Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

snaps wrote: »
    BT Sport Europe seems to have moved and gone onto a UK spot beam.....Bah.

If you live in Poland, you should be able to get all the live sport on pay TV cheaper than here

I have to say BT Sport 2's live coverage of Juventus v Bayern was very good as I know Arsenal had no chance against Barca
    Sky Sport downgraded the non English live games in the Champions League in their last years.

Champions League and the Europa League are massive competitions for live TV. They are much bigger than the Eng's FA Cup/League Cup

I cancelled Sky TV but I have kept my Sky Box. The sky card is still active only for the Setanta Pack. I use Now TV for the sky Sports day pass.
    Freesat/Saorview/Now TV/Setanta pack are the perfect combinations for Free TV/Pay TV on the cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

ftakeith wrote: »
    If you live in Poland, you should be able to get all the live sport on pay TV cheaper than here

I have to say BT Sport 2's live coverage of Juventus v Bayern was very good as I know Arsenal had no chance against Barca
    Sky Sport downgraded the non English live games in the Champions League in their last years.

Champions League and the Europa League are massive competitions for live TV. They are much bigger than the Eng's FA Cup/League Cup

I cancelled Sky TV but I have kept my Sky Box. The sky card is still active only for the Setanta Pack. I use Now TV for the sky Sports day pass.
    Freesat/Saorview/Now TV/Setanta pack are the perfect combinations for Free TV/Pay TV on the cheap

Yes I pay about 20€ a month for full HD package on canal+ (including HBO), but actually HD is included in all packages.

Yes I pay about 20€ a month for full HD package on canal+ (including HBO), but actually HD is included in all packages.

A great deal from Canal+

I pay 125euros for 12months of the setanta pack
    I hope the Setanta pack goes cheaper for next season

I pay 9euros per month for Sky's Entertainment pass of Now TV

I also have Freesat/Saorview

Now the BT channels have gone onto UK spot beams a lot of ex pats will be cancelling their subs along with pubs and clubs around Europe.

Its a real shame that they have moved encrypted channels onto the UK Spot beam, as now that ex pats cannot receive them they will move to other illegal methods.

But some good news for us ex pats, RTE and TV3 are now on a Europe beam!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Look, just a reminder here that discussing circumventing regional restrictions isn't allowed. I appreciate neither of you have gone into how's but it'd perhaps be better if you didn't mention it at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's legal to have a BT subscription anywhere within the European Union

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's legal to have a BT subscription anywhere within the European Union

I have agree with the moderator, ICDG

If you live outside of the UK/Ireland you are not allowed to get BT Sport

No discussion of moderation on thread, lertsnim and ftakeith warned

Ok, I'll be careful what I say here, but it is a bit strange that Pay channels (Encrypted) have gone onto a UK spot beam when its protected by encryption. I would have thought after the move by RTE onto a Europe beam that the UK spot beam is precious for Freesat broadcasting?

Perhaps if these rights are so precious then spot beams will be the future.

I wonder how the European broadcasters feel about their packages being watched outside their relevant areas?

As already mentioned watching UK/Irish TV within Europe is an expensive task considering you can get a lot more for a lot less from other main European broadcasters?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I have agree with the moderator, ICDG

If you live outside of the UK/Ireland you are not allowed to get BT Sport

But it's OK to have Now TV? Isn't that a UK only service but you keep banging on about it. That's very hypocritical of you.

Why am I after getting a warning for saying it is legal to have a sub from another EU country?

• Advertisement

Lertsnim banned for 24 hours.

Let me be absolutely clear about this one. Neither your warning nor ban is for saying that it is illegal to have a sub from another country. You are quite right in that no such criminal offence exists. Your warning is for ignoring a moderator instruction not to discuss such things (and the instruction was not based on there being a criminal offence in existence, but on the fact that BT Sport do not allow people to subscribe outside of the U.K. and Ireland), and your ban is for discussing moderation on thread.

A great draw for Setanta Ireland in the Europa League last 16 ties

I hope Liverpool v MUFC is on BT Sport and Setanta Sport 1 as its unfair for normal Setanta pack subscribers like I

loads of people in 13 days are going to be disappointed to find out its not on terrestrial tv or Sky Sport in the UK/Ire

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

A great draw for Setanta Ireland in the Europa League last 16 ties

I hope Liverpool v MUFC is on BT Sport and Setanta Sport 1 as its unfair for normal Setanta pack subscribers like I

How is unfair to you if others can see it? You pay a yearly subscription, it isn't a PPV

(and there is zero chance that this isn't on BT Sport)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Wondering can someone help me? I moved out of the family house last sept & carried a sky multi-room box with me as the house I was going into already had a sky dish.

Everything was working fine until that storm just before Xmas, all BT Sport channels dissapeared including at the races. I got on to a friend who knows abot about this & he fixed all the standard channels but couldn't get back the HD channels. I was happy with that as long as I could just watch them but during the City Kirv game weds night BT Sport 1 SD has gone now too along with BT Sport Europe but BT Sport 2 & ESPN are working.
    Anyone any suggestions about how to fix this as I'm afraid of ringing sky or Setanta in case it causes problems for the multi-room deal we have? It's driving me crazy not being able to watch it.

We can't give advice on doing something clearly in breach of Sky and Setanta's terms and conditions.

