Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

snaps wrote: »
    How about SD channels? I'm getting tune failed

Even worse......uk beams. No signal for me on that new frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

How about SD channels? I'm getting tune failed
    11082 H 22000 5/6 DVB-S

Just Checked to confirm on my box for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

irishfeen wrote: »
    11082 H 22000 5/6 DVB-S

Just Checked to confirm on my box for you.

How do you tune it in?

Even worse......uk beams. No signal for me on that new frequency.
    Just to upset you further :)

Just checked the signal here for that transponder -

SNR - 100%
    AGC - 99%

phkk wrote: »
    How do you tune it in?
    What box are you using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

What box are you using?

Sky+HD..... Is this to add BT sport? Cheers

phkk wrote: »
    Sky+HD..... Is this to add BT sport? Cheers
    You don't have to add them to Sky Boxes ... sky automatically update their boxes. Channels will clear if you have a Setanta/BT subscription.

Sd channels still on Euro beam. Why all these changes. There will be a lot of Ex Pats unhappy now!

Sd channels still on Euro beam. Why all these changes. There will be a lot of Ex Pats unhappy now!
    I assume you have lost the BBC's too? they seem to be moving channels to the tight Astra 2E where picking it up even in Mid-South France is difficult.

Yes they went in February (I think). Even a 2.5m dish wont get them here now. I know pubs in Krakow that have lost them on 2.5m dishes.

• Advertisement

Yes they went in February (I think). Even a 2.5m dish wont get them here now. I know pubs in Krakow that have lost them on 2.5m dishes.
    Yeah I have read that... to be honest this is only the start of it I think. You should probably consider IPTV if you are serviced by Fibre broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

BTs almost weekly changes are ridiculous. Even Irish TV didn't change that often.

lertsnim wrote: »
    BTs almost weekly changes are ridiculous. Even Irish TV didn't change that often.
    Yeah that's 2 complete transponder changes in 2 weeks... hopefully for snaps he/she might see another change.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Signed today, for the 2 month deal, first month €1 then €25, going to cancel so after two months is up hopefully they will offer €12.99

When should i cancel this?

P_Cash wrote: »
    Signed today, for the 2 month deal, first month €1 then €25, going to cancel so after two months is up hopefully they will offer €12.99

When should i cancel this?
    I think you have to give them 30 days notice so about the 28th next month I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Very nice HD picture on Setanta HD today.
    Razor sharp and not washed out like previous few weeks.

Yeah I have read that... to be honest this is only the start of it I think. You should probably consider IPTV if you are serviced by Fibre broadband.

I'm currently trying it out. But no fibre here in the Polish alps!

I don't understand why encrypted channels are going on the spot beam?

The FTA channels I can understand. The amount of pubs/clubs/ex pats like me must be worth millions of pounds/euros to sky/BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I'm currently trying it out. But no fibre here in the Polish alps!

I installed it at my parents house out in the country they have about 5-6mb and it works great.

Bein Sports 11 HD is great, shows all the goals going in as I was watching Chelsea today.

Pretty poor picture on BT again today for the Everton Chelsea match.
    Both SD and HD are poor.

They seem to have deliberately downgraded the Premier League matches picture quality this season in a ploy to promote Ultra HD.
    Other leagues are excellent picture quality but their Premier league output is poor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I'm not sure why they need four commentators either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭swoofer

yeah and I think sky have upped their hd so cant wait for the liverpool game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 reddevils10

just saw that setanta are showing celtic v ajax in the europa league free to air, so will setanta show a el game free every week?

Depends on whether it was a condition of them getting exclusivity, or they are just doing it as a taster.

Can't help but be impressed at the effort BT are putting in tonight, between BT Sport Europe (which started with a "pre game show" at 6:00pm), BT Sport 2, and the Redzone style Goals Show on ESPN. Setanta are also showing two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

anyone watching the euro extra games live? tghe hd channels are fine but check out the psg one the picture is terrible. the others arent much better but they were never that great on sky either. hd channels are fine, mind.

the extras arent actually that bad when you stand back. i was inspecting the picture up close but now that im a few metres back kits actually ok

I thought they were very bad during the play-off round, but seem to have improved tonight. Remember Setanta 1 has a game too tonight and tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

icdg wrote: »
    I thought they were very bad during the play-off round, but seem to have improved tonight. Remember Setanta 1 has a game too tonight and tomorrow.

cheers just checked there and madrid are on. 3 games in hd aint bad at all. and i presume they will keep this up with the 3 most popular ones.

only annoyance is flicking through to the extras. the picture on the two manchester games in the extras is in hd but the sound isn't. still much better than how sky had it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

ianburke wrote: »
    cheers just checked there and madrid are on. 3 games in hd aint bad at all. and i presume they will keep this up with the 3 most popular ones.

only annoyance is flicking through to the extras. the picture on the two manchester games in the extras is in hd but the sound isn't. still much better than how sky had it

The tv3 sd highlights show pic quality is poor

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone had audio problems tonight watching the CL highlights show? Kept skipping for me, but the picture was fine, and it wasn't happening on any other channel.

• Advertisement

Hopeless picture on BT HD again today for the Chelsea Arsenal match.
    It looks like upscaled sd compared to Sky Sport Germany.

Why is Bt's Premier League picture quality so poor compared to other leagues ?

Advertisement