Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

icdg wrote: »
    Depending on what goes on elsewhere, Setanta could be down to one Setanta branded channel by the time the next season starts, if Setanta and Premier Sports go their separate ways.

Could even be eirSport!
    They registered eirSport.ie earlier this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Widescreen

I think Eircom takeover is bad news for the customer. I don't like their phone package offers where they give a half decent offer for six months and then hike the price.(most people probably don't even know the price will rise after six months because the print telling you this is so small)

If they run the sports channel the same way, they won't last long.

They should stick to their core business

It's ironical that Setanta have finally got something going and then sell out.

I like the fact that they will deal on the pricing - will Eircom do the same?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

There seems to be no news in regard to Setantago or is the buyout from Eir inevitable?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mikeym wrote: »
    or is the buyout from Eir inevitable?
    Whats this? :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I don't think the two are connected to be honest.

Although Setanta aren't promoting it, the desktop version of Setanta Go is online at www.setantago.com and working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,547 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Although Setanta aren't promoting it, the desktop version of Setanta Go is online at www.setantago.com and working.

It needs Silverlight to work so not available on some browsers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

setanta go works for me

I hope the setanta pack's on satellite decreases back to €200 for 12 months as the content has decreased or if they have the 230pm bundesliga live games on saturdays, the price can stay the same

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

ftakeith wrote: »
    setanta go works for me

I hope the setanta pack's on satellite decreases back to €200 for 12 months as the content has decreased or if they have the 230pm bundesliga live games on saturdays, the price can stay the same

They have had a sale for annual subscription for €129 since Friday. Bizarrely I didn't see anything about it in Bargain Alert section. I only cancelled couple weeks ago and just emailed to re subscribe with this offer. Ad says it ends Monday !

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Only offer available now is 15 euro for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Southampton V Villa is the 15.00 match today. And the big match for the rest of the world is Man United V West Ham. Shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

snaps wrote:
    Southampton V Villa is the 15.00 match today. And the big match for the rest of the world is Man United V West Ham. Shocking.

Setanta can only show teams 5 times a season.

Badabing wrote: »
    Setanta can only show teams 5 times a season.

MUfc are boring to watch now under LVG so the limited live picks are working

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

I'm paying e23 a month for the last 8 months. If I ring to cancel, will they give me a better offer like 15pm or will I have to cancel and resubscribe?

ComfortKid wrote: »
    I'm paying e23 a month for the last 8 months. If I ring to cancel, will they give me a better offer like 15pm or will I have to cancel and resubscribe?

just phone them up

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

snaps wrote: »

Not shocking in the least. We all know there are limitations to how often a team can be shown on Setanta. Also, why would any neutral want to watch a United game these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

snaps wrote: »

Spain and France aren't showing them. They have been quite boring in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

lertsnim wrote: »
    Spain and France aren't showing them. They have been quite boring in fairness

United not the main match on Bein Sports today either, it was Arsenal vs Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

If Sky have the restrictions next season for the 3pm matches Liverpool and Man Utd wont get a look in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭swoofer

amazingly the man u game today was ... exciting, one of the best 0-0 i have seen in a while, i think utd had 22 attempts .... one on target. west ham had some great chances as well, hit post twice or three times, and had the worst miss of the season.

why cant setanta have 3 pms next season as well as sky, as long as they pay??

• Advertisement

swoofer wrote: »
    why cant setanta have 3 pms next season as well as sky, as long as they pay??

Sky bought the rights. There are no more 3pm rights for Setanta to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

amazingly the man u game today was ... exciting, one of the best 0-0 i have seen in a while, i think utd had 22 attempts .... one on target. west ham had some great chances as well, hit post twice or three times, and had the worst miss of the season.

Out of interest what channel were you watching this on?

it was on 23.5east

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

lertsnim wrote: »
    Sky bought the rights. There are no more 3pm rights for Setanta to buy

Indeed and they will have to either provide a new Irish Sky Sports service or provide an Opt-out on one of their Sports channels. Not saying I told ye so but... I told ye so :)

Elmo wrote: »
    Indeed and they will have to either provide a new Irish Sky Sports service or provide an Opt-out on one of their Sports channels. Not saying I told ye so but... I told ye so :)

its sky sports 5 for the EPL live saturdays at 3pm for the opt out for sky Ire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

it was on 23.5east

Fox?

why cant setanta show a different game? when you look on livesat there are quite a few 3pm games other than the one on setanta so for next year could setanta get those? I just paid 129 euro to setanta!!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

swoofer wrote:
    why cant setanta show a different game? when you look on livesat there are quite a few 3pm games other than the one on setanta so for next year could setanta get those? I just paid 129 euro to setanta!!

They can't show games next season because they won't have rights to show any. Sky has bought the rights to show 3pm matches in Republic of Ireland next season and there are no rights left for Setanta.

The Premier League do not offer a package for other 3pm games. Besides there is only one Saturday 3pm Premier League game per territory in Europe allowed on satellite so what you propose isn't possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

So what Premier League games will Setanta be showing next season?

Advertisement