That said it should be noted that:
    The Sky and Setanta subscriptions operate independently of and are not tied to each other (other then via the viewing card).

Sky won't support the Setanta subscription directly.

At the Races is a Sky channel, not a Setanta one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

It seems you have a problem with the Dish and not the viewing card and box.

Check the signal strength of the dish which can be done by going to Settings and then by going to Signal.

icdg wrote: »
    We can't give advice on doing something clearly in breach of Sky and Setanta's terms and conditions.

That said it should be noted that:
    The Sky and Setanta subscriptions operate independently of and are not tied to each other (other then via the viewing card).

Sky won't support the Setanta subscription directly.

At the Races is a Sky channel, not a Setanta one.

When I cancelled Sky TV last week, I told Sky Ire that I will have the setanta pack after Sky TV goes inactive in 4 weeks
    The Sky Agent told me I can speak to an sky engineer to confirm that and he would talk to me in a hour
    I know it was a delay tactic

I have sky sport today for another 1 day pass through Now TV in 2 rooms in my house

Freesat/Saorview/Setanta pack/Now TV are best value for money for legal TV

ftakeith there is no need to bring up that you have Now TV (which isn't officially available here) in every post in seemingly unrelated threads. If you continue to do so I will have to consider it trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭irishchris

When I cancelled Sky TV last week, I told Sky Ire that I will have the setanta pack after Sky TV goes inactive in 4 weeks
    The Sky Agent told me I can speak to an sky engineer to confirm that and he would talk to me in a hour
    I know it was a delay tactic

I have sky sport today for another 1 day pass through Now TV in 2 rooms in my house

Freesat/Saorview/Setanta pack/Now TV are best value for money for legal TV

Cheers ftakeith hadn't known much about now TV but after reading your post I have read up on it and together with freesat it will do me and am going to ditch sky. Cheers again

Some Wales and Scotland friendlies will be shown on Premier Sports in the spring/early summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I have full Sky HD package with Setanta and BT Sports

Is Setanta Ireland not available in H??, I have Setanta HD but it doesnt show the same content as Setanta Ireland?

I can not find Setanta Ireland HD anywhere on my channel listing/guide

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Cheers

bazermc wrote: »
    I have full Sky HD package with Setanta and BT Sports

Is Setanta Ireland not available in H??, I have Setanta HD but it doesnt show the same content as Setanta Ireland?

I can not find Setanta Ireland HD anywhere on my channel listing/guide

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Cheers

Setanta Ireland HD is not available on satellite unfortunately, only on cable.

The channel labelled "Setanta HD" is actually Setanta Sports 1 (known in the UK, and branded on screen most of the time, as Premier Sports). Its a completely different channel which concentrates mainly on Australian rugby league and US/Canadian ice hockey. For Irish viewers, it has been the home of Setanta's 3pm Premier League kick offs (which will finish in May as they have lost the rights) and also broadcasts a choice of viewing during the GAA Allianz League season and UEFA Champions/Europa League group stage evenings.

Setanta have lost the 3pm Saturday games? How did I miss that news?

That's a huge nail in their coffin.

Who won the 3pm games?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Setanta Ireland HD is not available on satellite unfortunately, only on cable.

The channel labelled "Setanta HD" is actually Setanta Sports 1 (known in the UK, and branded on screen most of the time, as Premier Sports). Its a completely different channel which concentrates mainly on Australian rugby league and US/Canadian ice hockey. For Irish viewers, it has been the home of Setanta's 3pm Premier League kick offs (which will finish in May as they have lost the rights) and also broadcasts a choice of viewing during the GAA Allianz League season and UEFA Champions/Europa League group stage evenings.

Cheers. That bizarre though. For example last nights GAA matches both live, one in HD and one in SD. So the technology is obviously there...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Setanta have lost the 3pm Saturday games? How did I miss that news?

That's a huge nail in their coffin.

Who won the 3pm games?
    Sky Sports Ireland pal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭robwen

I assume there is no chance that either of the Europa League ties between Liverpool/United will be Setantas freeview offering?

robwen wrote: »
    I assume there is no chance that either of the Europa League ties between Liverpool/United will be Setantas freeview offering?

http://entertainment.ie/tv/display.asp?channelid=1061&programme=&programme_day=10+March+2016&programme_time=time6&submit=Search

I think the games are on setanta ireland

Only the highlights show is listed FTV in the EPG.
    Setanta Ireland has Dortmund v Spurs at 6 and Liverpool v Man Utd at 8 (good news for Virgin customers anyway).

Setanta 1 has Basel v Seville at 6 and Athletic Bilbao v Valencia at 8.

Setanta have launched a new website for what seems like the first time in a million years, looking a lot nicer (and with the now largely defunct country selection gone) and Setanta Go mentioned.

• Advertisement

Setanta have launched a new website for what seems like the first time in a million years, looking a lot nicer (and with the now largely defunct country selection gone) and Setanta Go mentioned.

I used the Setanta Go last week, its very good

The 'setanta pack' is better value than Sky Sport in my view.
    I watch more on BT sport.
    Live Champions League/Europa League games finally getting the coverage.

In my view, Setanta Ire's live coverage of the eng prem league is much better than BT sport's coverage

Advertisement