Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A whopping 70% off all watches in the official Ferrari website

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Dude it's a watch not a tablet or mobile phone. It's job is to tell the TIME!

so there is no difference between a micra and a range rover cos they both drive you around right?

j4vier wrote: »
    so there is no difference between a micra and a range rover cos they both drive you around right?

Exactly!

Now I'm off to work.

*hitches up trailer*

Ahhh sh*t...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

Reading some of the more negative comments here... it always amazes me why some people seem compelled to knock a bargain... people of Ireland if you don't want a Ferrari branded watch that's fine... if you don't like a Ferrari watch thats ok... if you think an Aldi watch is as good as a Ferrari branded watch thats great... we all have different idea's of what a constitutes a bargain.. just don't try whitewash your views over the rest of us... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Dude it's a watch not a tablet or mobile phone. It's job is to tell the TIME!

But you could have bought a digital watch for 2 quid, so your 10 quid watch was also a rip off. Also, your phone has the time so even that 2 quid would also be a waste.

Obviously if you don't give a crap about watches, then there's no point paying more than the bare minimum.

But do you really think that everyone who would spend more than the bare minimum on a watch didn't realise that?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TheIrishClassic

You are right donjfarrell, we all have different idea's of what constitutes a bargain. I seem to think that spending several hundred euro's on a watch is not a bargain however alot of you seem to disagree. To those of you that do think it is a bargain, all i can say is "well ware"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I understand you do not think this is good value but why you feel the need to post negative comments on this particular thread is beyond me. If you are not interested then don't post and leave the thread to those of us who are interested.

To the OP: Thanks for posting, bought one last night

I seem to think that spending several hundred euro's on a watch is not a bargain

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

deegs wrote: »
    Why so bitter, did you get run over by a ferarri once?
    :D

Not at all. I just find the difference between the cost of materials and the retail a little bit hard to swallow. I have no problem spending money on a watch. The one I am wearing right now cost a fair bit. The difference is that in this case, a replacement movement, direct from the manufacturer, costs 2/3 of the overall value of the watch, rather than 10%.

Apologies to OP, I don't mean to rain on his parade, and to each their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

faolteam wrote: »
    did see something about customs but i think its outside eu

Picked up the Ferrari Granturismo. Thought it was the nicest.

Just for anybody worried about customs i've been told they ship from within the
    EU so should be no extra charges!

I agree with you gerryk. It's a fashion watch, not a particularly fine timepiece.

But it's priced comparably (possibly even favourably with the discount) to other similar watches and has what looks to be a pretty solid movement, so it's not a disposable bit of tin from China either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Got this bad boy myself.

185_12925.jpg

Can never resist a good bargain.. sigh :(

Thanks OP ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

These watches are a rip-off! I bought a watch in Aldi about 6 months ago for €9.99 that looks alot better than any of these watches.

Then don't read or post on the bloody thread. You're not posting a Bargain, just showing that you place less value on this particular brand.

Whatever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

I would never pay that kind of swag for a watch...although with the watch i have at the moment i have to move the hands myself to the right time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cheaper than it usually retails for = Bargain Alert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Anyone get a tracking number yet? I'm on the live chat with "Marco" but he doesn't respond :?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

Yep. Got a tracking number today. Watch has been dispatched

• Advertisement

Rabbo wrote: »
    Yep. Got a tracking number today. Watch has been dispatched
    Did you pick economy or express and what time did u order at?

I ordered at 8:45ish, picked express delivery, no sign of tracking number yet.

Not sweating yet, don't panic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I just went for basic delivery as when it arrives I should be home to collect it. Got a second email today with an invoice.

Edit - forgot to say thanks to the OP, this is one of the better threads that I have seen in Bargain Alerts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Is this over now?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Is this over now?

Nope, still going....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Not wishing to rain on the parade lads but - " (inc. 21% VAT - Shipping expenses/customs duty not included)" copied from the page where I tried to buy a Granturismo Automatic.

Story?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

mathepac wrote: »
    Not wishing to rain on the parade lads but - " (inc. 21% VAT - Shipping expenses/customs duty not included)" copied from the page where I tried to buy a Granturismo Automatic.

Story?

No need to worry about Customs / Import Duty.... item is shipped from Italy which is in the EU. The Ferrari online shop caters to global customers so they must warn customers outside the EU they may be liable for Customs / Duty. :D

MJ434 wrote: »
    Did you pick economy or express and what time did u order at?

I ordered at 11:30pm last night, fedex economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I dont even wear a watch but i still bought one cant pass up a deal with nearly €350 off,thanks OP :)

Rabbo wrote: »
    I ordered at 11:30pm last night, fedex economy.

Was the tracking number on the invoice mine still says processing...

No, I got a separate email today saying it was shipped with tracking details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

darego wrote: »

This one is back in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I've personally only a laser card and can't get my hands on my gf's CC till later in the week, bloody sick if these offers end tonight! any chances of it lasting the week?

nocoverart wrote: »
    I've personally only a laser card and can't get my hands on my gf's CC till later in the week, bloody sick if these offers end tonight! any chances of it lasting the week?

You can pay by paypal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

PayPal doesn't do Laser cards.

If you're near a shop you can go in and buy a virtual Visa card, via a 3V. It is the price you want to load, plus a fiver or so charge. You can then use this on the website directly, or visa PayPal.

https://3v.ie/where_to_buy_3V_vouchers.html?tk=37

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

You can pay by paypal.

Yeah I never bother my butt in using paypal before, thanks! all sorted through mates o2 card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Which one are you getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Eoin wrote: »
    I agree with you gerryk. It's a fashion watch, not a particularly fine timepiece.

