Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

byte wrote:
    Wasn't it a condition to get the 3D channel, you had to subscribe to all Sky premium channels (Sky World) and HD? Nearly sure that was the case.

Correct, 3D was only available with Sky World + HD. UHD (4K) will definitely be the same. Anyway, can't be long until HD becomes the new SD, but that's a discussion for another time and another place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

As I understand it some matches in the CL will be unencrypted on satellite and so FTA as well as being shown on BT Showcase (freeview). Out of interest was the Lazio match geo-blocked on BT in ROI last night (it was red button only)as it was also shown on Setanta (not geo-blocked here in NI)?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Nope, nothing geoblocked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

As I understand it some matches in the CL will be unencrypted on satellite and so FTA as well as being shown on BT Showcase (freeview). Out of interest was the Lazio match geo-blocked on BT in ROI last night (it was red button only)as it was also shown on Setanta (not geo-blocked here in NI)?

I watched the game live on the red button instead of MUFC

Valencia game live tonight on the red button instead of celtic

Valencia is on Setanta Ireland too. I found the red button app slightly sluggish so Setanta Ireland is a good option for those who wish to flick between the two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

For anyone watching BT on Dreambox - BT Red Button Channels -

11344 H 27500 BT Sport Extra 2 to 6 for red button services. Labels 53220, 53230, 53240, 53250, 53260 53297.

Dreambox Edit ... Find and select the above channels and change channel status from "Data" to "TV" to watch them on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BT have won the rights to the next Ashes Tour and Australian cricket in an £80 million deal.

Cricket might not be my sport of choice but that figure shows BT are prepared to go toe to toe and beat Sky to sports rights.

Seems to be a lot of money for rights to sport which will be predominantly played during the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

icdg wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of money for rights to sport which will be predominantly played during the night.

That along with UFC and the American sports mean it's target market is drunks and owls. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,547 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Big get here for BT.

BT Sport wins Ashes cricket TV rights
    Broadcaster BT Sport says it has secured the live rights to the 2017-18 Ashes cricket series as part of a five-year deal with Cricket Australia.
    The deal means it will show all Australia's Test matches, one-day internationals and Twenty20 games.
    Delia Bushell, BT TV and BT Sport boss, said they were "delighted" to be adding international cricket to its line-up, and to cover the next Ashes tour

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34038149

• Advertisement

Ugh Cricket...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

zerks wrote: »
    Cricket might not be my sport of choice but that figure shows BT are prepared to go toe to toe and beat Sky to sports rights.

It shows they have a very poor understanding of what things are worth. That's insane money for an event that will take place when most are asleep. The Aussie cricket board must have been roaring with laughter after that contract was signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭muffler

lertsnim wrote: »
    It shows they have a very poor understanding of what things are worth. That's insane money for an event that will take place when most are asleep. The Aussie cricket board must have been roaring with laughter after that contract was signed.
    You have to understand that cricket is a hell of a lot bigger in England where the audience is being targeted by BT Sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

muffler wrote: »
    You have to understand that cricket is a hell of a lot bigger in England where the audience is being targeted by BT Sport.

Cricket viewing figures are in serious decline in the UK though.
    Hardly anyone goes to matches either .

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/jul/12/ashes-sky-england-australia-ecb-tv

I am well aware of its popularity but that wasn't the point I was making.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Infoanon

From BTs point of view its another sports event that Sky no longer has - Skys offering starting to look a little bare......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The first FTA match shown on BT Sport Showcase will be Club Brugge vs Man United. The same match as RTE2 on Wednesday night.

BT Sport Showcase is also confirmed to be shown on Virgin Media in the UK from September on channel number 548. It is testing on there now as 'BT Sport Free'.

I am well aware of its popularity but that wasn't the point I was making.
    If you're aware of its popularity then what was the point you were making so?

Lets stop that argument before it starts please

If you're aware of its popularity then what was the point you were making so?

That they pay too much for rights. They already payed way over the odds for the Champions League but that cannot be ignored purely on the fact that football is popular. Paying over the odds for cricket isn't ok because it is popular.
    icdg wrote: »
    Lets stop that argument before it starts please

Who's arguing?

• Advertisement

That they pay too much for rights. They already payed way over the odds for the Champions League but that cannot be ignored purely on the fact that football is popular. Paying over the odds for cricket isn't ok because it is popular.
    I hear what you're saying and agree to a point. Paying over the odds for the rights to screen any sport is wrong but sadly thats the way business is. I was only pointing out that cricket has a much wider audience in the UK (I think anyhow) and hence BT's splash out on that sport.

Who's arguing?
    Correct :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

I really think the 'setanta pack on sky' is better value than sky sports

I actually watched a few EPL live games so far this season and I found it ver poor

La Liga live game, Bilbao v Barcelona was much better on SS3

Fiorentina v AC Milan was also much better live on BT Sport

I will downgrade to the 'Sky sport 2 only package' that includes SS2, SS3 and SS4 in December 2015 when I am in the last month of my half price sky sports offer or Sky might offer me another half price deal for another few months

Furthermore
    Has anyone noticed that apart from live EPL, live Belgium league and the LOI 's live games, there is no French/Italian live games this season on setanta Ire.
    I watched the 4pm live french league saturdays games on setanta Ire last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

New yearly sub taken today from my account. So far the football on BT has been fantastic, I'd pay 225 for BT a year no problem, big bonus having the 3pm in HD on Premier HD too.

Superb pack

Any monthly deals going around? Paying €22 a month and need to cut costs, but I really don't want to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

yep im happy with it too. was an awful hassle finding streams last few seasons. few of the pundits like rio and scholesy need a bit of speech therapy but im sure that will come in time. great to have lineker too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

martyos121 wrote: »
    Any monthly deals going around? Paying €22 a month and need to cut costs, but I really don't want to cancel.

Ring them and say you're cancelling. You'll get a discount, I have done in the past. 10 quid a month across the summer though mind.

Ring them and say you're cancelling. You'll get a discount, I have done in the past. 10 quid a month across the summer though mind.

Yeah I might try it, but they have leverage over me with PL, CL and big UFC events on these days. Might give them the whole "I was only paying to watch the MLS and now Sky have it" spiel and see where that gets me! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

current retention offer when you ring and cancel is €12.99 a month for two months.
    Not sure what the outbound offer is .....................as i am waiting on them to ring me before my sub is switched off.

New - They have changed frequency again!

11386 V 29500 3/4 DVB S2 QPSK

BT Sport 1 HD UK
    BT Sport 1 HD in Pubs
    50662 (BT Sport 1 HD same stream as main channel)
    50663 (BT Sport 1 HD same stream as main channel)
    BT Sport 2 HD UK
    BT Sport 2 HD in Pubs
    BT Sport Europe HD UK
    BT Sport Europe HD in Pubs
    50682 (BT Sport Europe HD same stream as main channel)
    50683 (BT Sport Europe HD same stream as main channel)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

irishfeen wrote: »
    New - They have changed frequency again!

11386 V 29500 3/4 DVB S2 QPSK

BT Sport 1 HD UK
    BT Sport 1 HD in Pubs
    50662 (BT Sport 1 HD same stream as main channel)
    50663 (BT Sport 1 HD same stream as main channel)
    BT Sport 2 HD UK
    BT Sport 2 HD in Pubs
    BT Sport Europe HD UK
    BT Sport Europe HD in Pubs
    50682 (BT Sport Europe HD same stream as main channel)
    50683 (BT Sport Europe HD same stream as main channel)

How about SD channels? I'm getting tune failed

Advertisement