Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,266 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

An Tarbh wrote: »
    Don't think that's confirmed or even close to the mark, think it was someone in the Irish Times putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5, assuming that BT had the UK rights since Eir had the Irish rights. There's nothing on the BT website and the link that comes up on google saying BT have the rights only comes up with the story about Eir geting the Irish rights.

yeah, I got my info from the Irish Times. Apologies if they didn't look into it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Zardoz

kooga wrote: »
    if you take up the free setanta pack offer on the sky platform from eir it is a new 18 month contract.

Where does it state that ,I cant seem to see it .

• Registered Users Posts: 23 reddevils10

If you have eir broadband and a sky box how do you get eir sports on sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

If you have eir broadband and a sky box how do you get eir sports on sky?

https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

Alright lads. Anyone have any experience with the eir broadband. Was thinking of signing up to get that sports deal was quoted 45 a month just for broadband and pay as you go for landline as we don't even have or wouldnt even use a landline. But I was told they used to send out letters threatening to cut people off if they downloaded torrents etc so am just wondering if I would get hassle off them. We do download movies and stream on android apps etc so I wouldn't want the hassle of them as Virgin give me none at the moment. Any insights??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Theres no discussion of anything illegal here.

In addition, questions related to the broadband only and not to Eir/BT Sport should be asked in the Broadband forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

For those who dont have access to Eir Sports heres 2 snapshots of the New logo on eir sports go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Its massive!

Yup. Very big.

But no DOG on the satellite version of Eir Sport 2, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

mikeym wrote: »

Tried that, but when I put in the Sky viewing card number, I'm getting "Sorry, we were unable to process your order. Please check your details and try again. "

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,070 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So in our house we have a Sky box in the front room and an Eirvision box in the back as we are Eir broadband customers and got a deal. Went onto the Eir website registered the Sky viewing card number and all is well there, all the BT and Eir channels are working (in HD no less)
    However in the back room not so much. The Eir Sport 1 and 2 channels SD are fine (Es1 is at both 106 and 400 on the box) however neither of the Eir HD channels are working, none of the 4 main BT channels are working, and there are 6 BT extra channels at the back which are working but there's nothing on them except extra 6 which is showing BT Sport Europe.

Editc A reset of the box got the BT SD channels working but not the HD of any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Don't suppose we'll ever get eirSports1 HD on Sky no? Setanta Ireland HD never arrived so I'm not too optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

so what happens to Virgin customers who subscribe to Setanta/BT ? Will we lose these channels ? If BT and Eir is exclusive to Eir then I can see that idea folding within 6 months, no way Eir are going to get enough customers jumping ship from sky and virgin...

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Tried that, but when I put in the Sky viewing card number, I'm getting "Sorry, we were unable to process your order. Please check your details and try again. "

Any ideas?

So in case anyone else if having similar issues...

I've spoken to their online chat agent and they confirmed they're aware of the issue and suggested calling 0818 20 30 40 which I've done but they're only open 9-6 so if no joy with adding it online later I'll just call them in the morning and get them to add it at their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

mikeym wrote: »
    For those who dont have access to Eir Sports heres 2 snapshots of the New logo on eir sports go.
    To get the sports in hd are you paying the extra 5€ a month ?

flazio wrote: »
    So in our house we have a Sky box in the front room and an Eirvision box in the back as we are Eir broadband customers and got a deal. Went onto the Eir website registered the Sky viewing card number and all is well there, all the BT and Eir channels are working (in HD no less)
    However in the back room not so much. The Eir Sport 1 and 2 channels SD are fine (Es1 is at both 106 and 400 on the box) however neither of the Eir HD channels are working, none of the 4 main BT channels are working, and there are 6 BT extra channels at the back which are working but there's nothing on them except extra 6 which is showing BT Sport Europe.

Editc A reset of the box got the BT SD channels working but not the HD of any of them.
    To get hd it's an extra 5€ as part of the hd pack

Is it though? For Sky's channels/bundles sure, but eir/BT is completely separate I would have thought?