But it's priced comparably (possibly even favourably with the discount) to other similar watches and has what looks to be a pretty solid movement, so it's not a disposable bit of tin from China either.

Thank you for not disparaging Chinese watchmaking and manufacturing standards.

In fact with Sea-gull, Beijing and Shanghai movements/watches you can get a fantastic bit of mechanical engineering for a fraction the cost of a Swiss movement.

I like to collect watches and have watches that cost 4 figures, 3 figures and 2 figures - they are all of high quality, whether Swiss, Chinese, Japanese or Soviet (but that's a pocket watch ;) )

I'd encourage you to educate yourself a little about Chinese watchmaking - you might be surprised to see what comes out of China nowadays (besides the replicas and fakes).

And good spot OP - the discount is hefty. An ETA 2824 for €291 seems to be a pretty good price - on ofrei the wholesale cost of an ETA 2824 is 200 dollars:
    http://www.ofrei.com/page_183.html

Read through this site:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/fine-watches-jewelry-clothes/383710-half-off-ferrari-scuderia-watches-6.html

And it seems like the discounts happen quite often (varying from 50 to 70%).

Not sure of the quality of the quartz watches - saw a few complaints there. The auto does seem tempting though.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Thank you for not disparaging Chinese watchmaking and manufacturing standards.

In fact with Sea-gull, Beijing and Shanghai movements/watches you can get a fantastic bit of mechanical engineering for a fraction the cost of a Swiss movement.

Not that any of this is particularly relevant to the thread, as these are not Chinese watches - but I'm aware there are plenty of good Chinese watches around; I picked up a rather nice hand-wound one for myself a couple of weeks ago. But there's also some terrible cheap ****e out there.

In case it wasn't clear, I wasn't saying that ALL Chinese watches are crap. I was saying that these watches weren't some of the cheap ones.

Damn you OP - my credit card won't be thanking you!

I ordered the auto granturismo since I don't really wear quartz watches anymore. Paid 291 in the end for one.

I'll let people know how it stacks up against the watches I currently have. And for those who are sitting on the fence - I read in the ferrarichat forum that they once offered 75% off too.

And from the ferrarichat site - it seems that the watches may be made by Sordi in Italy:
    http://www.sordiorologi.it/inglese/pagine/azienda/azienda.htm
    Though I'm not sure if that applies for the mechanical watch too or not.

They also make these watches:
    http://www.momodesign.com/prodotti/watches-automatic.html

For those who are interested in cheaper/quirky watches:
    http://www.usseagull.com/EnProductShow.asp?ID=141 - great collection of Chinese A grade mechanical watches.

http://www.meranom.com/amphibian-classic/limited%20edition - Russian watches that could be "fun" - and only 70 euro for a new mechanical, not bad!

Edit:
    Confirmed that Sordi make the watches - you can even print off their manuals here:
    http://www.sordiorologi.it/inglese/pagine/ferrari/ferrari_manuals.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/42mm-po-8500-vs-44mm-speedmaster-9300-a-670341.html

This is a 44.25mm watch for reference.

I have small wrists and find that 44mm is acceptable (I wear watches from 38mm to 42mm generally)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Thirdfox wrote: »
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/42mm-po-8500-vs-44mm-speedmaster-9300-a-670341.html

This is a 44.25mm watch for reference.

I have small wrists and find that 44mm is acceptable (I wear watches from 38mm to 42mm generally)

Cheers, I think it may be a bit big for me :(
    I have never found a bracelet in H and M or topman that wasnt too big for me for example

Ah bracelets can be easily adjusted - there are pins in the links that you push out.

And yes - I remove lots of links (had to take out 6 from my Omega, 7 from my Sea-gull) to suit my wrists.

The only issue is if the face of the watch is too big for your wrist (won't sit properly).

I think 44mm should be okay for any guy (saying that as I'm a guy with narrow wrists and can still wear a 44). Wouldn't go any higher than that though.

• Advertisement

Ah crap, the ones I like are back in stock. This could be a test of my willpower.

Thirdfox, great links you posted - I'm tempted by a Sea-gull as well now.

Mine shipped this morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Mines in Dublin already. Hopefully be waiting for me when I get home after work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Email last night with a tracking number. Still in Italy at the moment. Kind of sorry I didn't go all out on one of the really expensive ones now...unless I done deal or ebay the one currently ordered and hope no one sees this thread...I'll stop thinking about this as otherwise it will cost me too much money:pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Damn you BA. Damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!1111!!! I got one of the more expensive ones too!

My weaknesses are runners and watches!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Which one did you get? Pay day is tomorrow and if this offer is still on....doomed!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Flynner64

Thanks OP....even though reading about the mad expensive watches everyone is getting makes me feel poor, I'm quite happy to have ordered a €95 watch for €28.50 :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

blastman wrote: »
    Which one did you get? Pay day is tomorrow and if this offer is still on....doomed!!

I got the Scuderia Ferrari full black chrono for €480! I wouldve prefered a metallic/carbon fibre strap, but what you going to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I have a spare Ferrari Granturismo Chrono Silver if anybody wants to buy it.
    Currently out of Stock. €670 and got it for €205.

Will have it tomorrow

http://store.ferrari.com/en/watches/watches/granturismo/ferrari-granturismo-chrono-watch.html

If anybody buys it off me i'm gonna buy it in black instead. If not i'll just
    keep it. Its €100 more expensive in black and was out of stock when i
    ordered, back in stock now though.

For once it isn't rip off republic, I changed to the UK store and the sterling price is more than the euro one €480 versus £518 for the black chronograph!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Mine just arrived :)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement