Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭swoofer

apparently if the same game is on ultra HD BT are downgrading the HD version so the comparison is obivious ie ultra looks better. Same applies with SD on Sky. Its just a con and the broadcasters must believe it works!!

By the way are you using a sky box?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

http://sport.bt.com/beautiful-game/guardiola-in-disbelief-at-lewandowskis-famous-five-91364006437934

I find the bundesliga is more watchable than the English premier league

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

ftakeith wrote: »
    http://sport.bt.com/beautiful-game/guardiola-in-disbelief-at-lewandowskis-famous-five-91364006437934

I find the bundesliga is more watchable than the English premier league

The picture quality for the Bundesliga on BT is far superior to the EPL ,thats for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Superb picture on BT HD yet again for today's match.

Superb picture on BT HD yet again for today's match.

Compared to other channels showing the match its an average picture at best
    BT's EPL HD picture quality is not good .

• Advertisement

Compared to other channels showing the match its an average picture at best
    BT's EPL HD picture quality is not good .

Na wouldn't agree :) Had a look at Cyfra & Sky Ger HD and BT just edges it on my TV.

Na wouldn't agree :) Had a look at Cyfra & Sky Ger HD and BT just edges it on my TV.

Canal + Spain HD looks better to me :P

Canal + Spain HD looks better to me :P

Love that pack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Love that pack :)

For the option of having no commentary it is the best of all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Its good to see the Setanta are offering one Europa League match FTV.

Spurs v Monaco is the FTV match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

have setanta announced more of the their 3pm Premier League kick-offs

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭boris george

wadacrack wrote: »
    have setanta announced more of the their 3pm Premier League kick-offs

3rd October: Man City v Newcastle
    17th October: Everton v Man United
    24th October: Villa v Swansea
    31st October: Swansea v Arsenal
    7th November: West Ham v Everton
    21st November: Chelsea v Norwich
    28th November: Man City v Southampton

They seem to have more of the top 4 teams this season. Last season was bizarre.

lertsnim wrote: »
    They seem to have more of the top 4 teams this season. Last season was bizarre.

selections will be much worst in the 2nd half of the season even if sky/bt take the usual live games

Man Utd fans wont be pleased on the 7th November, they play West Brom the same time Everton face West Ham.

mikeym wrote: »
    Man Utd fans wont be pleased on the 7th November, they play West Brom the same time Everton face West Ham.

MUFC fans knew this from this thread in August 2015

I will be at the game in manchester

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

They'll probably want to hold back a few man utd games until February March time.

Badabing wrote: »
    They'll probably want to hold back a few man utd games until February March time.

A pointless exercise if BT and Sky start picking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Badabing wrote: »

They didn't last year. It was mid-table games at best throughout the final 5 months IIRC

Setanta balance poor 3pm satursdays Eng Prem League games with extra Eng FA Cup games live around bbctv/BT sport's live eng fa cup games

I like the way setanta Ireland show extra live french league and italian league games around 4pm/5pm on saturdays

Setanta pack gives me live German Bundesliga games except 230 pm saturdays games and live German Cup games
    I watch the 230pm saturdays games on bet365.com as I make short odds bets to keep the account active

the goals show on champions league nights is very good

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Setanta balance poor 3pm satursdays Eng Prem League games with extra Eng FA Cup games live around bbctv/BT sport's live eng fa cup games

I like the way setanta Ireland show extra live french league and italian league games around 4pm/5pm on saturdays

Setanta pack gives me live German Bundesliga games except 230 pm saturdays games and live German Cup games
    I watch the 230pm saturdays games on bet365.com as I make short odds bets to keep the account active

the goals show on champions league nights is very good

if it were between setanta/bt versus sky sports, id take setanta/bt. every game in the CL as well

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Only discovered the Champions League Goal Show tonight, and it might just be the best thing ever. Love the studio guests as well, few great one-liners from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Davexirl

martyos121 wrote: »
    Only discovered the Champions League Goal Show tonight, and it might just be the best thing ever. Love the studio guests as well, few great one-liners from them.

Never knew about the show till you mentioned it, enjoying it too. Good man.

I enjoyed tonights show but I couldnt understand the Frenchman covering the Arsenal match he spoke too fast.

mikeym wrote: »
    I enjoyed tonights show but I couldnt understand the Frenchman covering the Arsenal match he spoke too fast.

julian lauran is easy to understand if you are a regular viewer of the 'european football show' every sunday like I am

the goals show is great between 730pm to 745pm

than I watched barca v leverkusan on setanta sports 1 HD

at half time back to the goals show

2nd half barca v leverkusan

full time analysis
    the goal show full time analysis

champions league is bearable to watch if you ignore the UK/irish mainstream tv coverage

will setanta Ireland still show 2016 British open golf before the new deal kicks in from 2017 as bbctv gave up the live rights

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

will setanta Ireland still show 2016 British open golf before the new deal kicks in from 2017 as bbctv gave up the live rights

The word on that is Sky will show the British Open live and TV highlights will be on the BBC from 2016.

Radio coverage on the BBC is unaffected.

http://www.a516digital.com/2015/09/bbc-hands-over-rights-to-live-open-golf.html

I'm not sure about Setanta Ireland though I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,547 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Does anyone know what kind of ratings BT are getting for the Champions League matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,581 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Does anyone know what kind of ratings BT are getting for the Champions League matches?

BT probably won't release those numbers to the general public I'd imagine, unless they have been exceptionally high - Only advertisers would be able to request them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They're in BARB, they don't really have a choice. (well they do, they can leave BARB...). Here you go:

http://www.barb.co.uk/whats-new/weekly-top-10

Advertisement