
    Where did you hear this? Do you know whether it'll be the full pack or just the 2 Setanta branded channels?

I'd say the BT will come with it, surley? Most of the setanta subscribers are only subscribed for BT

Advertisement