Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,547 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

icdg wrote: »
    They're in BARB, they don't really have a choice. (well they do, they can leave BARB...). Here you go:

http://www.barb.co.uk/whats-new/weekly-top-10

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Any news on the player becoming available online anytime soon for subscribers?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

Any news on the player becoming available online anytime soon for subscribers?

I'm guessing soon, as they seem to have their player working now on www.setantago.com

At least able to get BT Sport 1, 2 and Europe to work, Setanta 1 + Ireland are throwing up errors about acquiring the licence, so not sure if it's just because F1 and NHL are currently on both channels. BT Sport ESPN throwing up an error code too.

Not sure if the watermark is big enough....hard to spot if I'm honest

Ise0Vug.jpg?1

SetantaGo only 30 secs behind satellite feed too - Impressive.

setantago.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Won't work on iPad, need Silverlight to view on the website and no app yet. Hopefully an app is on the way.

• Advertisement

Doesn't work on Chrome yet either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

it works very good on internet explorer on sky fibre broadband, no buffering

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Setanta bizarrely showed Aston villa vs Swansea today instead of mourinhos meltdown at West ham.
    These rubbish 3pm kick offs are becoming very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Brian017

Setanta bizarrely showed Aston villa vs Swansea today instead of mourinhos meltdown at West ham.

Since their tie-in with BT Sport I think they're now restricted on the amount of times they can show each team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

It encourages people to stream the games online im afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

The setanta HD picture seems upscaled HD (not studio).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Brian017 wrote: »
    Since their tie-in with BT Sport I think they're now restricted on the amount of times they can show each team

It's always been that way they are only allowed to show a certain amount of tier 1 matches a year. Nowt to do with BT. In fact BT couldn't give a ****e what Setanta show they are worrying about different things at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

snaps wrote: »
    The setanta HD picture seems upscaled HD (not studio).

That's normal with Setanta. It's a grand HD picture for the game itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

afatbollix wrote: »
    It's always been that way they are only allowed to show a certain amount of tier 1 matches a year. Nowt to do with BT. In fact BT couldn't give a ****e what Setanta show they are worrying about different things at the moment.

What different things ?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Any sign of this Setanta Go app?

Chatting with the call centre tonight and the said Setantago on IOS would go live in about 2 weeks followed in shortly after on Android.

Chatting with the call centre tonight and the said Setantago on IOS would go live in about 2 weeks followed in shortly after on Android.

So 2017 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Brian017

martyos121 wrote: »
    So 2017 then?

Sounds about right. They're already 2 months over on their initial September launch date

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Another 3pm game on setanta which will draw little viewership.

Think I'll of load BT,
    NFL and prem games involving the usual top 5/6 teams is all that interests me

Today a few yrs back they would have the utd game.

Id even prefer the leicester game right now

P_Cash wrote: »

Think I'll of load BT,

It's a good game and both teams actually have a few fans over here, whereas I've never met one Leicester fan here ever. Could they have done better if they had their pick of the games? Yes. Do they have their pick of the games though? No, their options are limited. I'm happy with it, we're lucky to get any televised 3pm kick-offs, given the fact they don't get any in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's a good game and both teams actually have a few fans over here, whereas I've never met one Leicester fan here ever. Could they have done better if they had their pick of the games? Yes. Do they have their pick of the games though? No, their options are limited. I'm happy with it, we're lucky to get any televised 3pm kick-offs, given the fact they don't get any in the UK.

I agree my father in law was over visiting this weekend he be from London Town and delighted to see the hammers on the box.

P_Cash wrote: »

Think I'll of load BT,

I was at MUFC v west brom, the game was boring and crap

these limited setanta 3pm live games are actually better for the viewer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

If man utd stay in the Champions League after Xmas it will mean more games on a Saturday afternoon and more opportunity for Setanta to show them more, within the restrictions obviously

Badabing wrote: »
    If man utd stay in the Champions League after Xmas it will mean more games on a Saturday afternoon and more opportunity for Setanta to show them more, within the restrictions obviously

most of the MUFC live league games in 2016 will be on BT Sport/sky sport

ftakeith wrote: »
    most of the MUFC live league games in 2016 will be on BT Sport/sky sport

I wonder how many games are left for United's quota per season in the U.K?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭boris george

Setanta Sports has secured the rights to BT Sport content in the Republic of Ireland in a new multi-year agreement commencing in 2016.

The agreement ensures that Setanta Sports Pack customers will continue to receive BT Sport 1 HD, BT Sport 2 HD, ESPN on BT Sport HD and the new BT Sport Europe HD channel.

Currently Setanta Sports Pack customers have access to every UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League game, live FA Cup, live Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1 as well as 35 live European Rugby Champions Cup games, 69 Aviva Premiership Rugby games, all the big live UFC events, Moto GP and the best in live US Sports.

From August 2016, BT Sport will have 42 exclusively live Premier League Games including the 28 Saturday 5.30pm games.

“This is great news for our customers and means that sports fans in Ireland will continue to receive the great sports content that BT Sport brings to our pack,” Michael O’Rourke, co-founder and CEO of Setanta Sports said.

“The BT Sport channels have gone from strength to strength both in terms of production and sports content and our Irish customers truly value that the Setanta pack is the only place to receive these great channels.”

Delia Bushell, Managing Director of BT TV and BT Sport, added: “Setanta Sports have been great to work with over the past two and a half years and we are delighted that they will continue to carry our BT Sport channels for the long term.

“We have seen their passion for sport first hand and look forward to growing the relationship in the future.”

Setanta Sports has secured the rights to BT Sport content in the Republic of Ireland in a new multi-year agreement commencing in 2016.

The agreement ensures that Setanta Sports Pack customers will continue to receive BT Sport 1 HD, BT Sport 2 HD, ESPN on BT Sport HD and the new BT Sport Europe HD channel.

Currently Setanta Sports Pack customers have access to every UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League game, live FA Cup, live Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1 as well as 35 live European Rugby Champions Cup games, 69 Aviva Premiership Rugby games, all the big live UFC events, Moto GP and the best in live US Sports.

From August 2016, BT Sport will have 42 exclusively live Premier League Games including the 28 Saturday 5.30pm games.

“This is great news for our customers and means that sports fans in Ireland will continue to receive the great sports content that BT Sport brings to our pack,” Michael O’Rourke, co-founder and CEO of Setanta Sports said.

“The BT Sport channels have gone from strength to strength both in terms of production and sports content and our Irish customers truly value that the Setanta pack is the only place to receive these great channels.”

Delia Bushell, Managing Director of BT TV and BT Sport, added: “Setanta Sports have been great to work with over the past two and a half years and we are delighted that they will continue to carry our BT Sport channels for the long term.

“We have seen their passion for sport first hand and look forward to growing the relationship in the future.”

great news its better than sky sport

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I have a suggestion for Setanta for next season.

They should bid for the 3pm SPL rights for next season and they would get the Celtic/Rangers audience for it.

mikeym wrote: »
    I have a suggestion for Setanta for next season.

They should bid for the 3pm SPL rights for next season and they would get the Celtic/Rangers audience for it.

celtic audience maybe

I e-mailed them to show the 230pm bundesliga live games on saturdays as BT Sport has the rights for UK/Ireland but setanta could sublicence them as a soft promotional too for the setanta pack

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Depending on what goes on elsewhere, Setanta could be down to one Setanta branded channel by the time the next season starts, if Setanta and Premier Sports go their separate ways.

Advertisement