Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Eircom going to attempt to match the Sky broadband/phone rates

Options
  • 25-02-2013 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Been offered €40 a month by Sky compared to Eircom's €52 approx for the same product. Been a long time customer of Eircom but strongly considering moving.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭dubred

I am also interested in the answer to this, just got my bill from Eircom and I think my most recent contract is just about up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

kranbo wrote: »
    Been offered €40 a month by Sky compared to Eircom's €52 approx for the same product. Been a long time customer of Eircom but strongly considering moving.

Hi kranboand dubred

I can confirm that eircom can compete withother providers in the market and I have been advised to ask you to contact the customer services team on free phone 1901 and please chose option 4 to explore your options and discuss what packages and discounts that would be available to you.

Best wishes

Al

Hi kranboand dubred

I can confirm that eircom can compete withother providers in the market and I have been advised to ask you to contact the customer services team on free phone 1901 and please chose option 4 to explore your options and discuss what packages and discounts that would be available to you.

Best wishes

Al
    Hi Al

I have just tried this now and option 4 is to cancel your services, I just get stuck in a loop of options to cancel stuff.

David

EDIT: coincidentally, i just received a call from Eircom offering improved pricing

dubred wrote: »
    Hi Al

I have just tried this now and option 4 is to cancel your services, I just get stuck in a loop of options to cancel stuff.

David

EDIT: coincidentally, i just received a call from Eircom offering improved pricing

Hi dubred

I'm sorry to hear this, If you press the option for cease of account and explain to the agent that you are contacting them as you are interested in another provider and want to see what is available to you they will happily go through your options with you.

Regards

Al

Hi dubred

I'm sorry to hear this, If you press the option for cease of account and explain to the agent that you are contacting them as you are interested in another provider and want to see what is available to you they will happily go through your options with you.

Regards

Al
    Hi Al

The call I got from Eircom gave me an option to reduce my monthly bill to €45 if I switch to talktime weekend from off peak, and I get the first 6 months at €40, Sky's offer includes off peak calls for €40.  It doesn't make a lot of sense for a downstream provider to be able to offer more for less!

Thanks
    David

• Advertisement

Hi Al

Further update:

The weekend talktime is now not available, so the only way I can reduce my costs with eircom is to commit to a 12 month contract and get €5 off (the €52 rate) for the first 6 months.  This doesn't match my interpretation of competing with other providers.  Do I need to ring up again and issue an ultimatum that I will switch to a competitor in order to get a comparable rate?

David

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Hi Al

Further update:

The weekend talktime is now not available, so the only way I can reduce my costs with eircom is to commit to a 12 month contract and get €5 off (the €52 rate) for the first 6 months.  This doesn't match my interpretation of competing with other providers.  Do I need to ring up again and issue an ultimatum that I will switch to a competitor in order to get a comparable rate?

David
    I would recommend that when you ring them again you just tell them you want to cancel. The rep can see your previous calls to them and will offer a better deal ie, I was offered  + €60 credit plus better discounts than you were offered, to stay for 12 months

Hi Alan

Finally got around to trying this again and I am satisfied to stay with eircom for another 12 months.  I got better discounts but not the €60 credit that kranbo was offered!!

David

Hi David,

I'm glad to hear this, I appreciate you coming back to me. If you have any further queries come back to us here.

Thanks

Al

Hi Alan

I know this is an old thread, but I have been looking at my bills and it seems that I have only been getting the first discount that I mentioned from the customer support line, i.e. €47 p/m rather than the either €30 or €35 p/m (can't remember which now) for 6 months that I was offered on the cancellation line.  Can you check this out for me?

David

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Alan

I know this is an old thread, but I have been looking at my bills and it seems that I have only been getting the first discount that I mentioned from the customer support line, i.e. €47 p/m rather than the either €30 or €35 p/m (can't remember which now) for 6 months that I was offered on the cancellation line.  Can you check this out for me?

David

Hi dubred

Can you confirm the number and agent you spoke to and PM me with your eircom account number please.

Mark

Hi Alan

David

Hi dubred

Can you confirm the number and agent you spoke to and PM me with your eircom account number please.

Mark
    Hi Mark

PM sent

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Alan

David

Hi dubred

Mark
    Hi Mark

PM sent

David

Hi David,

Got it thanks. I have looked into it and PM you.

Mark

Advertisement