Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭muffler

So what Premier League games will Setanta be showing next season?
    None. I just posted in another thread that it was on the news there that Eir have agreed to buy Setanta and with it goes the rights to the matches including BTs rights apparently

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We've another thread dealing with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Is it possible to watch the McGregor fight on sky go if I have BT/Setanta sports package lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

LaVail wrote: »
    Is it possible to watch the McGregor fight on sky go if I have BT/Setanta sports package lads?

Nope but if you have the app <DELETED> you can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    Nope but if you have the app <DELETED> you can

Thanks dude!

• Advertisement

sssh123 take a warning. No posting details of illegal streams please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Official Setanta Go app is :-

https://www.setantago.com/

You'll need silverlight installed and Firefox/Explorer as your browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

This is only available on desktop

Seems it's also limited to one device and one change per month, which seems a bit restrictive compared to Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

3e are airing it on Monday, it should be available on TV3 player after AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Elmo wrote: »
    3e are airing it on Monday, it should be available on TV3 player after AFAIK.

No need to watch the highlights when just about everyone on social media is showing the 13 second highlights (including Setanta) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Having terrible trouble registering. My Sky card isn't associated with an active setanta account evidently, and also unable to raise a ticket with support - message wil not post.

Tried multiple browsers. No twitter support, no telehpone support (0818203040 don't help)

Having terrible trouble registering. My Sky card isn't associated with an active setanta account evidently, and also unable to raise a ticket with support - message wil not post.

Tried multiple browsers. No twitter support, no telehpone support (0818203040 don't help)

Try your Setanta account number instead.

Things have changed since I registered, they're looking for a device name & they save it for a month using the mac address as the registered device.

Got it working eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

No. It wants a nine digit number. Account no only has 7. Really head wrecking stuff.

The nine digit number should be your viewing card number.

Suppose it has to be remembered that this site has yet to be officially launched (though after two years of development they are taking their time about it).

No. It wants a nine digit number. Account no only has 7. Really head wrecking stuff.

Any joy yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Cant find any info on the Setanta website in relation to future 3pm kickoffs.

You'd swear it was a big secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mikeym wrote: »
    Cant find any info on the Setanta website in relation to future 3pm kickoffs.

You'd swear it was a big secret.
    Google is your friend...or have you even tried that :)

They are usually right there on the home page, but it doesn't seem to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

Are they not negotiating on price anymore? I called to cancel, they offered 16 as usual, I asked for 12 - the same I have been paying - and they said see ya later.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Are they not negotiating on price anymore? I called to cancel, they offered 16 as usual, I asked for 12 - the same I have been paying - and they said see ya later.

Eir might be cracking the whip already

Will Eir around July 2016 or August 2016 give their Setanta pack free to Eir Fibre Broadband customers like BT UK do?

Setanta pack only have the BT Sport's Eng Prem live games next season but there is more to it than English football.
    EFS (european football show) is the best football show on TV.

In a ideal world next season I would love Setanta Ireland to sub-licence the 230pm live Bundesliga games on saturdays from BT Sport with soft promotional of BT Sport as part of the setanta pack's content next season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭irishchris

Same thing happened me. They emailed me price of 16.99 as I had requested cancellation. I replied that I couldn't afford that but would pay the 12.99 as before and they said no sorry and your account will cease this month. To be honest with so little of the premier league season left after it expires and the fact setanta have lost the 3pms from next season I will survive without it. Plus rte/tv have champions league and will sign up to premier league pass or similar sub online. If this is eircom way of running the company they are going to have a high customer churn in the same way their phone business is losing customers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

irishchris wrote: »
    Same thing happened me. They emailed me price of 16.99 as I had requested cancellation. I replied that I couldn't afford that but would pay the 12.99 as before and they said no sorry and your account will cease this month. To be honest with so little of the premier league season left after it expires and the fact setanta have lost the 3pms from next season I will survive without it. Plus rte/tv have champions league and will sign up to premier league pass or similar sub online. If this is eircom way of running the company they are going to have a high customer churn in the same way their phone business is losing customers

I had exact same experience, told me to take a hike.

Only thing I had it for was Premiership but even at that I found that I never watched Saturday games as always had something else to be doing at those times and happy to watch MOTD later. Thinking back over the past month I only watched one of the midweek games and thats it !

They do have a lot of good programming like other European soccer leagues, UFC and US college sports, but its all stuff I simply do not watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

I'd say BT aren't happy with Setantasports loosing the 3PM games, devalues the package when compared with Sky. 160 games vs 30 or so on BT

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Joo0 wrote: »
    I'd say BT aren't happy with Setantasports loosing the 3PM games, devalues the package when compared with Sky. 160 games vs 30 or so on BT

BT should have did a deal with sky ireland, as BT are Sky's broadband wholesaler

ftakeith wrote: »
    BT should have did a deal with sky ireland, as BT are Sky's broadband wholesaler

Massive amnosity between Sky and BT over BT Sport's very existence would have prevented that.

Setanta very lucky to have BT on board with them losing 3pm Premier League next year that's for sure.

I'll be demanding a deduction in my yearly sub come June or I'll be pulling the plug.

*Double post*

An aside in a Sunday Times article about RTE's sub licensing of Euro 2016 indicated RTE could be interested in the Premier League rights currently held by Setanta. Since the 3pm rights have already been sold to Sky I can only assume this is a reference to the highlights rights, which RTE willingly gave up. Setanta only did a deal for these very close to the start of the 2013-14 season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

BT Sport Europe seems to have moved and gone onto a UK spot beam.....Bah.

Advertisement