Zardoz wrote: »
    Where does it state that ,I cant seem to see it .

I asked them as I am 4 months into an existing contract and was told it was s new contract. But then the agent I spoke to could be wrong

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    so what happens to Virgin customers who subscribe to Setanta/BT ? Will we lose these channels ? If BT and Eir is exclusive to Eir then I can see that idea folding within 6 months, no way Eir are going to get enough customers jumping ship from sky and virgin...

There is no indication that Eir Sport is going to be pulled from Astra. In fact you can watch via satellite if you are an Eir broadband customer and you supply your viewing card number. The previous subscription arrangements (for Astra) continue to be available for other broadband customers.

Re Virgin Media - as of last Friday, Virgin have stopped taking new Setanta/Eir subscriptions, but the channels are still available. We understand that Setanta's carriage deal with Virgin expires on 31st July. Virgin say that the suspension is temporary and they are working to bring sports content including the Premier League. So the jury is out on what will happen there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭Delta2113

icdg wrote: »
    Yup. Very big.

But no DOG on the satellite version of Eir Sport 2, thankfully.

I must e-mail them and try and get that sorted for you. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,070 ✭✭✭✭flazio

However the HD channels are free on the sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

I find it very strange Setanta have not sent letter by post or contact customers by email about Setanta changing to Eir Sports
    It's not just a name re branding it a company ownership change

Setanta should have contacted all customers who took a subscription direct as in Sky Satellite customers about the change and when it comes into affect and their subscription payment terms if they will have any changes

They should have asked permission to pass on account and bank account details to Eir and option to cancel subscription before the change over to Eir

I not have had any direct contact from Setanta about this nor have Eir sent me any details about the change before it transfered from Setanta to Eir

Setanta should have contacted all customers before this change its not just a name re branding it's a new company ownership

Any transfer of business to a different company customers are required to be informed of the change and how it affects their existing subscription terms and conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

icdg wrote: »
    Theres no discussion of anything illegal here.

In addition, questions related to the broadband only and not to Eir/BT Sport should be asked in the Broadband forum

Torrents are not illegal. That depends on what you download.

Not per se, the post specifically mentioned downloading movies which IS illegal.

There is also no on thread discussion of moderation and the point remains that this is a forum for discussing broadcasting issues and there is another place where broadband is discussed

Ban for any further on thread discussion of this

good morning

as anybody who is an eir broadband customer and who has an annual sub to setanta on the sky platform managed to activate the free sport pack on the sky platform and get told that they will get a refund pro rata on what is outstanding on their annual sub.

I tried it this morning via the link posted and was told I need to cancel it first https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer

tks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

good morning

as anybody who is an eir broadband customer and who has an annual sub to setanta on the sky platform managed to activate the free sport pack on the sky platform and get told that they will get a refund pro rata on what is outstanding on their annual sub.

I tried it this morning via the link posted and was told I need to cancel it first https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer

tks

According to one newspaper article I read yesterday the account should just change to 'FOC' without any user input ....... but TBH I would not be inclined to take that as gospel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Activated yesterday (have eir BB only) and no mess, no fuss. Now have the sports channels on Sky.

2 things struck me as odd though:
    1. The eir dog is huge (already said, I know, but needs re-iterating)
    2. eir sports 1 is not HD, but eir sports 2 is? All other channels are HD too...

Any idea re. the HD of eir sports 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

dulpit wrote: »
    Activated yesterday (have eir BB only) and no mess, no fuss. Now have the sports channels on Sky.

2 things struck me as odd though:
    1. The eir dog is huge (already said, I know, but needs re-iterating)
    2. eir sports 1 is not HD, but eir sports 2 is? All other channels are HD too...

eir Sports 1 is a continuation of Setanta Ireland just under a different name, and SI never had a HD channel on Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

That DOG aint the best on Eir yikes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

dulpit wrote: »

I've go it only on Cable at the minute

Advertisement