Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Radiowaves take a 48 hour ban for on thread questioning of moderation. I don't intend to derail this thread by going into an on thread discussion of the facts of and judgement in Murphy v Media Protection Services but for so long as it remains an express term of a viewers contract with Setanta Sports that a viewing card not be used outside the Republic of Ireland then we will continue to enforce that rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Channel ID for those who are interested for the BT Sports Extra Channels on satellite.

I know some of the guys have already thrown the frequency up already so thanks.

BT Sports Extra 1
    11082 H 22000 5/6

2(53220)
    3(53230)
    4(53240)
    5(53250)
    6(53260)
    11344 H 27500 2/3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Legitimate question here, if its against terms and conditions to watch sky outside Ireland and British isles, why do they transmit the premium channels on an extremely powerful European beam?

Why not just transmit on uk spot beams completely?

That will do away with the hundreds of thousands of people all over Europe (ex pats and pubs) receiving sky platform?

In fact to note, since astra 2G the European beam is far stronger than its ever been.

I'm getting 17.8db on certain channels since the switchover from 2A to 2G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭galtee boy

snaps wrote: »
    Legitimate question here, if its against terms and conditions to watch sky outside Ireland and British isles, why do they transmit the premium channels on an extremely powerful European beam?

Why not just transmit on uk spot beams completely?

That will do away with the hundreds of thousands of people all over Europe (ex pats and pubs) receiving sky platform?

In fact to note, since astra 2G the European beam is far stronger than its ever been.

I'm getting 17.8db on certain channels since the switchover from 2A to 2G.

Because I read somewhere that its estimated that there are at least a half a million Sky subscriptions being used outside the UK and ROI, mainly in Spain by expats, pubs etc. Sky are obviously turning a blind eye, not wanting to lose 500,000 subs at an average of say €900 each per year = €450m !

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

galtee boy wrote: »
    Because I read somewhere that its estimated that there are at least a half a million Sky subscriptions being used outside the UK and ROI, mainly in Spain by expats, pubs etc. Sky are obviously turning a blind eye, not wanting to lose 500,000 subs at an average of say €900 each per year = €450m !

Average of €900 ?? I doubt that. Multi room sub's for the vast majority. More like €180. Not chump change either though.

• Advertisement

Its a legitimate question alright, but you need to aim it more closely at BT Sport or Setanta if you want to ask it in this thread and tbh its one for the Satellite forum really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭galtee boy

marvsins wrote: »
    Average of €900 ?? I doubt that. Multi room sub's for the vast majority. More like €180. Not chump change either though.

Do you not need to keep a multiroom box connected to a phone line / broadband connection anymore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

galtee boy wrote: »
    Do you not need to keep a multiroom box connected to a phone line / broadband connection anymore ?

Nope not in Ireland anyway. Never have mine connected. If it wasn't for broadband who would even have a phone line anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Anyone finding them budging any bit on the annual prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Anyone finding them budging any bit on the annual prices?

No not yet. They said lowest is 199.

• Advertisement

GY A1 wrote: »
    No not yet. They said lowest is 199.

Ah that's for the SD isn't it? I think €180 (15 p/m) would have been decent for the HD annual package.

BT Sport Europe should be available on EPG #413 for UPC customers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Brian017

So will the other matches be available on the red button tonight on Sky because I can't find the Extra channels on their frequencies anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Those channels are still there so you must be searching with the wrong parameters.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

lertsnim wrote: »
    Those channels are still there so you must be searching with the wrong parameters.

I do believe they've been hidden from being a able to be added to other channels on Sky boxes, in a similar fashion to how the Sky Sports RB channels cannot be tuned in. Shame BT haven't been able to take advantage of the red button recording feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Anyone else not get the channel yet? I subscribed to the Setanta pack last Saturday, so I have all the other BT channels, but no sign of BT Sport Europe this evening. Do I need to reset the set top box for it to appear? I'm on MMDS as opposed to cable, don't have Horizon and I'm not a HD subsriber (beginning to see why I might not have the channel!) if any of those details help.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 reddevils10

Will any Irish channels show the Europa League or do BT show free to air.

TV3 will show one game on Tuesday night and RTE2 one game on Wednesday night and the final. If you're on UPC Setanta Ireland will likely show at least one game each match day (they can, if they like, show all of them). BT are meant to be showing certain games free to air, on Freeview (UK DTT) this will be done through BT Sport Showcase but arrangements for satellite and cable have not been announced (and will likely not cover Ireland either - though if it is truly free to air they cannot stop Irish satellite viewers watching).

Mental_Legend it may not have been added to MMDS, as it is being wound down and will close down in April. You're best to confirm with UPC.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Has BT 1 and 2 and Europe HD changed frequency today? Cant find anything online to confirm, they were working fine on the weekend but now they are showing as tune failed while the SD versions are still working

Has BT 1 and 2 and Europe HD changed frequency today? Cant find anything online to confirm, they were working fine on the weekend but now they are showing as tune failed while the SD versions are still working

Same here. I checked the usual sites but no frequency changes there.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

lertsnim wrote: »
    Same here. I checked the usual sites but no frequency changes there.

This is strange but I just ran autobouquets on my box and its back working again, same frequency as before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

icdg wrote: »
    BT Sport Europe should be available on EPG #413 for UPC customers now.

I checked and there is no no channel 413.

Anyone else having the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

New

11973 V sr 29500 dvb-s2 3/4

Btsports 1 , 2 and Europe Hd

Stunning HD :)

I wonder will we be getting the Ultra HD channel from BT Sport on Sky? Might be reason to finally get a 4K TV.

I suspect that even if Sky have the right equipment then BT would keep that exclusive to BT TV customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

FourFourFM wrote:
    I wonder will we be getting the Ultra HD channel from BT Sport on Sky? Might be reason to finally get a 4K TV.

I don't see this happening as BT want to keep some content exclusive to BT broadband customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I think the ultra HD is bb only via BT home.

Wouldn't a new set top box be required for 4k or can a normal HD box decode it?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

snaps wrote: »
    I think the ultra HD is bb only via BT home.

Wouldn't a new set top box be required for 4k or can a normal HD box decode it?
    Yeah, a new box required, which Sky are working on, I believe.

byte wrote: »
    Yeah, a new box required, which Sky are working on, I believe.

Get HD for €15 p/m or else our 4K package for an additional €30 p/m :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Get HD for €15 p/m or else our 4K package for an additional €30 p/m :D
    That's the spirit! :pac:

Wasn't it a condition to get the 3D channel, you had to subscribe to all Sky premium channels (Sky World) and HD? Nearly sure that was the case.

Advertisement